Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will check out Sheikh Zayed Highway tomorrow on our way too the Dubai Creek golf course, saw a large vehicle carrier leaving the creek about 6 hours ago could have been Cosmos lol. ! Sadly all M3s here would be left hookers and would be expensive to get to the UK.

I will check out Sheikh Zayed Highway tomorrow on our way too the Dubai Creek golf course, saw a large vehicle carrier leaving the creek about 6 hours ago could have been Cosmos lol. ! Sadly all M3s here would be left hookers and would be expensive to get to the UK.
I'm surprised you are up and about. Saturdays for me were generally a time of recovery following the excess's of the Friday brunch.

Thank you for 50% discount Elon .

Following information gleaned from this excellent Teslamotorsclub forum, I today telephoned Tesla Bristol, I quoted my RN number and it was confirmed my Red Hi-Spec Tesla X is on a ship somewhere in the Atlantic, unfortunately, I could not find out the ship's name. This is the first indication I have received that my order has been completed and is en-route, whilst useful, unfortunately, this information does not help me establish if my collection date will be March or April.
Since placing my order on November 9th, 2019 and committing to a £110k spend, I have been appalled at the lack of communication received from Tesla, which includes zero response to at least 6 emails, dispatched to various different Tesla email addresses.
As it happens I am a very patient man and have never sought a specific time or delivery date, just an indication of the expected month, however, at least I now know the car is on its way.
But it is not all bad news! During my investigative research into whether I should go Hi-Bred or take the leap straight to a 100% EV it became obvious there was only one brand to commit to. I also firmly believed that Tesla had a strong positive future.
So for the first time in my life, at the end of January, I bought 500 Tesla shares, seven days later I sold them !!!
I will leave you to do the maths....

P.S. Thankyou Captain Miserable for your amazing dedication and professional input to this forum, if my snippet of delivery information enables you to establish which ship RED X is on and when/where she will dock, I am happy for you to enlighten me even more.

RFC7

Been reading this thread with interest. Thanks Mr. Miserable for all the quality posts. Ordered my X performance fully loaded on 27 January and spending just shy of £120k (cash purchase). Delivery was estimated as March but after calling Tesla was told it was more likely April/May. Does anyone have any insight when the X's will be shipped across the pond?

Thank you for 50% discount Elon .

Following information gleaned from this excellent Teslamotorsclub forum, I today telephoned Tesla Bristol, I quoted my RN number and it was confirmed my Red Hi-Spec Tesla X is on a ship somewhere in the Atlantic, unfortunately, I could not find out the ship's name. This is the first indication I have received that my order has been completed and is en-route, whilst useful, unfortunately, this information does not help me establish if my collection date will be March or April.
Since placing my order on November 9th, 2019 and committing to a £110k spend, I have been appalled at the lack of communication received from Tesla, which includes zero response to at least 6 emails, dispatched to various different Tesla email addresses.
As it happens I am a very patient man and have never sought a specific time or delivery date, just an indication of the expected month, however, at least I now know the car is on its way.
But it is not all bad news! During my investigative research into whether I should go Hi-Bred or take the leap straight to a 100% EV it became obvious there was only one brand to commit to. I also firmly believed that Tesla had a strong positive future.
So for the first time in my life, at the end of January, I bought 500 Tesla shares, seven days later I sold them !!!
I will leave you to do the maths....

P.S. Thankyou Captain Miserable for your amazing dedication and professional input to this forum, if my snippet of delivery information enables you to establish which ship RED X is on and when/where she will dock, I am happy for you to enlighten me even more.

RFC7

Thanks for the compliment!
However your Red X could be on the MAERSK IDAHO which arrives in Rotterdam on 24 Feb or on the MAERSK IOWA which arrives on 17 Feb.
I would expect delivery in March

Last edited:
Been reading this thread with interest. Thanks Mr. Miserable for all the quality posts. Ordered my X performance fully loaded on 27 January and spending just shy of £120k (cash purchase). Delivery was estimated as March but after calling Tesla was told it was more likely April/May. Does anyone have any insight when the X's will be shipped across the pond?

You haven't paid yet!

Model X are shipped in containers.
2 weeks by train to Houston
Then loaded on to a container ship to Rotterdam (2 weeks)
Then taken to Tilburg in Holland, unloaded from container and reassembled. (10 days)
Then to UK.

Call Tesla every couple of weeks is my suggestion.
Keep an eye on this spreadsheet

Eh... Both the VesselFinder and MarineTraffic show that the Challenge stuck in the same position for an hour and it is not in the port. Something wrong?

The good news is that the GLOVIS CHALLENGE has not anchored.
I suspect that just because it sped up to try and beat the weather and arrived at Zeebrugge early the port authority and the man with the clipboard are sticking to their schedule.
Hurry up and wait....as they used to say to me in the Army.

Reactions: Good Evans
A good indication of how rough it is in the Channel at the moment is the number of vessels sheltering in the lee of the Cherbourg peninsula.
It looks like frog spawn!

Screenshot 2020-02-15 at 19.38.39.png

Reactions: Roy W.
You haven't paid yet!

Model X are shipped in containers.
2 weeks by train to Houston
Then loaded on to a container ship to Rotterdam (2 weeks)
Then taken to Tilburg in Holland, unloaded from container and reassembled. (10 days)
Then to UK.

Call Tesla every couple of weeks is my suggestion.
Keep an eye on this spreadsheet

Thanks Mr Miserable for the advice, I'll contact Tesla next week.. Do you think there is any chance they will start shipping from Pier 80 SFO to Rotterdam or another UK port?

For Tesla it always seems to be about the end of quarter rush, so I imagine there will be a big effort up until 31 March, then very little happening in April. The UK market is quite small, relatively speaking.
A good indication of how rough it is in the Channel at the moment is the number of vessels sheltering in the lee of the Cherbourg peninsula.
It looks like frog spawn!

View attachment 511493

Thank you for all tour support through the forum.

does this mean it will Dock tomorrow?

How long until the cats get to the UK?

• Funny
Reactions: Vadervonham
Thank you for all tour support through the forum.

does this mean it will Dock tomorrow?

How long until the cats get to the UK?

I'm not sure when it will dock but the fact that the ship hasn't dropped anchor probably means it will only be a short delay.
The AUTOPROGRESS is due to arrive in Southampton on the 18th but whether it will be able to achieve that because of the weather is debatable.