Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing all those on Glovis Captain getting their texts I called Tesla Maidenhead to get a better understanding of the process and to try to get a date, it’s hard keeping a whole week free until the last minute. They told me it’s unusual to get texts with the ship this far out, so they think they have increased the admin on the ship to buy extra time. In case of delays it ensures they can still deliver all the cars in March. They told me everyone will likely get their text and reg next week. If the ship is on-time deliveries may commence more rapidly than normal.

That’s a relief. I was told mine is on glovis captain but seeing posts with people getting texts with cars on the same boat was worrying me. I’m buying through my company so want the write down this tax year. And I can’t wait to get the car...

Reactions: J8JOE
I suspected that the VIN allocation was being performed in the USA because it seemed to happen during US working hours, now it seems that delivery texts may also be emanating from there.
That is one big long screwdriver.....
As long as they’re providing them... better than nothing hahah!

probably they realised that the UK team alone may not be able to push it all alone with the amount of cars and customers waiting and they are doing a team effort to close Q1 big!

Morning Update on Asian King

Screenshot 2020-03-07 at 06.37.25.png