Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m guessing there’s no formula for figuring out when a car may arrive.

My dad and I both ordered a M3 end of Jan. Mine long range, no options. His Blue Performance white seats.

Has anyone else had a VIN number after ordering a car around the same time?

As we all know there’s prep to be done as this is my first EV. Wondering of the chances for a March delivery?
I’ve ordered on 11 Feb and got vin on Friday 14th....
but I’ve ordered a SR+ no options (they temporarily removed the white seat option for SR+ )

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-17_4-59-3.jpeg
    upload_2020-2-17_4-59-3.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 69
  • upload_2020-2-17_4-59-3.png
    upload_2020-2-17_4-59-3.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 60
So does anyone know what is happening with The Challenge?? is it still because of the high winds/swell? by the looks of its the weather seems to be easing over later this eve. does it then have to wait for another booking? surely it's costing a fortune having it do laps, although I suppose it has no choice. `

*For those who got there hidden VIN yesterday *

Just spoke to Tesla they’ve pretty much confirmed that mine is on the asian king which apparently is going to be heading directly to Southampton... looks like it must have left the port last night.

Told to expect later March Delivery.

So does anyone know what is happening with The Challenge?? is it still because of the high winds/swell? by the looks of its the weather seems to be easing over later this eve. does it then have to wait for another booking? surely it's costing a fortune having it do laps, although I suppose it has no choice. `
I have just found this information. It would seem that the Challange is now heading in the right direction but will miss it’s U.K. connection. Although, I suspect as all shipping has been equally delayed the Autoprogress might still be viable.

The current position of GLOVIS CHALLENGE is in North Sea with coordinates 51.48309° / 2.69185° as reported on 2020-02-17 10:09 by AIS. The vessel's current speed is 3.2 Knots and is heading at the port of ZEEBRUGGE in Belgium. The estimated time of arrival as calculated by MyShipTracking is 2020-02-17 18:33

Reactions: Martin J
GLOVIS CHALLENGE remains off Zeebrugge with no indications of what the delay is or when it can be expected to dock.
In contrast GRAND MARK continues on track to beat her existing record by arriving at Zeebrugge at 22:00 on Fri 21.
BROOKLANDS is running 2 days later than originally thought, probably because of her Canal booking. The earliest we can expect her is now 2 Mar. Not sure whether she will stop in Southampton (she is booked to visit on 6 Mar but that may not be Tesla associated)
MORNING CARA due to transit the Panama Canal on 22 Feb and arrive Zeebrugge 5 Mar
Latest news is of course that ASIAN KING is coming our way. She should arrive around 8 Mar. Nothing to confirm whether that will be at Southampton or Zeebrugge.
So we have for the 2nd time in a week the bizarre situation of having no less than 5 ships en route.
GLOVIS CAPTAIN is still scheduled to arrive at Pier 80 tomorrow evening and she is coming to EU too (Prob 13 Mar)

I'm struggling to identify the next likely ship and I'm now doubting the chances that GRAND DAHLIA will be it.
With 7 shipments to the EU this quarter that may be it....

• Informative
Reactions: Medved_77
I haven't mentioned MORNING CATHERINE because the gut feeling is that will head off to S Korea.
However, if a ships previous port to Pier 80 is a clue, then there is an indication that she could be EU bound too.
She is inbound from Tacoma (Seattle) and last year we had 2 ships that came direct from there and both of them came our way, the GLOVIS STAR and the GRAND PIONEER. A bit of a long shot, perhaps.
Anyway, all hope is not (yet) lost.

Reactions: planehazza
For those waiting for S/X the ships of interest are:

MAERSK IOWA was due into Rotterdam today but is currently sheltering from the weather in the lee of the Cherbourg Peninsula.
MAERSK IDAHO currently on time to arrive in Rotterdam on 24 Feb
MAERSK OHIO left Houston earlier today and is scheduled into Rotterdam on 2 Mar
SAFMARINE MAFARDI due to depart Houston on 23 Feb and arrive Rotterdam 9 Mar
MAERSK MONTANA due to depart Houston on 2 Mar and arrive Rotterdam on 16 Mar

GLOVIS CHALLENGE remains off Zeebrugge with no indications of what the delay is or when it can be expected to dock.
In contrast GRAND MARK continues on track to beat her existing record by arriving at Zeebrugge at 22:00 on Fri 21.
BROOKLANDS is running 2 days later than originally thought, probably because of her Canal booking. The earliest we can expect her is now 2 Mar. Not sure whether she will stop in Southampton (she is booked to visit on 6 Mar but that may not be Tesla associated)
MORNING CARA due to transit the Panama Canal on 22 Feb and arrive Zeebrugge 5 Mar
Latest news is of course that ASIAN KING is coming our way. She should arrive around 8 Mar. Nothing to confirm whether that will be at Southampton or Zeebrugge.
So we have for the 2nd time in a week the bizarre situation of having no less than 5 ships en route.
GLOVIS CAPTAIN is still scheduled to arrive at Pier 80 tomorrow evening and she is coming to EU too (Prob 13 Mar)

I'm struggling to identify the next likely ship and I'm now doubting the chances that GRAND DAHLIA will be it.
With 7 shipments to the EU this quarter that may be it....
Re: Glovis Challenge, according to MyShipTracking it is now underway at 3.2 knots and is due to dock at 18:33 tonight. Do you think given the delay to all shipping in and out of Zeebrugge that the Autoprogress might still be a viable option for the last leg?

Ignore the ETA given by that app - it is a calculated ETA based on the current rate of closure.
Whilst the initial delay could have been for weather it certainly isn't now.
We had a similar situation last year where all the ships in transit diverted in to the nearest port and waited for a day or two before continuing en route.
It is perhaps a coincidence that the delay to the BROOKLANDS and the GLOVIS CHALLENGE happened at about the same time.....
It looks more and more like an 'administrative' delay.