Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received final invoice for car (on Asian King). Ooch!!!!

Asian King detailed at arriving at Southampton 02:00 12th Mar. Will they really make it sit out in the sea until Fri 13th Mar 20:30?

The planners are tweaking the port schedule all the time to appease the opposing forces. We don't know the reason for the delay - perhaps they haven't delivered enough from the dock to make space for ASIAN KING's cargo. At the moment it's still Friday afternoon though.

Mr M I think you had better get in touch with the boats and turn them all around as all the LR and P’s have just gone up by £3500 according to other threads on here.
Mr M I think you had better get in touch with the boats and turn them all around as all the LR and P’s have just gone up by £3500 according to other threads on here.
ignore the above looks like it should all be ok

Glovis Captain making steady progress... current position shown by green marker
BEAD256F-B970-415A-AD15-1FD2E37A5924.png

Do we think that it’s possible ASIAN KING may get an earlier slot? They’re picking up some speed, either that or they don’t know that they’ve been pushed back. I would’ve expected them to go slow and save some fuel if they’re not due in for a while and would end up anchoring?
995EFFD1-3119-41F3-AF55-5B4A2468DF85.jpeg

Reactions: Pazz
Do we think that it’s possible ASIAN KING may get an earlier slot? They’re picking up some speed, either that or they don’t know that they’ve been pushed back. I would’ve expected them to go slow and save some fuel if they’re not due in for a while and would end up anchoring?View attachment 520721

I've just checked again - still Friday PM.
Another ship, the MONZA, which has about 20 miles to run, is booked into 104 ahead of the ASIAN KING. She is not due to leave until 18:00 on Thursday.

Reactions: Harv3y
Do we think that it’s possible ASIAN KING may get an earlier slot? They’re picking up some speed, either that or they don’t know that they’ve been pushed back. I would’ve expected them to go slow and save some fuel if they’re not due in for a while and would end up anchoring?View attachment 520721

Doesnt make any sense unless they've secured an earlier slot. Surely they have been in contact with Southampton? The wind direction is helping them but still, you would just take it steady if it was a friday arrival.