Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The draught is the part of the ship that is underwater - the COSMOS will be lighter when it leaves Southampton and therefore has a lower draught

A draft is what you get if you leave a window open ;)
Yes Draught is the British spelling.
I did most of my sailing in the Caribbean - hence the US spelling!

The figures are for @LongRanger to put in his spreadsheet so we can get an approximate number of vehicles that will have been unloaded.

I’m new to all this tracking business, but just noted the pilot vessel has pulled alongside COSMOS, does this mean its on its way into port?
I’m also new, but it’s the closest it’s been all day and heading in the right direction at 11 knots. Good spot on the pilot too, definitely looks promising doesn’t it? I’m still holding onto a slight hope they can get mine unloaded, transported and ready to collect on Tuesday...

This thread is fascinating by the way. Never thought I’d be so interested in shipping movements and draughts/drafts!

Reactions: Rustybkts
Hope the trucks are ready. One site reports them coming alongside around midnight. They will want to get away quickly as the winds are building again after Friday. Always makes me wonder how many drivers are found to decant all these cars as it won't be a five minute walk for each driver to get back in to bring another out.

Hope the trucks are ready. One site reports them coming alongside around midnight. They will want to get away quickly as the winds are building again after Friday. Always makes me wonder how many drivers are found to decant all these cars as it won't be a five minute walk for each driver to get back in to bring another out.
They use minibuses to get the drivers about

The COSMOS has reported to Southampton an arrival draft of 9.3m and departure from 104 as being 8.8m.

OK so with the crudest weight calculator ever invented, that could mean for COSMOS

Approx 800 LHD unloaded in ZEE
Approx 1350-1500 RHD unloaded in SOU
1000 left for Dubai ??

Does that sound anywhere near sensible - 3000-3500 vehicles on one boat ? I have no idea what is a load units range for this class of ship.

When the 2020 Q1 registration figures get released later this year for Model 3 in UK it will help to see if I have made up a bunch of crap :)

I’ve got eyes on her ;). The little one wouldn’t go down so took him for a “drive”. He’s fast asleep and I’m in Hythe Marina watching Netflix with the ship in the distance :D.
I’m the other side of the New Forest and thought of doing similar lol.

Was actually going to spend the avo hunting the docks and getting sneak pics but timings were against me

Reactions: *Adam
I’m the other side of the New Forest and thought of doing similar lol.

Was actually going to spend the avo hunting the docks and getting sneak pics but timings were against me

I’m on paternity leave so have the “free” time to ship spot haha.

So who’s M3 is on this ship? Excuse the inept photography skills.

60BAC2E6-1BE3-4EC9-A2E6-0F55AD036E09.jpeg 19E1FBAD-805F-4929-BD15-B87446121D6D.jpeg