Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hidden VIN appeared on the 24 February when Safmarine Mafadi was loading at Houston. I ordered on 27 January. When did you place your order?

I ordered mine through my companies lease (Zenith) on the 22/1, got the confirmation email 4/2. Annoyingly I can't check the hidden VIN or if there is one because of the way I ordered.

I did hear, via twitter, the last ship with S and X's on was the Measrik Montana for this quarter. It's not yet departed by the looks of things so there is still hope, also keep being promised by Zenith that it will be late March.

MORNING CARA continues to make progress.
According to the latest position report she had 548nm to run and is on schedule to arrive at Zeebrugge tomorrow night.
She should come within terrestrial AIS range at about 18:00 this evening although she is showing already on Vesselfinder.
There is no change to her Southampton ETA of 8 Mar

• Love
Reactions: Pezual and Blueskye
The latest position report for ASIAN KING shows that she has 1685 nm left to run.
She is still progressing at reduced speed although the weather report shows that the wind has veered and dropped in strength slightly.
In order for her to arrive on 7 Mar she would have to increase speed to 20 kts now.
That is not going to happen, so I think we can safely assume she will arrive late and possibly on 8 Mar.
She does however need to make 15 kts for that to happen.
Looking at the synoptic chart for her position it shows an area of troughs and a possible secondary low forming - all in all not ideal weather to be bobbing up and down in the briney.
Further delay to the ASIAN KING is not out of the question....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-04 at 10.21.11.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-04 at 10.21.11.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 62
o_O
MORNING CARA continues to make progress.
According to the latest position report she had 548nm to run and is on schedule to arrive at Zeebrugge tomorrow night.
She should come within terrestrial AIS range at about 18:00 this evening although she is showing already on Vesselfinder.
There is no change to her Southampton ETA of 8 Mar
I remember not too long ago (literally 2-3 days?! But it feels longer haha) this was Brooklands...
And I was thinking the time would never come for Morning Cara, but now she’s almost here!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

P.s. Mr M... there is one thinking I never understood why do all the ships stop into Zee before coming to Southampton? They could also refuel and split deliveries (for northern ports such as Grimsby) from there directly...?
What’s the point of Zee??o_O

Seems to have gone out of range now, last seen 5 hours ago. Down to someone with the satellite tracking!

I've just been having a look at the weather for GLOVIS CAPTAIN's passage.
There's nothing of note that I can see at the moment and so late 15 Mar seems achievable at the moment.
I'm hopeful somene will take on a 7 day trial with marinetraffic so we can track her progress.;)

o_O
I remember not too long ago (literally 2-3 days?! But it feels longer haha) this was Brooklands...
And I was thinking the time would never come for Morning Cara, but now she’s almost here!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

P.s. Mr M... there is one thinking I never understood why do all the ships stop into Zee before coming to Southampton? They could also refuel and split deliveries (for northern ports such as Grimsby) from there directly...?
What’s the point of Zee??o_O

The residents of Norway must ask the same question as there are more Model 3s sold there than anywhere else in Europe.

Morning all,

Ordered 27/01, Hidden VIN 18/02. M3P MSM/Black. Been viewing this forum for a while, time for me to contribute! I'll sign up for 7 day trial now, believe I'm on GLOVIS CAPTAIN but not had it confirmed. Thanks for all contributions on here, especially Mr M. I'll Report back shortly

What’s the typical time from Zeebrugge to delivery? Trying to arrange an insurance quote in advance so that it optimally coincides with delivery.

Assuming GLOVIS makes port on 15/03, should I assume delivery appointment texts are going to be around 10-14 days after that? (probably not any later than 31/03 if Tesla wants that sweet, sweet end of quarter money?)

What’s the typical time from Zeebrugge to delivery? Trying to arrange an insurance quote in advance so that it optimally coincides with delivery.

Assuming GLOVIS makes port on 15/03, should I assume delivery appointment texts are going to be around 10-14 days after that? (probably not any later than 31/03 if Tesla wants that sweet, sweet end of quarter money?)

It's safe to assume you will have taken delivery by 31 Mar.
It seems that Tesla have a good handle on deliveries at the moment, giving plenty of notice and using a variety of means (Home delivery & a variety of new collection points). I wouldn't fret too much.
But this is a discussion for orders & deliveries thread....:)

Reactions: Roy W. and Danb_Cym