Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let’s hope the cars are ok, do they chain them in or are they just sat with parking brake on?

Each wheel is lashed and the cars are parked as close together as possible. It means not only can they fit more cars on but if a car does come loose it will be held roughly in place by those cars surrounding it. OK those cars will be damaged too but nothing in comparison to the damage a unrestrained car would do.
Those with aero covers are shipped with them off.

Zeebrugge

Attachments

• 60D784C5-08B8-496C-9B21-5F7F450B9588.jpeg
    60D784C5-08B8-496C-9B21-5F7F450B9588.jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 67
Each wheel is lashed and the cars are parked as close together as possible. It means not only can they fit more cars on but if a car does come loose it will be held roughly in place by those cars surrounding it. OK those cars will be damaged too but nothing in comparison to the damage a unrestrained car would do.
Those with aero covers are shipped with them off.
Thank you. Will it be delayed due to the current weather situation? When would you expect it to leave dock to arrive at Southampton by Tuesday morning?

I think I spot some 19" sport wheels on one of those cars... and a blue one no less....

Surely you don't want your car to have been offloaded in Zeebrugge?

Thank you. Will it be delayed due to the current weather situation? When would you expect it to leave dock to arrive at Southampton by Tuesday morning?

The problems associated with this weather are usually because it's too dangerous to transfer a pilot.
That is compounded by the problems of Zeebrugge - the locks and the narrow channel both of which will be a challenge for a slab sided ship in these winds.

At the end of the day, commercial pressure will probably sway the decisions..

Reactions: OfficialMark_H
I reckon even the least patient of our fellow TMC’ers waiting for their cars would rather wait an extra 1-2 days than have their car bashed up or spec changed to “premium salty interior”, but they do seem to sail in all sorts up to a limit so maybe it just crosses and we all never find out about the rough crossing impact on the vehicles.

Reactions: OfficialMark_H
Having read that accident report you posted Mr M, hopefully they have the UK cars lower in the loading decks and didn’t empty all the EU cars leaving RHD up top ..... seemed like a real schoolboy error. As you say, these are big slabs being asked to float and stay afloat !

The weather warnings for wind will be lifted at midnight, maybe Cosmos will sail in the early hours.

I think it's poor planning to go past Southampton to Zeebrugge then back to Southampton and then pass Zeebrugge to Bremerhaven. Why not just go Southampton - Zeebrugge - Bremerhaven?

Reactions: ringi