Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You knew it was coming.....

The GLOVIS SUN competition is now open for entries!

All you have to do is study the chart below and using your skill and judgement decide which gridsquare GLOVIS SUN will be in at Midday UTC on 09 Dec 20?

grid-jpg.609576

She will be sailing between Panama (bottom left) and Zeebrugge (top right).
Only 1 entry per person In the event of multiple entries, only your first entry will count.
In the event of a tie, the person who chose the closest gridsquare first will be declared the winner.
The competition will close to new entries when GLOVIS SUN enters the Panama Canal.
There is no prize - it's just bit of fun!

My advice is to enter early.
If you wait to the last minute like @Mr. Impatient does you just end up as the third or fourth person to choose that square - so enter early.

Enter the GLOVIS SUN competition! Click HERE

@Mr Miserable I seem to remember you mentioning earlier that the Zeebrugge locks are notorious for malfunctioning ? The "Hoegh Kobe" has been almost an hour in the lock now, trying to leave Zeebrugge. Do you know how long it usually takes to fix the locks ?

They have been causing problems for years. I don't know how long they take to fix.

However we at least now know why GRAND AURORA will have to anchor and wait until Thursday morning to dock.

BS284 PVD-Lock Interruption for the shipping traffic
13/11/2020
till:
09/12/2020
Due to maintenance works the P. Vandamme Lock will be interrupted for the shipping traffic on:

- Monday the 23rd of November 2020 from 8h00 till 13h00
- Wednesday the 25th of November 2020 from 08h00 until Thursday the 26th of November 02h00
-Monday the 7th until Wednesday the 9th of December 2020 from 8h00 until 13h00

Each time until the mentioned end time or as much shorter as possible or longer as necessary.

Let's hope that this time the work finishes on time!

@Mr Miserable Do you know the reason they actually have locks at Zeebrugge? is it like in the Netherlands that they have reclaimed land from the sea and the waterlevel inside the locks are lower ? or vise versa ?

I should imagine it's to allow the inner harbour to have a fixed water level ie not subject to tidal ebb and flow.