Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I can track Model S/X individually to Europe. I can track once you have a hidden vin and the datasets are available - normally when the ships are mid Atlantic - with all of the exact shipping movements dates and times. Most people on Patreon stay for 1 or 2 months, since this takes a while and ongoing effort on my part to track from end to end. Patreon doesn’t work by one off donation but you can stop payment at any time.
@Vedaprime I am leasing a tesla so will I not be able to get a hidden vin?

Yes, I can track Model S/X individually to Europe. I can track once you have a hidden vin and the datasets are available - normally when the ships are mid Atlantic - with all of the exact shipping movements dates and times. Most people on Patreon stay for 1 or 2 months, since this takes a while and ongoing effort on my part to track from end to end. Patreon doesn’t work by one off donation but you can stop payment at any time.
@Vedaprime am i able to get a hidden vin as I am leasing?

The GLOVIS SUN has arrived in the Panama Bay and is making her way to a temporary anchorage to wait for her transit.
You should be able to follow the transit in toto on marinetraffic.com
I expect her to pick up her canal pilot in the small hours and then make her way into Cocoli Locks. It will still be dark there.
You may catch sight of her in the background of this camera at Pedro Miguel when she is clear of Cocoli locks
It should take her about 7 hours to do the transit and by late lunchtime in the UK she should be in the Agua Clara locks in daylight.
That is if everything goes as I expect....

Tropical Storm Gonzalo is still a tropical storm at the moment but is still expected to become a hurricane. This little fella (Gonzalo is tiny compared to the regular monsters) is giving the forecasters a real headache. As long as GLOVIS SUN's canal transit is not delayed I don't envisage Gonzalo being a problem.

A reminder that the GLOVIS SUN competition will close when she enters the Cocoli Locks.

Meanwhile up at Pier 80 loading is continuing for GRAND DAHLIA. A correspondent of mine has reported seeing a large number of RHD vehicles leaving the factory to Pier 80 this morning. She will depart in the early hours of Saturday morning. The first confirmation that she is coming to the EU will be when her destination is published in the San Francisco Chronicle tomorrow evening. I expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 15 Aug.
View attachment 568135
@Mr Miserable does the glovis sun have model x's?

Just re-ran the vehicle count estimate for GLOVIS SUN as it’s wider than some of the other GLOVIS vessels.

Approx estimate for number of cars onboard (assuming mix of LHD and RHD) is 5000-5500 dependent on spread between SR+ and LR/P

Based on draught leaving SFO of 7.9m and current of 9.5m which is one of the biggest differences I’ve seen when doing these calcs.

The UK share of vehicles could be 1500-2000 based on what we’ve seen previously and other estimated calcs - but this is all conjecture as we just don’t get any official manifest info, which is annoying.

Certainly a lot of moolah tied up in these shipments regardless.

The Glovis Sun changed his destination into BEZEE.

Attachments

• 96853E2D-35DE-437E-9936-5474346661C4.jpeg
    96853E2D-35DE-437E-9936-5474346661C4.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 54
The San Francisco Chronicle has finally published its list of shipping departures for tomorrow.
Unhelpfully it lists GRAND DAHLIA's destination as 'Port Unknown'.
At least it confirms that the ship is leaving tomorrow I suppose.
My man on the scene says today's loading was well organised with a mix of LHD and RHD Model 3s and will finish on time.
The ship will depart just after midnight.

• Informative
Reactions: JupiterMan