Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.4 Anything New?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seem to have a “new” thing with 2020.4.1 where my door pillar cameras fog up and I get alert messages telling me their visibility is blocked and not working.

I have never seen condensation in my door pillar cameras before. I wonder if it is software related or somehow just now becoming a problem on both sides. Seems odd they would fail on the same day.

I seem to have a “new” thing with 2020.4.1 where my door pillar cameras fog up and I get alert messages telling me their visibility is blocked and not working.

I have never seen condensation in my door pillar cameras before. I wonder if it is software related or somehow just now becoming a problem on both sides. Seems odd they would fail on the same day.

Could be that they were fogging before, but the software now makes you aware of it..

I've seen that message in the past.

Where's the master thread for this version? Anyone? Search doesn't find it...

Kind of wishing we had the option of explicitly 'skip update' when notified about an update like when we've heard it is a hot mess so we don't have to ignore the notifications or get accidentally delivered the one we know is jacked. It would also be nice if in the car it told you the version number it was planning to update you too so you could read about it ahead of time and decide if you want it or to skip it.

Where's the master thread for this version? Anyone? Search doesn't find it...

Kind of wishing we had the option of explicitly 'skip update' when notified about an update like when we've heard it is a hot mess so we don't have to ignore the notifications or get accidentally delivered the one we know is jacked. It would also be nice if in the car it told you the version number it was planning to update you too so you could read about it ahead of time and decide if you want it or to skip it.
You do have an option to skip the update, just don’t install it. Although agreed, it doesn’t tell you which version it will install. But I tend to always be on the latest so I know which is coming.

You do have an option to skip the update, just don’t install it. Although agreed, it doesn’t tell you which version it will install. But I tend to always be on the latest so I know which is coming.

Sure I don't install it but two things...
- Having the update icon and periodic and persistent connect to wifi notifications that increase when an update is ready kind of sucks and taunts you into just doing it and regretting it later.
- You don't know when the next update is available or at all which one hitting Update will give you. Let's say there is a newer update out, you don't know that hitting the update will give you the newer one or the one you don't want. You don't even know there is a newer one out to the one you know you want to skip.

Just having a 'skip update' button and advertising the version of the update it will bring to you and letting you tap on the version to review the release notes for that version so you can decide if it matters to you or not would make things much nicer.

Sure I don't install it but two things...
- Having the update icon and periodic and persistent connect to wifi notifications that increase when an update is ready kind of sucks and taunts you into just doing it and regretting it later.
- You don't know when the next update is available or at all which one hitting Update will give you. Let's say there is a newer update out, you don't know that hitting the update will give you the newer one or the one you don't want. You don't even know there is a newer one out to the one you know you want to skip.

Just having a 'skip update' button and advertising the version of the update it will bring to you and letting you tap on the version to review the release notes for that version so you can decide if it matters to you or not would make things much nicer.
Good point. Fair enough.

It would also be nice if in the car it told you the version number it was planning to update you too so you could read about it ahead of time and decide if you want it or to skip it.

Although agreed, it doesn’t tell you which version it will install.

The car will tell you what update version is pending for download/install. Just go to the software section in the menus, the version number of the pending update will be displayed right there. Tesla finally introduced this a few months back. Before that there was truly no way of knowing which version you were getting until the update finished installing.

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng and whatthe2