Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey! thanks for the rich thread!

I was called by Tesla Dubai, UAE, Middle East office, and informed that my car should be ready for pick up on the 15th of Sept.

I saw this post, and I wonder if you think this is the vessel that contains the cars aimed for Dubai Tesla market that's supposed to be ready for delivery by the 15th of Sept?

thank you!
I believe your car is on the GLOVIS SUN which arrives in Dubai on 14 Sep

• Informative
Reactions: Dragunov
Thank you for the quick response!
BTW, how do you check the status that says it should arrive in Sept 14? I am just curious if you don’t mind answering. Thanks once again!

It's on a schedule.
If you go to marinetraffic.com you should be able to follow the ship.
It's loading in Southampton today (it left San Francisco on 14 July) will head to Antwerp for final loading and then route to the Suez Canal Aqaba on 4 Sep and then Jeddah on 6 Sep (no, you won't be able to collect it there). Final stop before Jebel Ali is Sohar on 13 Sep.

I spoke to a Tesla rep today as I received my vin and wanted to know what ship it was on. The guy said it hasnt got a ship assigned and that this happens when its sitting in SF dcks so will be 4-5 weeks out until delivered. Are there are ships lurking around SF getting ready to load up?

I spoke to a Tesla rep today as I received my vin and wanted to know what ship it was on. The guy said it hasnt got a ship assigned and that this happens when its sitting in SF dcks so will be 4-5 weeks out until delivered. Are there are ships lurking around SF getting ready to load up?
Could be same as me - probably Glovis Sigma

Also noted today some M3LR's have appeared as in transit on the Inventory

There have been numerous schedule changes in the last week or so. GLOVIS SUN is loading at Southampton at the moment and is due to arrive 14 Sep. I still think this is the best bet for you. GLOVIS CAPTAIN is your next best arriving 24 Sep.

Don't you mean August? I sure hope you mean August... My X was on the IOWA and if it's gonna take the Captain to UK I hope it's not September *cries inconsolably*

Very kind. Is that the Hartland Bridge?
It is. You are the only person who has ever recognised it. That was taken four days after I took delivery of my P3D+ in Miami, Florida. I immediately set off on a voyage to New Brunswick and other parts of Canada. Have you been there? It's not exactly in a major urban area, is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pilotpem
I was dragged there when I was about 13 by my parents as we toured Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island etc. I'm sure it was all very pleasant but not a good holiday for a 13 year old! Coincidentally, my first exposure to Tesla was in Aventura Mall when the store opened up there. Small world...

I have a VIN (number unknown) and all I can get out of Tesla is delivery mid to late Sept. So currently unsure if my car is in transit or still stuck in the US. On that schedule what's most likely?

Sounds like your car will be on the GLOVIS SIGMA.
If you buying the car, read the forum on how to find your hidden VIN, and start looking when the ship departs Pier 80. If you are leasing, you are at the mercy of the leasing company. If you have an RN number you can call Tesla to see whether you have been matched.

• Informative
Reactions: MadScientist
I was dragged there when I was about 13 by my parents as we toured Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island etc. I'm sure it was all very pleasant but not a good holiday for a 13 year old! Coincidentally, my first exposure to Tesla was in Aventura Mall when the store opened up there. Small world...
I recognised it too! We have family in NB, and like you my first trip was aged 13. They have a farm though so spent much time thrashing round on a quad bike playing with combine harvesters, snowmobiles and going canoeing - this produced a far more 13yo friendly experience! Surely you were wowed by Magnetic Hill?

Also, sorry this is supposed to be about ships :(

[
I recognised it too! We have family in NB, and like you my first trip was aged 13. They have a farm though so spent much time thrashing round on a quad bike playing with combine harvesters, snowmobiles and going canoeing - this produced a far more 13yo friendly experience! Surely you were wowed by Magnetic Hill?

Also, sorry this is supposed to be about ships :(
I'd forgotten about Magnetic Hill!! I have a dog eared photo of it which is totally unconvincing.