Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the exciting news of a EU bound ship I've called Tesla this morning, still no VIN match for me, although the representative did say they expect a ship in June, with possible deliveries into July which might include my order.

Whether this means no UK VINS have been matched to this ship I don't know..be good to hear from others in UK as/when they get matched to Grand Venus

So, I spoke to Tesla yesterday and they said there were 3 VIN for my spec available as was that ship. They designated one to myself - yet to receive this formally - but he read it out (last 4 numbers) and matches what I saw on the source code on my account. He then mentioned that the VIN numbers normally appear once the ship is out a certain distance and I believe Mr Miserable said this would be about June 8th.

Many Thanks

Reactions: JupiterMan
Meanwhile loitering 250 miles off the Mexican coast is the ASIAN GLORY.
She is not due to arrive at Pier 80 until Monday 1 Jun and so can loiter a little longer.

I cannot see any other ships loading at Pier 80 for the remainder of the quarter, and so after ASIAN GLORY that is it until July.
I am sure that because Q2 will be such a poor quarter every effort will be made to ensure that Q3 is a bumper one.
That will hopefully mean lots of ships!

Reactions: Roy W.
Hi Guys,

My Company ordered me a RHD SR+ on the 01.05.2029 and have quoted a 14.08.2020 delivery is this realistic?

Looks very realistic. If they can't match you against a car in inventory, or en route on the GRAND VENUS you will likely be waiting for the next shipload which will not leave Pier 80 until July. So your date has not just been plucked out of thin air.

Reactions: Mark S and Roy W.
The ASIAN GLORY is arriving on time - presently still approaching the Golden Gate Bridge. No change to its anticipated departure tonight.

Meanwhile GLOVIS SUN is scheduled to arrive at Benicia on Tuesday. This would normally spark me into action checking whether it could be inbound to Pier 80 afterwards however last time I checked the GLOVIS SUN was scheduled to be in S America later this month. Nevertheless I'll still do some checking.....

Reactions: MGrove and Roy W.
The ASIAN GLORY is arriving on time - presently still approaching the Golden Gate Bridge. No change to its anticipated departure tonight.

Meanwhile GLOVIS SUN is scheduled to arrive at Benicia on Tuesday. This would normally spark me into action checking whether it could be inbound to Pier 80 afterwards however last time I checked the GLOVIS SUN was scheduled to be in S America later this month. Nevertheless I'll still do some checking.....

Thanks Mr Miserable, really appreciate your updates :)