Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully that means that mine, on the Morning Cara, will be a few days later.
Was in Stockport today chatting to the staff. They are expecting several transporters a week for the next few weeks. They’re going to be so busy that they’ve moved test drives off site to Reddish Golf Club!

My cars on Morning Cara too, a white LR going to Leeds SC. Hoping to get some form of communication next week.

Reactions: rEV gadget
I suspect you guys may get a text early next week. For anyone interested my timeline of events:

Ordered M3P 23/1
Brooklands departed around 9/2
Noticed VIN around 15/2
Got text 28/2
Delivery booked 12/3

Wasn't contacted between ordering and getting the text. I did call once and was told it was on Brooklands.

Not sure if this helps, but my car was on the Challenge and I’ve now had my text, delivery date (4th Mar) and my reg number through. Would have thought 4th was a bit tight if it was still in Zee and coming in on the Grand Mark?

Just had text through delaying my M3P from 4th to the 6th. Presumably means it’s on the Grand Mark after all and they’re just adjusting for the delay into Southampton.

Thanks Mr M. Next question is at what stage do they allocate the VIN? Is it when the car leaves the factory or is it once it's on a ship? ISTR the rail journey from Fremont to Houston used to take up to 10 days? Trying to work out which ship mine's likely to be on with VIN allocated 21-23 February. My Tesla page source contains "copyOverride":"March" and knowing Tesla they will make sure I get the car before end of quarter so the Iowa seems a bit too late.

The train journey from Oakland to BNSF Pearland takes 9 days. It's then 1 hr away from the port, Barbours Cut Houston.
I have no idea on when the VIN is allocated.
On Model 3s it seems the VIN allocation task may have moved to the US - this is very speculative but based on the timings of the VIN allocation taking place during west coast office hours. They also seem to appear soon after the cars are technically exported which in some cases has meant that they are still on the dockside at Pier 80 SFO.

Reactions: DrBobM and Roy W.
I have spent the morning on researching my usual sources with the aim of identifying any ships that could be heading to Pier 80 in the near future and have drawn a complete blank. I think we can conclude that Q1 shipments are complete, at least from Pier 80.
As most of you are aware, UK leasing companies have been told not to expect any deliveries in Q2 until June. This would mean no ships departing Pier 80 until May. I have found a couple of well positioned ships for April, meaning a May delivery, so this may not be completely true. Then again, trying to forecast ship movements 2 months in advance is like long term weather forecasting. April 6th will be sunny by the way.

My cars on Morning Cara too, a white LR going to Leeds SC. Hoping to get some form of communication next week.
You can try and calling the service centre or a store close to you.
I did and I was told that it is very likely that I will have to collect my car on the 20th. They said their system is pretty accurate usually on this although there could be 1 or 2 days late.. but yeah

FOR MODEL S/X BUYERS

MAERSK IDAHO now heading in to Rotterdam to unload.

SAFMARINE MAFARDI now loading at Houston (Barbours Cut)

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere... but how long is it normally from arriving in Rotterdam to being able to collect the car (a Model S).

I also haven't yet had confirmation of delivery date, VIN etc... would this be normal?

Tesla told me that the car was on the Idaho about 2 weeks ago but seem to have decided that they are not telling anyone which ship their car is on - anyone else have experience of this?

Annie

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere... but how long is it normally from arriving in Rotterdam to being able to collect the car (a Model S).

I also haven't yet had confirmation of delivery date, VIN etc... would this be normal?

Tesla told me that the car was on the Idaho about 2 weeks ago but seem to have decided that they are not telling anyone which ship their car is on - anyone else have experience of this?

Annie

I ordered my X in Jan through leasing. I have no VIN and no idea if it’s even going to turn up. I’ve tried Tesla who just say they have no idea!

Morning Cara still making progress across the Atlantic. She's about to pass the Azores.
Speed slightly lower at 16.5kn
Keep moving ....
Screenshot 2020-02-29 at 15.06.35.png