Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An interesting question.
Previously, there has been a mad rush to get everything they possibly can delivered by the end of the quarter - it makes the quarterly figures so much prettier. I don't see that changing, there will still be a push to achieve quarterly targets however they may oversupply especially if no further cars are going to be arriving until June. Other manufacturers move the oversupply on to leasing companies but so far we haven't seen Tesla do that.
If at the end of this month/early March there are some leasing bargains to be had .....

Thanks, Mr Miserable. A better Q2, I guess..

So from what I've been reading (apologies if this is labouring the point), there are no M3P variants included in the February delivery round and there will be no deliveries at all following the end of March until June....so that means if you have a MP3 on order (which I do) it's going to be a bit nerve wracking to see if there will be a 3 month additional wait!

Of course, this is purely based on what I have read on here, and some sources are clearly more reliable than others.

So from what I've been reading (apologies if this is labouring the point), there are no M3P variants included in the February delivery round and there will be no deliveries at all following the end of March until June....so that means if you have a MP3 on order (which I do) it's going to be a bit nerve wracking to see if there will be a 3 month additional wait!

Of course, this is purely based on what I have read on here, and some sources are clearly more reliable than others.

I have an VIN matched for a M3P and my leasing company have said the estimated due date to the dealer; Leeds in my case, is the 8/3. She copied me in to her email reply from the Enterprise team at Tesla and the email from them says its on the 2nd ship due towards the end of February.

Reactions: Joelly
I have an VIN matched for a M3P and my leasing company have said the estimated due date to the dealer; Leeds in my case, is the 8/3. She copied me in to her email reply from the Enterprise team at Tesla and the email from them says its on the 2nd ship due towards the end of February.

Similar for me, I can log into my Lex account and the date expected on my vehicle (SR+ Blue) is 10th March and has been that since the order was placed on the 13th December.

The lease company don’t seem to want to do anything until that date is reached because they believe that’s when it will be in the Birmingham SC waiting to be collected.

I haven’t been VIN matched yet either so only time will tell...

Well, I have gone through our company car provider (Tusker) and I have had to loads of digging to get my RN number. To date no VIN available and Tesla say that Tusker don't match VIN numbers to RN numbers for Tusker orders, instead they have a block of cars which are assigned as Tusker vehicles and it's for Tusker to then match these to customers accordingly. I think this is somewhat true as this is what happened when I was originally matched in December out of the blue after my order was placed only 10 days prior (although this could have been die to someone else rejecting a car?). Shame that I couldn't take the car then!

In any case, I'm now hoping there will be a matching car on the GLOVIS CHALLENGE, as my current car is being returned on 13th Feb. I will be sure to keep you guys posted when I get more news and hopefully this will provide intel for what cars may be on a corresponding ship, and to help others with a similar order profile track the incoming vehicles!

Who is going to live stream the unloading at Southampton from COSMOS then. Have to mention that the only formal Tesla Spy applicant was Mr Miserable, congratulations you are HIRED as Executive Shipping Spy, TMC Community.

Well, huzzah and hurrah! God Save the King, Rule Britannia, and Boo Sucks to the Hairy Hun!

(Apologies to Lt George)

Well, I have gone through our company car provider (Tusker) and I have had to loads of digging to get my RN number. To date no VIN available and Tesla say that Tusker don't match VIN numbers to RN numbers for Tusker orders, instead they have a block of cars which are assigned as Tusker vehicles and it's for Tusker to then match these to customers accordingly.

My order is through Tusker and I can relate to the digging getting the VIN! Tesla did however give me my VIN number but said it could change.