Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just been advised that my Model 3 LR AWD in White with black interior that I ordered on 12th Nov is definitely on Glovis Challenge. I've been told I should be taking delivery between 21st Feb and 4th March.

If anyone has ordered a similar spec at a similar time, it might be on the same vessel.

Do I hope for 1st March '20 plate or do I not care because I've wanted one since they were announced in 2017.

But what's another week after all this time?

But I want the car!

**404 rational thinking not found.

Is you configuration with tow hitch or without ?

It looks like the MORNING CATHERINE will be making a return visit to Pier 80 after the ASIAN KING has left around 20 Feb.
It was the 1st ship this year to load at Pier 80 and it went to S Korea via a stop in China.
It's currently enroute from Korea to Seattle (Tacoma).
I suspect that it will return to S Korea.

I would be willing to bet that there are several vehicles on all of the ships that won't trigger VIN allocations during their respective crossings, but will be matched to orders at random points when ships have docked/unloaded/cars delivered to centres across the UK.

Tesla simply are not organised enough to have a 100% coverage across all outstanding orders whilst ships have not even got to Zebrugge, let alone the UK.

Anyone who ordered a while ago i.e. Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec 2019 - don't give up hope for a random text in the next week or so.

Feel better now ? You are welcome :)

I would be willing to bet that there are several vehicles on all of the ships that won't trigger VIN allocations during their respective crossings, but will be matched to orders at random points when ships have docked/unloaded/cars delivered to centres across the UK.

Tesla simply are not organised enough to have a 100% coverage across all outstanding orders whilst ships have not even got to Zebrugge, let alone the UK.

Anyone who ordered a while ago i.e. Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec 2019 - don't give up hope for a random text in the next week or so.

I recognise and have been subject to many of the faults Tesla have with customer relations however they handled 28 shiploads of cars last year and delivered them against all odds within rigid timelines. It wasn't pretty at times but nevertheless an amazing achievement from such a small outfit. The VIN allocation is the easy bit and it is done in a timely fashion. They may change one or two but for the vast majority, once you have seen your VIN it will remain the same.

particularly for leased vehicles, they will most likely be group-allocating based on volume of orders and the deals lease companies have with Tesla, so the lease providers may well have batches of VINs from ships already. However they won't tell the drivers until they themselves have done vehicle > driver allocation, then they miss the step of updating driver with VIN and driver doesn't hear until collection week.

M3SR+ white/black with tow bar, ordered 31st October.

This is actually a great point, at least I would like to think so as it does give me some hope! It does make sense for Tesla to tell people a longer wait time and them delight them by bringing it forward, rather than giving false hope followed by a longer wait!

Not long to go now!

It’ll be docking in Zeebrugge just north of Bruges on the right of the map!

I’ve got an SR+ black/white on there I hope!

Attachments

• 08788ED9-DCD7-4AE4-9BEE-561A700A7658.jpeg
    08788ED9-DCD7-4AE4-9BEE-561A700A7658.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 162