Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Glovis Captain seems to be imitating its colleague and has started doing slow circuits offshore of San Francisco.. is this ship still the next one due at Port 80 and coming to the EU?

San Francisco port authority seems to indicate that Morning Catherine is next one due, but that one is now moored up in Seattle.. so looks like plans have changed.

With no VIN I'm all eyes on the next ship(s?) EU bound....

So Glovis Captain seems to be imitating its colleague and has started doing slow circuits offshore of San Francisco.. is this ship still the next one due at Port 80 and coming to the EU?

San Francisco port authority seems to indicate that Morning Catherine is next one due, but that one is now moored up in Seattle.. so looks like plans have changed.

Not sure what that ship is doing, Mr M? Reporting SanFran as its destination, so assume it's just treading water like the Challenge was.

Edit: ignore my post. What I replied was exactly what you said, bit sure how I misread it. Not enough coffee yet..

Attachments

• Glovis Captain.png
    Glovis Captain.png
    281.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

GLOVIS CAPTAIN is not due to dock at Pier 80 until 1900 local time tonight.
So no worries on that one.

Reactions: JupiterMan
I called Tesla today to be told that my car is on the Grand Mark. I got my vin issued on the 29th of Jan - Feels like there is something wonky with the dates here as the Grand Mark didn't leave SF until the 02.02??
Who knows how VIN allocation is done? I suspect it is done in the US and your car will have been on the dock on that date, technically exported and so en route.

Reactions: Ukmgranger
Meanwhile, BROOKLANDS is making its way along the Panama Canal. It has had smooth transit so far and by 2 this afternoon I expect we shall find out whether its going direct to Zeebrugge or via Southampton......

UPDATE

BROOKLANDS is scheduled into Zeebrugge on 1 Mar. That rules out a Southampton stop.
Actually, Zeebrugge by 1 Mar is quite ambitious. We'll see....

Last edited:
Looking at the Southampton Docks arrivals list for the next few days; these look like possibles.
Penny for your thoughts Mr. M?
Neptune Galene (vehicle carrier) arriving from Zee 21-2-20
Orion Highway (Ro/Ro) arriving from Zee 21-2-20
AutoStar (Ro/Ro) arriving from Zee 22-2-20

Vehicles from GLOVIS CHALLENGE aren't likely to be on OLYMPIAN HIGHWAY? That would be a lightning fast turnaround in Zee. My money's on ORION HIGHWAY. But I'm just an IT guy, I've learned more about shipping in the last month than I ever have.

Thanks to Mr. M for all contributions.