Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody been told for a fact by Tesla that their car is on ASIAN KING? I don't recall seeing anybody saying that yet, everybody believes they are either on MORNING CARA, BROOKLANDS or the last chance saloon GLOVIS CAPTAIN.

Not for sure now however my estimated delivery date is the 18th March. I suppose there is a chance mine is on the Asian King. Hard to tell as it would be a long time from docking at Southampton to then be delivered but if on the Glovis Captain it would be optimistic as it isn't due into Zee until the 15th I believe.

My car is on the Asian King too and it still seems to be slowing down. It's now showing an arrival of the 10th if it continues at this speed

Position Received: 2020-03-03 17:14 UTC
17 minutes ago

Vessel's Local Time:
2020-03-03 14:14 LT (UTC -3)

Latitude / Longitude: 40.39936° / -38.76262°
Speed/Course: 11.7 kn / 55 °

Reported ETA: 2020-03-07 12:00 LT (UTC +1)
Calculated ETA: 2020-03-10 14:20 LT (UTC +1)
Calculated ETA at: 11.4 Knots
Distance Travelled: 6,272 NM
Distance to Go: 1,869 NM
Total Voyage Distance: 8,141 NM
Time to Destination: 6 days, 19 hours

Wind: 35 knots
Wind direction: W (287°)
Air Temperature: 12°C

My car is on the Asian King too and it still seems to be slowing down. It's now showing an arrival of the 10th if it continues at this speed

Reported ETA: 2020-03-07 12:00 LT (UTC +1)
Calculated ETA: 2020-03-10 14:20 LT (UTC +1)
Calculated ETA at: 11.4 Knots
Distance Travelled: 6,272 NM
Distance to Go: 1,869 NM
Total Voyage Distance: 8,141 NM
Time to Destination: 6 days, 19 hours
Wind: 35 knots
Wind direction: W (287°)
Air Temperature: 12°C

I can only guess that heavy seas in that area are taking a toll. Trouble is that the weather is travelling in the same direction as the ship and only a bit faster.

Leaving Zeebrugge at the moment is SEA CRUISER 1. She is destined for Grimsby, the pearl of the north.
To my knowledge, Tesla have never used this ship before, but Grimsby was their port of choice before the Southampton hub was established, for cars heading for delivery centres in Stockport, Leeds, Edinburgh etc.
Since Southampton, is already and, is going to be swamped with cars, I wonder whether they may have taken the opportunity to offload some of the deliveries to Grimsby.
Keep a look out for transporters tomorrow afternoon that could have emanated from Grimsby.

Evening update on Asian King. Defo slowing!!! She'll be paddling backwards soon. :-(

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 18.55.01.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 18.55.01.png
    638.8 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: Mr Miserable
Still showing as bunkering fuel on my Marine Traffic so I agree, doubtful. Surely it has to be gone by tomorrow PM to allow Morning Cara to dock.

MORNING CARA is due at 22:00 on Thursday which ties in with the Zeebrugge port forecast.
She is due to use quay 510 also.
So no rush for BROOKLANDS to leave. Nobody booked in to use that quay before MORNING CARA

• Informative
Reactions: Blueskye
Has anybody been told for a fact by Tesla that their car is on ASIAN KING? I don't recall seeing anybody saying that yet, everybody believes they are either on MORNING CARA, BROOKLANDS or the last chance saloon GLOVIS CAPTAIN.
Yep I was told my SR+ Blue/Black is on the ASIAN KING, I ordered at the end of Nov with Leaseplan

Evening update on Asian King. Defo slowing!!! She'll be paddling backwards soon. :-(

ASIAN KING certainly seems to be struggling
I actually calculate the distance to go as 1828nm however if she maintains her present speed (unlikley) that will take a week!

Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 19.12.11.png

Looking at her position, you can see that there is a patch of heavy seas there with waves currently measuring over 6m high.

Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 19.13.58.png

• Informative
Reactions: Blueskye and pacs
ASIAN KING certainly seems to be struggling
I actually calculate the distance to go as 1828nm however if she maintains her present speed (unlikley) that will take a week!

View attachment 517574

Looking at her position, you can see that there is a patch of heavy seas there with waves currently measuring over 6m high.

View attachment 517575
Let's hope she can clear that patch & get the boot down for the final leg.. Thanks for the info.