Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if it's off topic but I've been given a reservation number and I've got the order with Tesla, how would I add that to my Tesla account? It's through a lease company so I've not ordered it myself.
From what I understand you don't, you have to wait for delivery, when the lease company attached it for you.So you can't play the VIN game (sad face)...

As I said, just what I have picked up on here, so could be wrong...
What he said.....

Sorry but I have just noticed I made a mistake in my earlier post about the GLOVIS CHALLENGE. I should have said that I expect it to arrive at Zeebrugge around 15 Feb. (I said 8 Feb, which is of course is the Cosmos)
Unhelpfully, the Challenge had not updated its AIS data before it went out of range of land receivers. Anyway we may have another opportunity to see if its been updated when it passes to the east of Jamaica heading for the Windward Passage. At least I think that is where it's headed (the AIS signal was lost very soon after leaving the canal zone) because if it were heading for the Mona Passage (like the Cosmos did) I think we would have had another sniff of AIS data by now.
Unless of course anybody subscribes to MarineTraffic.com or pays for satellite updates from the app (I don't!).....

Last edited:
I note that the San Francisco Chronicle is reporting that the VIKING BRAVERY is bound for Taipei. That may be, but I have info, from a usually reliable source, that suggests that it is due to arrive at Pyeontaek, S. Korea on 22 Feb. They could both be right.
We'll find out later tonight as it's due to depart at 1900 local.

Last edited:
Sorry but I have just noticed I made a mistake in my earlier post about the GLOVIS CHALLENGE. I should have said that I expect it to arrive at Zeebrugge around 15 Feb. (I said 8 Feb, which is of course is the Cosmos)
Unhelpfully, the Challenge had not updated its AIS data before it went out of range of land receivers. Anyway we may have another opportunity to see if its been updated when it passes to the east of Jamaica heading for the Windward Passage. At least I think that is where it's headed (the AIS signal was lost very soon after leaving the canal zone) because if it were heading for the Mona Passage (like the Cosmos did) I think we would have had another sniff of AIS data by now.
Unless of course anybody subscribes to MarineTraffic.com or pays for updates from the app (I don't!).....
The current position of GLOVIS CHALLENGE is at coordinates 11.07238 N / 78.94814 W reported 37 mins ago by AIS. The vessel is en route to the port of Zeebrugge, sailing at a speed of 16.2 knots and expected to arrive there on Feb 16, 01:00

More news on the GLOVIS COSMOS. The ship has now appeared on the Zeebrugge port schedule as arriving at 23:30 on 8 Feb (no surprise) and departing at 22:00 on 9 Feb. Such a quick unload is a surprise and suggests it may not be a full unload. We know it's due to load in Southampton on 14 Feb so where is it going in between? It doesn't appear to be Amsterdam. Norway?

More news on the GLOVIS COSMOS. The ship has now appeared on the Zeebrugge port schedule as arriving at 23:30 on 8 Feb (no surprise) and departing at 22:00 on 9 Feb. Such a quick unload is a surprise and suggests it may not be a full unload. We know it's due to load in Southampton on 14 Feb so where is it going in between? It doesn't appear to be Amsterdam. Norway?
Is it not simply offloading the UK cars in Southampton? As mentioned yesterday Tesla Edinburgh said UK deliveries will be shipped to Southampton, so this would tie in with the 14th Feb loading.

I note that the San Francisco Chronicle is reporting that the VIKING BRAVERY is bound for Taipei. That may be, but I have info, from a usually reliable source, that suggests that it is due to arrive at Pyeontaek, S. Korea on 22 Feb. They could both be right.
We'll find out later tonight as it's due to depart at 1900 local.
VIKING BRAVERY left Pier 80 last night for Taipei, Taiwan

Is it not simply offloading the UK cars in Southampton? As mentioned yesterday Tesla Edinburgh said UK deliveries will be shipped to Southampton, so this would tie in with the 14th Feb loading.

Traditionally, the ships were unloaded in Zeebrugge and then loaded on to ships heading for Grimsby (for the northern folk) and Sheerness (for the southerners). This changed in the latter half of last year when Tesla established a more permanent footprint at Southampton and ships were again unloaded in Zeebrugge but this time UK cars were loaded onto Southampton bound ships. There were a couple of exceptions to the rule - Hoegh Oslo which came direct from Philly and Grand Dahlia which didn't unload the large UK consignment in Zeebrugge but continued with them to Southampton. Although other ships that had carried Teslas from Pier 80 to Zeebrugge subsequently visited Southampton they were not carrying Tesla's at this time.
GLOVIS COSMOS may be setting a new pattern by offloading in Zeebrugge, (Norway) and then Southampton. We shall see...
I might apply for the @LongRanger job, for the 14 Feb at least. I have my own binoculars.
If any deliveries are scheduled prior to or on the 14th they will have been unloaded in Zeebrugge and its unlikely that there will be any on the Cosmos.