Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sadly its a bit like "how long is a piece of string" . I'm awaiting an order placed on the 28th Oct., but do have an RN and VIN so hope this month to collect from those nice guys at Dartford.(White SR+ black interior) I have had NO communication from my lease company Leaseplan. All info has come from calls too Tesla !!.

I have had NO communication from my lease company Leaseplan. All info has come from calls to Tesla !!.
Interesting. I ordered my M3P from Leaseplan in the first week of Jan. I've sent them a couple of emails asking for a RN or if they can link it to my Tesla account and the replies they've sent have been very polite but then I realise that they haven't actually answered anything :confused:

I tried emailing Tesla ([email protected]) but have been ignored so I'm resigned to just switching off and forgetting about it until Leaseplan get in touch. I'm in no real hurry so I should stop reading this thread really, all it does is make me itch to go find out more info about my order.

Sadly its a bit like "how long is a piece of string" . I'm awaiting an order placed on the 28th Oct., but do have an RN and VIN so hope this month to collect from those nice guys at Dartford.(White SR+ black interior) I have had NO communication from my lease company Leaseplan. All info has come from calls too Tesla !!.

Same here. I also ordered that week. Bypassed the broker and contacted Tesla. They gave me VIN and told me to expect delivery 3rd week March in Edinburger. Broker still saying mid Feb delivery :rolleyes:.

Just wanted to say thanks to all who have contributed to this thread (especially Mr Miserable of course).

From the timing of my hidden VIN, I think my car is probably on the Glovis Challenge, which I have now been tracking daily, thanks to this thread. For others who might be looking, it is now on its way through the Panama Canal...

EjJ0IDu9ru.png

Hi all, must say this is fascinating!

Ordered 27th December. SR+ in white, black interior. Noticed a VIN in the source code a week or so ago.

Problem is, I reply don’t want delivery until March. I’m out of the country for most of Feb on business. I did tell the Tesla agent that called to confirm my order & gave the dates, he said he’d try to work around my availability.

If they assign me a delivery date when I’m out of the country, I assume I just go to the back of the line (looking like April/May then?)

I'd wager there's a fair chance that yours is on the Cosmos then, as that was around the time it passed through the canal. Given that the second boat, the Challenge, is now there, I'm naively hoping I get a VIN this week. Going to give them a call on Wednesday...

As hoped for, the GLOVIS CHALLENGE will complete its canal transit later today and we will find out its ETA for Zeebrugge (should be around 8 Feb). There is no significant weather forecast to affect its Atlantic crossing.
With the GRAND MARK well on the way, that makes 3 ships heading for Europe! The GRAND MARK made the same voyage last year and was eagerly anticipated as it had the first decent quantity of RHD Model 3s onboard for the UK.
The VIKING BRAVERY is now alongside Pier 80 for its short load, it will depart for Korea later today (Monday).
BROOKLANDS is still making its way to San Diego. After about 12 hours it will depart for Benicia where it is due to arrive tomorrow (Tue) night to unload the remainder of its cargo before finally making its way down the channel to Pier 80.
The GLOVIS COSMOS is still on track to arrive at Zeebrugge this Saturday. It will make a brief stop off Brixham on Sat morning to pick up a channel pilot before continuing. It's worth mentioning here that the Cosmos is due to stop at Southampton on 14 Feb but this has nothing to do with Tesla - the ship will have been completely unloaded days earlier at Zeebrugge.

The GLOVIS COSMOS is still on track to arrive at Zeebrugge this Saturday. It will make a brief stop off Brixham on Sat morning to pick up a channel pilot before continuing. It's worth mentioning here that the Cosmos is due to stop at Southampton on 14 Feb but this has nothing to do with Tesla - the ship will have been completely unloaded days earlier at Zeebrugge.

Great update once again...
So you do not think the Cosmos will return to Southampton 14th Feb to offload any Tesla's?
I spoke with Tesla Edinburgh this morning who are of the opinion that after Zeebrugge, the vehicles will be transferred to another Ship which is destined for Southamption?

Sorry if it's off topic but I've been given a reservation number and I've got the order with Tesla, how would I add that to my Tesla account? It's through a lease company so I've not ordered it myself.

From what I understand you don't, you have to wait for delivery, when the lease company attached it for you.So you can't play the VIN game (sad face)...

As I said, just what I have picked up on here, so could be wrong...