Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted: Trained Spies
Pay: £0 per hour
Start Date : 10 Feb 2020
End Date : The future
Job Description : Observe and report even the faintest glimmer of ships docking at Southampton docks, must have strong 4G signal and a TMC account

I work in Portchester, not a million miles from Southampton. If Mr Miserable can give me a date and time when the boat arrives in Southampton I can try and take a long lunch break down there.

How long do they take to unload? Do they go straight onto lorries or do they fill up the carpark first? Hoping the later so that I can spy what they have.

Just having a look on google maps (attached pic is only half the dock area) there are several big areas of car storage. Do we know which dock location Tesla shipped have docked into before/likely to dock?

Attachments

• SH Docks.png
    SH Docks.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 92
Spoke to a really nice guy this afternoon at Tesla. He told me they expect the first delivery of cars second week of February.
He said that they should start notifying people once they get the list of the cars on the ship. Hopefully by the end of next week. I don’t know about that though. He also said they are going to do 100 cars a week once the ships start arriving. I asked him the name of the ship but he didn’t know.
Dave

My guess was mid-next-week when they would start to reach out, based on the ship arriving late on the 8th. Logically they would load cars onto transporters going to the different locations. It would make sense to pair at that point but feels like it will be luck of the draw if my car will make it onto transporter 1 or 10 or not at all, then have to wait for the next ship.

Evening, new to the group. Can anybody tell me if there are any more vehicle carriers expected to arrive in the uk after the grand mark? Ordered recently and hoping to take delivery by end of March... I'm maybe's being too optimistic. Tia

GLOVIS COSMOS may be setting a new pattern by offloading in Zeebrugge, (Norway) and then Southampton. We shall see...
I might apply for the @LongRanger job, for the 14 Feb at least. I have my own binoculars.
If any deliveries are scheduled prior to or on the 14th they will have been unloaded in Zeebrugge and its unlikely that there will be any on the Cosmos

What do you make of this Mr Miserable? Too early to arrive from Zeebrugge if switched over from Cosmos
Zee-Southampton.PNG
?

Not sure if the person that posted this on facebook is on here, so I can't give them a mention, but here's something I just saw:

Have a model 3 on order?

I just spoke to tesla and my delivery is expected end of Feb-Beginning if March. I ordered from Southampton stock the day they all appeared on there. The car is on one of the boats near Belgium ‍♂️ (that’s what he said anyway) there is a total 6 boats of Teslas coming over from USA.

I hope that maybe gives some idea of time for people on the wait list.

Any ideas what the other three boats are after the Cosmos, Challenge, and Grand Mark?

just got an update transmitted from the crew of the Glovis Cosmos!

“The journey is a bit slow and tedious so we thought we would check out the cargo. Glad we did, we are now having a great time”

They attached a couple of pictures!

Attachments

• 02BAD09F-866D-4C28-9AF2-11A2A3399520.jpeg
    02BAD09F-866D-4C28-9AF2-11A2A3399520.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 04968202-3FF8-4E3A-8AA6-2DC5025F76C5.jpeg
    04968202-3FF8-4E3A-8AA6-2DC5025F76C5.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 73