Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting......
Spoke to Tesla deliveries today and asked for an update on the Challenge situation.
I have been told emphatically that my M3LR will definitely arrive in the U.K. tomorrow (21-2-20) and deliveries will start a week later.
Also told that as that date will be Thur 27/Fri 28 expect pick up to be the following week Mon. March 2nd onwards.
At first I thought perhaps they’d put all the Challenge cars on the Grimsby bound ship but that is arriving this afternoon the only other UK bound carrier from Zeebrugge to Southampton
to arrive tomorrow (21st) is the Orion Highway.
Mr. M thinks that is arriving at the wrong part of Southampton docks to be carrying Teslas.
Confusing!

Given Orion Highway is also currently loading at the exact spot the Challenge was unloading at, I think it’s definitely worth keeping an eye on her arrival into Southampton in that case.

Hi and welcome, I think a lot of stress comes from impatience and miscommunication. The day before I ordered my M3
I drove to the main London showroom asked for a test drive and spent an hour with the salesman who went through the
whole order/delivery process. At that time (end of Nov.) delivery was showing February on website, he told me to forget that information, in reality I was looking at 4 months, possibly 3 as it was going to fall in Q1 2020. I was told to contact
Tesla for an update of VIN and delivery after 10 weeks. I did and got told my VIN and ship (Challenge) and to expect delivery, last week of Feb. Everything was hassle free and going like clockwork, then I discovered about ‘Hidden VINS’ and people waiting for over six months etc and I’ve been (needlessly) stressing about it all ever since.
Sounds like they managed your expectations properly and you had a good time! I reckon my disappointment/stress largely came from them giving me false expectations about delivery timings. I guess they stay aggressively optimistic in estimates to aid in closing sales...

Reactions: Gatsojon
Welcome to the forum! I'm also going through Lex however when they placed the order they gave Tesla my email address and phone number, apparently when the cars hit Southampton both myself and Lex will get an email advising on delivery date.

I would recommend making sure Tesla have your info, that way you will be in the know and won't have to wait for Lex to remember to give you a call!
How did you get, and what did you get from Lex to go to Tesla direct?

How did you get, and what did you get from Lex to go to Tesla direct?

When I placed the order with Lex, I got a Welcome to Tesla email to set up my account which even to this day has nothing regarding the order.

I then got some information in my Lex Portal account advising an ETA stock date of 10th March 2020, apparently Tesla gave this information to Lex.

When I heard people talking about RN numbers, I rang my Lex contact and asked them if they could share it with me, which they did. When I rang Tesla sales in Solihull they told me very little apart from they had my email address and would email me when the car arrives in Southampton.

However, ringing the delivery option instead of sales, I managed to find out I had been recently VIN matched and would be looking at a delivery date of Mid to late March which aligns with the stock date I got from Lex back in December.

Basically I'm expecting to hear nothing until the day I read an email going to both me and Lex advising the car is in the UK and arrange a date to collect it from Birmingham delivery centre.

Looking on Marine Traffic the Glovis Challenge is due to berth in Emden, Germany from Zeebrugge shortly today. We orders 3 cars (1 Model S & 2 Model X's) in October 19, with an estimated March 2020 delivery. 2 (The S and 1 X) of which we have been told will be delivered in March but apparently waiting for the other to be allocated. If you go online now and build the same car the estimated delivery is May. Not sure it's looking good.

So this might make sense. Cars from CHALLENGE -

ORION HIGHWAY not likely even though it's off to Southampton, it's going to the 'wrong' berth for Tesla

But GRAND MARK is due into Zee tomorrow and then onto Southampton on 25th at berth 104. Using my powers of deduction....

When I placed the order with Lex, I got a Welcome to Tesla email to set up my account which even to this day has nothing regarding the order.

I then got some information in my Lex Portal account advising an ETA stock date of 10th March 2020, apparently Tesla gave this information to Lex.

When I heard people talking about RN numbers, I rang my Lex contact and asked them if they could share it with me, which they did. When I rang Tesla sales in Solihull they told me very little apart from they had my email address and would email me when the car arrives in Southampton.

However, ringing the delivery option instead of sales, I managed to find out I had been recently VIN matched and would be looking at a delivery date of Mid to late March which aligns with the stock date I got from Lex back in December.

Basically I'm expecting to hear nothing until the day I read an email going to both me and Lex advising the car is in the UK and arrange a date to collect it from Birmingham delivery centre.
Ok thanks Ive done mine via work who use (fleet alliance) who then use Lex I believe... Bit long winded

FYI

I called Tesla earlier this week, I have a SR+Blue on order through Leaseplan.
According to Telsa i have a VIN and it's on Morning Cara.
They gave me a delivery dates between 11th-14th March, this is a Birmingham pick up.

Hi all, long time listener, first time caller.

Just had confirmation from Tesla that my order (SR+ blue/black leased through zenith 27 Jan) has been vin matched and is on the Morning Cara with estimated delivery “mid to late March”. Hopefully that’s helpful to others with similar orders (assuming allocation is not totally random!)
Wow! Happy for you, I have exactly the same spec (ordered in Nov) via Leaseplan. Fingers crossed I’ll have a car on the same boat