Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
Thank you for all the info, apologies if my questions have already been covered

I’m collecting in Birmingham and think there is a car for me on The Grand Mark. Hidden VIN appeared 10th Feb.
  1. Where does your vehicle need to be on it’s journey before your likely to receive a text from Tesla?
  2. How much time does a car roughly have left on its journey when arriving at Zee?
If the Grand Mark arrives on time, I’ll take a guess delivery will schedule 2 weeks later?

thanks

Hello,
Thank you for all the info, apologies if my questions have already been covered

I’m collecting in Birmingham and think there is a car for me on The Grand Mark. Hidden VIN appeared 10th Feb.
  1. Where does your vehicle need to be on it’s journey before your likely to receive a text from Tesla?
  2. How much time does a car roughly have left on its journey when arriving at Zee?
If the Grand Mark arrives on time, I’ll take a guess delivery will schedule 2 weeks later?

thanks

More likely BROOKLANDS than GRAND MARK in my opinion.
BROOKLANDS may do a drop off at Southampton

10th Feb would indicate Brooklands same as my vehicle, my allocation appeared same time frame and this morning had Brooklands confirmed to me. They even confirmed the spec of that allocation is what I ordered, so maybe there is a system after all...

I understand that Tesla has such a tight grip on costs that every outgoing payment has to cross his desk for approval before it gets paid.
Quick check of when my company last used a large ship (Industrial Song) to ship something big (500Te) out of Portsmouth the demurrage costs were £18k/day and that ship was half the size of Glovis Challenge. So not a trivial cost to keep it hanging around.

(I appreciate I have sort of answered my own question!).

10th Feb would indicate Brooklands same as my vehicle, my allocation appeared same time frame and this morning had Brooklands confirmed to me. They even confirmed the spec of that allocation is what I ordered, so maybe there is a system after all...
More likely BROOKLANDS than GRAND MARK in my opinion.
BROOKLANDS may do a drop off at Southampton
Thank you both, I will follow BROOKLANDS