Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're following ASIAN KING and thinking, why the hell is the ship swinging out to the West and heading towards West Bramble buoy, it's due to the sea depth. There was a famous grounding in 2015 of the HOEGH OSAKA on this very turn. Here's hoping no such repeat in 2020!

Hoegh-Osaka-Route.jpg

If you're following ASIAN KING and thinking, why the hell is the ship swinging out to the West and heading towards West Bramble buoy, it's due to the sea depth. There was a famous grounding in 2015 of the HOEGH OSAKA on this very turn. Here's hoping no such repeat in 2020!

You need to read my post 427 on this thread about the HOEGH OSAKA

Reactions: Pazz
One more ship to go - the GLOVIS CAPTAIN.
She has 1011 nm left to run and is making good progress at 16.7 kts.
On that basis she will arrive off Zeebrugge on Sunday evening, which is when the Zeebrugge port schedule shows her as due.
However, the ship is still showing an ETA of 04:00 on 16 Mar on her AIS.

I am hoping that tomorrow we will know for certain that the GLOVIS CAPTAIN will be coming to Southampton. I am expecting her to arrive on Thursday 19 Mar.

As far as her becoming visible on terrestrial AIS, she still has had least 600nm to go before I expect that to happen, so tomorrow night at the earliest.

Reactions: Harv3y
One more ship to go - the GLOVIS CAPTAIN.
She has 1011 nm left to run and is making good progress at 16.7 kts.
On that basis she will arrive off Zeebrugge on Sunday evening, which is when the Zeebrugge port schedule shows her as due.
However, the ship is still showing an ETA of 04:00 on 16 Mar on her AIS.

I am hoping that tomorrow we will know for certain that the GLOVIS CAPTAIN will be coming to Southampton. I am expecting her to arrive on Thursday 19 Mar.

As far as her becoming visible on terrestrial AIS, she still has had least 600nm to go before I expect that to happen, so tomorrow night at the earliest.

See attached picture. ETA is 22:48 on 15th March now :)

Attachments

• Glovis Captain.png
    Glovis Captain.png
    391.1 KB · Views: 39
When will people get texts re deliveries?
It depends on how much of what Tesla told me is true, and how much is garbage.....
On the positive side, if your M3 is on the Glovis Captain as I have been told mine is, you should get a text when it reaches Zeebrugge with your collection/delivery date. Here’s hoping that happens......
Some texts have already been sent, but not mine.
I was also told by one Tesla guy on the phone that I’d get the reg this week, but another told me that’s not possible? That hasn’t happened.
I personally wish they would use their considerable programming skills to build a simple search engine and do away with all the poor customer service.

It depends on how much of what Tesla told me is true, and how much is garbage.....
On the positive side, if your M3 is on the Glovis Captain as I have been told mine is, you should get a text when it reaches Zeebrugge with your collection/delivery date. Here’s hoping that happens......
Some texts have already been sent, but not mine.
I was also told by one Tesla guy on the phone that I’d get the reg this week, but another told me that’s not possible? That hasn’t happened.
I personally wish they would use their considerable programming skills to build a simple search engine and do away with all the poor customer service.

Mine is on GLOVIS CAPTAIN I got told the same. You will have a text by Friday for sure! Staring at blank phone

See attached picture. ETA is 22:48 on 15th March now :)

Thanks but you will note the very precise figure of 22:48 as an ETA. On the screen you will note it says ETA Calc.
This is because the ETA quoted is a calculated ETA based on the rate of closure.
This can often be wildly incorrect but in this case is not too far from the truth because of the distance to run, the ships course and the relatively straight future trackline between the two points.
Additionally because of its preciseness it inevitably will never be right.