Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you think Tesla would do if this goes much longer? If the cars are on a boat surely they'd want to sell them even if it means going past 31/03 ? Mine is due for pickup on 27th so is going to be tight, but not as tight as if I'd chosen 24th which was originally an option.

I'm still not 100% on how Model S/X get to UK.
It may seem obvious to ship them from Zeebrugge with the Model 3 shipments however I remain to be convinced that they use this route.
Your car may well arrive in Southampton on 23rd but not with a load of Model 3s for company.
I have just had it confirmed that the MX's are shipped out of Zeebrugge so I'm hoping mine is on the Glovis Captain...

I phoned Tesla on 01628450660 on Monday 9th March (The Monday after the Friday my text arrived)to inform them that I wanted to arrange insurance for my new car and that the insurance company needed a reg number.
The chap gave me it over the phone and also the name of the ship my car was on.
To be absolutely honest I have found that it is pot luck who you speak to at Tesla as I have been on to them
on other occasions and have came off the phone with no information or updates and been none the wiser.
Certainly worth a call with them to ask as you might get lucky.
Even if you do not have any joy try again in the hope you get another more informed Tesla customer service rep
and just keep trying.
That amazes me. I also spoke to someone on the same number around the same time as you. He told me my car was on Glovis Captain and confirmed I’d get a text when it reached Zeebrugge, collection from Heathrow around the end of March. On Friday I chased them for the reg to be told told by someone else that my car is still in the US and they don’t register the cars until they reach the UK?
Who knows what to believe, I’m sure they make it up as they go along.....
I’m hoping for a text, but not expecting one......

Reactions: Harv3y
That amazes me. I also spoke to someone on the same number around the same time as you. He told me my car was on Glovis Captain and confirmed I’d get a text when it reached Zeebrugge, collection from Heathrow around the end of March. On Friday I chased them for the reg to be told told by someone else that my car is still in the US and they don’t register the cars until they reach the UK?

Fully paid today and have my reg number etc and mine is on the Glovis Captain?

Reactions: HIWEX
@Harv3y got the same message from them. Basically, I would wait and see what happens this week. I'm not 100% convinced that anyone knows for sure what is happening with any car until it physically turns up somewhere in the UK.

Ah damn :( lol thought I'd make you feel better by tagging you :(
No worries! Think I’m slowly coming to terms with the disorganisation of Tesla! I’m sure there are others that are in the same situation as us but just don’t know it yet as they haven’t been chasing Tesla as much as we have been. There may be some unhappy people come the end of the month. (Or 2 happy ones if our car turns up!)

I would be very surprised if GLOVIS CAPTAIN leaves Zeebrugge without refuelling.
This process will take about 8-10 hours and is visible on your chosen AIS tracking site by the refuelling barge sitting alongside.
Since refuelling hasn't yet commenced I don't envisage the GLOVIS CAPTAIN leaving Zeebrugge early to arrive in Southampton tomorrow. See post 2963 why this was considered.

Is the CHARDONNAY sat along side refuelling by some chance?

I'm still not 100% on how Model S/X get to UK.
It may seem obvious to ship them from Zeebrugge with the Model 3 shipments however I remain to be convinced that they use this route.
Your car may well arrive in Southampton on 23rd but not with a load of Model 3s for company.

I have been pestering the call centre quite a lot for my X.
From what I have gathered the X comes to either Zee or Antwerp then goes to Tilburg, comes back to Zee and gets back on a boat to UK.
Very convoluted.
Ordered on 3rd Feb, picking up on 20th, got reg today after calling Tesla again.
Still haven't got an invoice though, but apparently that should appear by the end of the day.