Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possible the UK cars will come by road rather than via Southampton ?
Summary

MORNING CARA has finally left Zeebrugge enroute to Southampton. She is still showing as an afternoon arrival in Southampton.

ASIAN KING is making good progress up the Channel and at her present rate will arrive off Zeebrugge around 0800 tomorrow morning. The fact that her berth is now free and that she continues to maintain a good speed gives hope that she could go straight in and not be held in the anchorage until midday. As yet there is still no confirmation of her heading to Southampton afterwards.

GLOVIS CAPTAIN is making excellent progress. She continues on track and at her current speed will easily make Zeebrugge on 15 Mar.
Again there is still no confirmation that she will subsequently head to Southampton.

As all can see ASIAN KING has arrived off Zeebrugge and is anchored in an area known as the Antwerp Anchorage, a holding area for the ports of Zeebrugge, Antwerp and smaller ports on the River Schelde. This wasn't entirely unexpected, as it was noted yesterday that a 12:00 ETA for Zeebrugge was advertised. What is a bit of a surprise was that she maintained such high speed yesterday just to arrive early and have to drop anchor. Quite frankly, dropping the hook was the biggest surprise for me - I did not expect that. If it was just a 5 hour wait, I would have expected the ship to 'motor and drift' as we saw GLOVIS CHALLENGE and GRAND MARK demonstrate, and not anchor.
We shall see....

Meanwhile off the Isle of Wight the MORNING CARA is holding too. She has been delayed until 21:30 tonight.

MORNING CARA has been allocated Spot 8 in an area called the Nab Anchorage to wait.
The delay is due to the vessel FLORIDA HIGHWAY occupying pier 104 at present. She is due to depart at 18:00 tonight.

Screenshot 2020-03-09 at 10.21.47.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy W.
I am hoping you are right @Rdt123 there is no way I can wait until June for the family car, plus I have been told March every step of the way.

@NorthMan FYI sounds like you are in the same boat as me, figuratively of course. The next ship to arrive with S/Xs is the
MAERSK MONTANA That is for this quarter not sure what else will come after for S and Xs. VedaPrime on twitter is the one I asked previously.

I just spoke to Tesla about the delivery of my MX LR which previously they had said was due to arrive in Tilburg on 4 June. Now appears that its ETA at my delivery centre will be 6 April. Looks like the original Tesla guy mis-read the dates American format/English format. Previously told my car was on the Safmarine Mafadi, currently due in Rotterdam on 13 March, but looking at the Maersk Montana's schedule it could be on that one (due in Rotterdam 19 March). Latest Tesla guy couldn't give me any ship information.

I feel a lot better now my car is arriving two months earlier than I thought last week. Just hope they haven't made a mistake again!

Reactions: CP30 and GrumGrum