Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You’ll love this - was wondering if my car is on one of the cargo ships. My hidden VIN appeared this morning! I put it into the decoder and it has indeed come up as a model x performance - however, suggests it’s a P90D from 2016 that was written off in an accident in 2018!! Not that me right one then - I hope !

Got this from my leasing company, ZenAuto, obviously its subject to change due to the Grand Mark galavanting around in the English Channel... happy to have got the date(s), but a bit gutted not to be going to collect... Has anyone else had the same?

Hi,
Good news! Your ZenAuto car is just about ready to go.
Tesla have changed the way they do things and will be delivering your new car, you don’t need to go and collect it anymore!
Your delivery will be between 02/03/2020 - 08/03/2020, sorry we don’t have an exact date just yet. Before delivery can be authorised we need your initial payment, this needs to be paid before 26/02/2020 to secure the delivery window.
Your initial payment can be made over the phone by debit or credit card (just not AMEX… sorry!) or using the bank transfer details below;....

My delivery address changed from Bristol to my home address over the weekend too so your post makes sense of that now I'm with Lex. No date yet for delivery or window!

Last update here indicated that ship was taking light load and was then off to Benica.. so probably not EU bound.

With a 21 day transit to EU, then UK shipping and distribution time frames I'd be surprised if there was another ship now, seeing as Tesla would want them all delivered and paid for in Q1.

Hope I don't have a long wait!

They did sound confident that it was going to be a mid/late March delivery though.

I posed the question/prospect of a delayed delivery a few times as I've just given back my lease car today.

I was told repeatedly that I should be able to self book delivery in around 3 weeks.

If not the HOEGH OSLO, what ship will it be in?

I've just been told by Tesla this morning that my M3P is waiting to be loaded in SF.

I'm guessing that means it'll be on the HOEGH OSLO?

That's a surprise. I wasn't thinking that the HOEGH OSLO would come our way.
I'll keep a closer eye on it now.

UPDATE
It is still due in to Benicia tonight for a 24hr stop. Still trying to obtain its destination..
My contact is not senior enough to be told destinations.

Last edited:
Do you have to phone the main Tesla number to get an actual ship / location of car if you have a hidden VIN?

I spoke to my local Tesla shop this morning and was essentially only told I had been matched to a car and that I could receive a text for delivery at any time, but that "it would be in March".

'Storm' on Sunday was not a storm at all. Stiff breeze at most, compared with the previous storms for sure. This morning, light is at best moderate, yet the Mark is still idling. If it heads in this afternoon then that's a 2/2 correlation with US banking hours opening and 0/2 correlating with winds dying down. Lastly, the much larger Tulane came in last night without issues. The port is open. It's just that the Tesla ships are not heading in on weekends.
Many thanks for the update, keeping Mr. M on his toes !!

Hope I don't have a long wait!

They did sound confident that it was going to be a mid/late March delivery though.

I posed the question/prospect of a delayed delivery a few times as I've just given back my lease car today.

I was told repeatedly that I should be able to self book delivery in around 3 weeks.

If not the HOEGH OSLO, what ship will it be in?
If it’s any consolation I’ve been told the same - car at SF waiting to be allocated to a ship. Guy I spoke to said “late March” and when I asked if it could be May onwards he said no.

That being said I would not necessarily rely on the info given by anyone who isn’t actually on the boat...