Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As expected, the GLOVIS CHALLENGE is confirmed to arrive at Southampton on Mon 24 Feb, however I strongly believe this is not associated with any Tesla business. This is supported by where the ship is due to park in Southampton - well away from the Tesla park.
I do wonder, whether it was not originally scheduled, whether they will try and make an exception here, rather than charter another ship to take a small set of cars from Zeeb to Southampton after it looks like the northern ones are on the way to Grimsby.

Meanwhile, at Zeebrugge, the AUTOPREMIER has departed to Grimsby.
I wouldn't be surprised if this had Model 3s from the GLOVIS CHALLENGE onboard, destined for the northern folk.

I spoken to the Big T today and they said that the Grimsby drop off is normally for lease cars.

so mine is paid for so they said it will go to Southampton? And originally on the challenge. So I’d love to truly know how it’s getting here

Last edited:
I spoken to the Big T today and they said that the Grimsby drop off is normally for lease cars.

so mine is paid for so they said it will go to Southampton? And originally on the challenge. So I’d love to truly know how it’s getting here
I think the key word there is ‘normally’. Is missing a connecting ship due to the storm sufficiently abnormal to warrant an exception?

Reactions: Ben M3LR

I certainly hope it's just for Lease as I have a cash payment on M3 and no text message. Will it not be left on the Challenge seems silly to travel to Southampton and not drop Challenge M3s off.

Reactions: Ben M3LR
I think the key word there is ‘normally’. Is missing a connecting ship due to the storm sufficiently abnormal to warrant an exception?

Of course, I prefer Grimsby it’s closer to my delivery destination.
I don’t mind how my car gets here haha just hopefully in one piece.

I was just letting the rest of the forum know that Grimsby is a destination for lease vehicles.

but if I get an exception, I’m happy with that :)

Reactions: Mark-R
I have no interest in this thread (have never had to care when cars will actually arrive) but ... I'm addicted!!

I’m like that,

I’ve had lots of brand new cars and not been bothered about delivery dates once.

but this forum is ace, constant refreshes hahaha

if I’m honest, it’s been the worst buying experience ever, through Tesla........but weirdly I like how they treat us.

It’s a bit like your Mrs not giving out, it makes you want it more

No clarity unfortunately, but it is a strong rumour that eminates from a couple of leasing companies who obviously have been briefed by someone from Tesla. Basically after the last ship this quarter, which will probably leave in a weeks time, that will be it until May. Which means no deliveries until June!
How true is it? Who knows...

I received an email from Tesla, Leeds last week that said "we have been informed that the next boats are likely to be coming in May rather than April" - adds a bit more to this rumour

Well, at the risk of you "being gone for some time" I offer you the Lock Picking Lawyer as an addictive time waster. Videos generally shorter than 3 minutes ...

Today's offering :

Excellent, what a great video.

Thank you for sharing that with us.
I learned that companies are giving £10 back for 5 star reviews.

I own a few e-commerce websites and also have lots of amazon accounts.

I may actually pinch that idea, Well at least look into it further haha

worth my 1:45 haha

keep them coming, we need to pass the time until @Mr Miserable guy in Grimsby wakes up

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I received an email from Tesla, Leeds last week that said "we have been informed that the next boats are likely to be coming in May rather than April" - adds a bit more to this rumour

There were never likely to be boats arriving in April - I wonder whether this misunderstanding is the source of the no deliveries until June rumour....

No boats leaving Pier 80 in April?
Boats leaving Pier 80 in May = 1st Deliveries June....

Reactions: UK_Andy
Well, at the risk of you "being gone for some time" I offer you the Lock Picking Lawyer as an addictive time waster. Videos generally shorter than 3 minutes ...

Today's offering :

I love the Lock Picking Lawyer. I've learned more about locks from him than I ever had a right to. But now can advise people, in the minutest detail, why they shouldn't by a particular lock :D

S/X Buyers

MAERSK IOWA shortly to depart Antwerp to Rotterdam ETA 10:00 Thu 20 Feb.
This delay was due to recent stormy weather in the English Channel.

MAERSK IDAHO currently on time to arrive in Rotterdam on 24 Feb
MAERSK OHIO departed Houston 17 Feb and is scheduled into Rotterdam on 2 Mar
SAFMARINE MAFARDI due to depart Houston on 23 Feb and arrive Rotterdam 9 Mar
MAERSK MONTANA due to depart Houston on 2 Mar and arrive Rotterdam on 16 Mar

Last edited:
Model 3 Buyers

GLOVIS CHALLENGE was delayed several days but arrived Zeebrugge on 18 Feb. Still determining how vehicles will be forwarded to UK.
GRAND MARK looks likely to arrive Zeebrugge late on 22 Feb. This is a day later than originally hoped for.
BROOKLANDS left the Panama Canal earlier today and is showing an ETA of 01:00 on 1 Mar. This is ambitious and it may slip 24 hours. The ship was delayed for 2 days prior to the Panama Canal.
MORNING CARA en route to the Canal ETA 21 Feb. ETA EU ~ 5 Mar
ASIAN KING en route to the Canal ETA 24 Feb. ETA EU ~ 8 Mar
GLOVIS CAPTAIN docks at Pier 80 later tonight ETA EU ~ 13 Mar

MORNING CATHERINE Past form would tend to suggest it will go to the Far East but it could come to EU - no ETA yet but poss ~17 Mar.
I estimated back in early January that we would only get 7 ships this quarter. This is less than the 8 achieved last quarter but compensated to a degree by BROOKLANDS being so much larger than normal. If the rumours of a delay to shipping next quarter are true there may be a push to try and get another shipment done. The MORNING CATHERINE would be the 8th - an amazing achievement if it happens.

There is a suggestion that one ship, MORNING CARA or ASIAN KING, will route direct to Southampton. We won't know that for sure until they leave the Panama Canal.