Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not much to add.

GLOVIS CAPTAIN will arrive off Zeebrugge this evening.
She is showing an ETA of 22:00 however she can be there earlier than that.
No change to the Southampton ETA of 18 Mar

In your experience Mr M, how long does it usually take from berthing at Southampton to be available for collection. Tesla have given me a collection date of 27th March but said it could be earlier depending on the arrival at Southampton. Many thanks for your help.

In your experience Mr M, how long does it usually take from berthing at Southampton to be available for collection. Tesla have given me a collection date of 27th March but said it could be earlier depending on the arrival at Southampton. Many thanks for your help.

I can't answer this.
In the past they were all delivered to the delivery centres and you had the, at times hectic, timed handover. Due to the sheer number of vehicles that have been flooding off the ships this month, Tesla wisely put into action alternative delivery plans which seem to have some teething problems.
What you can be sure of is that Tesla want the cars off the dock asap and delivered to you, without fail, by the end of the month.

Reactions: bhav and J8JOE
Who did you phone to get a reg number? I didn’t think they were allocated until the day before/on the day of collection.
I phoned Tesla on 01628450660 on Monday 9th March (The Monday after the Friday my text arrived)to inform them that I wanted to arrange insurance for my new car and that the insurance company needed a reg number.
The chap gave me it over the phone and also the name of the ship my car was on.
To be absolutely honest I have found that it is pot luck who you speak to at Tesla as I have been on to them
on other occasions and have came off the phone with no information or updates and been none the wiser.
Certainly worth a call with them to ask as you might get lucky.
Even if you do not have any joy try again in the hope you get another more informed Tesla customer service rep
and just keep trying.

Reactions: Durzel and bhav
GLOVIS CAPTAIN has slowed down a lot, could she be anchoring for a while? Or waiting for a pilot?
5A2BE69B-714C-464C-BA4B-3E5A3008EDFD.jpeg

I didn't know The Netherlands had shut up shop and that gets me a little concerned as I believe Tesla
arrange all their UK payments through their bank in Amsterdam.
Hopefully that will not complicate or delay any pick up of our new cars.

I paid my invoice to a Citibank branch in London. The payment was 'visible' on my account the next day - possibly even earlier as I didn't know how to check for it on the day.

However refunds etc are certainly processed from Amsterdam.

Reactions: bogeybuster
Went into Tesla at Bristol Cribbs as getting frustrated at lack of information and addicted to Mr Miserables thread. I was told my X ordered 19 Jan is on the boat and due into Southampton this week. No VIN, reg or text yet but chap said he expects me to hear by Tuesday - fingers crossed !

Went into Tesla at Bristol Cribbs as getting frustrated at lack of information and addicted to Mr Miserables thread. I was told my X ordered 19 Jan is on the boat and due into Southampton this week. No VIN, reg or text yet but chap said he expects me to hear by Tuesday - fingers crossed !

Next ship, the final ship of the quarter (and quite possibly until June) is GLOVIS CAPTAIN which is due in to Southampton on Wednesday 18th

Reactions: AnthonyLR