Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It definitely needs to take its sweet time in San Diego and Benicia, for it to not be early.
Maybe another stop along the way between San Diego and Benicia.
What do you think of Glovis Sonic as the 1st instead?
I don't see any reason why a ship heading for the Far East could not jump the queue.
I have GRAND PIONEER as EU bound and a 7 July arrival at Pier 80 fits the schedule I have seen.
I have GRAND DAHLIA as EU bound also and pencilled in after the GLOVIS SUN.
and then GLOVIS SUNRISE enters the equation but I can't find any evidence of her in EU bookings for Aug/Sep and so I suspect she may not be heading our way.
The trouble is my list of possibles is still too large and this quarter a lot of EU bookings either don't exist or remain tentative placeholders, which is very frustrating.

Mind you, SILVER RAY did not feature on any EU schedules before she turned up either.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mark S
I don't see any reason why a ship heading for the Far East could not jump the queue.
I have GRAND PIONEER as EU bound and a 7 July arrival at Pier 80 fits the schedule I have seen.
I have GRAND DAHLIA as EU bound also and pencilled in after the GLOVIS SUN.
and then GLOVIS SUNRISE enters the equation but I can't find any evidence of her in EU bookings for Aug/Sep and so I suspect she may not be heading our way.
The trouble is my list of possibles is still too large and this quarter a lot of EU bookings either don't exist or remain tentative placeholders, which is very frustrating.

Mind you, SILVER RAY did not feature on any EU schedules before she turned up either.

My list has also swollen considerately this afternoon after looking at Glovis ships. On the surface there's almost to many ships to choose from. I miss the days, where we had names on ships that were booked for Panama crossings.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark S
My list has also swollen considerately this afternoon after looking at Glovis ships. On the surface there's almost to many ships to choose from. I miss the days, where we had names on ships that were booked for Panama crossings.

Keep checking the Panama site because I've noticed them put the list up accidentally twice in the last month!

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Mark S and MGrove
Just to make sure we are talking about the same page, this one: http://www.boydsteamship.com?
Has the mistakes been useful for ship trackers like us?
Yes it would have been if they covered the periods of interest to us, which of course they didn't.
The traffic list was added at the bottom of the standard 6 pages.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark S and MGrove
SHOCK HORROR!

It looks as though the GRAND PIONEER may be heading off to Korea from San Diego according to its port schedule.
I hope it is incorrect but we won't have to wait long to find out as the ship is due to depart at 16:00 local (midnight UK)
I was pretty well convinced this was going to be the 1st Tesla ship of Q3 and said so for some time. Gutted.

Think I’ll start jumping in here occasionally for Europe (usually AU/NZ is my home turf). I’m getting a reliable view of the container ship US exports globally. The Model S/X shipments out of Houston are very regular, this qtr had them from Savannah also. And I am seeing megapack, powerpack, and supercharger movements, and on the search for Model Y (Tesla or private).

Think I’ll start jumping in here occasionally for Europe (usually AU/NZ is my home turf). I’m getting a reliable view of the container ship US exports globally. The Model S/X shipments out of Houston are very regular, this qtr had them from Savannah also. And I am seeing megapack, powerpack, and supercharger movements, and on the search for Model Y (Tesla or private).
That'll be great. We could do with some folk who really know what they are talking about!
I'm sure those waiting for Model S/X will welcome some news.