Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The San Francisco Chronicle is not the most reliable source of destination info but even it doesn't yet know the destination of the MORNING CARA.
The San Francisco port schedule has also been updated (to 7 Feb) but nothing new of note, in fact, actually out of date with no mention of the GLOVIS CAPTAIN.

However I have it on good authority that the MORNING CARA will leave in the early hours of tomorrow morning (local time). Around midday UK time.

Meanwhile the GLOVIS COSMOS is apparently making over 20kts towards Southampton. That is 'ludicrous' mode for this ship.

Now due to dock at 9:30am today.

upload_2020-2-13_8-59-16.png

I'm not convinced! Seems to still be drifting east, and the channel forecast I can find doesn't show wind dropping until this afternoon.

Just got my registration plate through! Meanwhile, Comos is treading water until 20:20 for arrival today it seems.

She is now showing arrival at berth 104 in the pm....Currently at Nab Anchorage. The 2020 I think is the year
She is planned to move form berth 104 to berth 35 later today but I suspect due to delays that migth not happen today.
The she is planned to leave berth 35 for Bremerhaven today but again that is surely delayed.

13-Feb-2020 PM Nab Nab Anchorage (Steaming) 104

That is indeed good news.
So the MORNING CARA is heading for Zeebrugge! ETA around 5 Mar.

Technically, because the Cosmos hasn't docked yet, we can say that there are no less than 5 shipments of Model 3s on their way to the UK at present. That's unlikely to be repeated!

Reactions: ringi and Joelly
I have it confirmed that the GLOVIS CAPTAIN is EU bound.

It is due to dock at Pier 80 on 18 Feb

does this potentially mean 6 ships?! I’ve been lurking a while and just signed up (Hi guys!) Having ordered last week from my leasing company, I’m hoping the my white performance could be here before the “June” estimate I was told! Especially with the online order still saying “est. March”

does this potentially mean 6 ships?! I’ve been lurking a while and just signed up (Hi guys!) Having ordered last week from my leasing company, I’m hoping the my white performance could be here before the “June” estimate I was told! Especially with the online order still saying “est. March”

I was of the opinion that we would see 7 ships this quarter. We may squeeze 8 in. Quite an achievement if that happens.

Rumour is that unless it's delivered in March, that will be it until June.

I was going to call Tesla again today to see if there's any sign of a VIN but I'm not sure there's any point. No other boats have been through the canal since I last asked. I was starting to panic a little thinking that Brooklands was the second last ship of Q1 to the EU/UK but if there's still a couple yet it might tie in with the mid March delivery I keep being told. I'll believe it when I'm sat in it at the Leeds branch and the papers are signed...