Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just had confirmation of a collection date of 12th September!

I12th September, this brilliant news.
I am waiting to hear about my MX, ordered on 15th July but heard nothing. However I spoke with Joshua on the online chat yesterday and he gave me a VIN and said it was on the Saftmarine Mafadi and unloaded in Rotterdam. Couldn’t give me a delivery date though. Still nothing on my Tesla account page.

When did you place your order? Was your car on the Saftmarine Mafadi? Where are you collecting from?

• Funny
Reactions: ringi
I12th September, this brilliant news.
I am waiting to hear about my MX, ordered on 15th July but heard nothing. However I spoke with Joshua on the online chat yesterday and he gave me a VIN and said it was on the Saftmarine Mafadi and unloaded in Rotterdam. Couldn’t give me a delivery date though. Still nothing on my Tesla account page.

When did you place your order? Was your car on the Saftmarine Mafadi? Where are you collecting from?
I have sent you a DM.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
No, I just went on Vesselfinder.com out of curiosity. She hasn't updated her AIS destination yet but based on a couple of people we know she's heading for Europe.
Hmmm It might be moving ports rather than actually heading off across the Atlantic. Its heading towards Newark.

Yup, I think it's heading to another pier, looking at old satellite images the pier next to I78 has loads of vehicles parked up, my guess is it's heading over there to load up.

Reactions: hoppo1979
We have time for a PLATINUM RAY competition methinks.

All you have to do is use your skill and judgement to determine where you think PLATINUM RAY will be at Midday UTC on 10 Sep 20.

GRID.jpg

There is no prize for the winner except the adulation from all on this forum!
Only 1 entry per person
In the event of a tie, the person who chose the closest gridsquare first will be declared the winner.
Entries will close when PLATINUM RAY departs Newark.
It's just bit of fun!

ENTER HERE

Tip - Pick a blue square ! (I know - but you'd be surprised!)

RCC ASIA is due in to Southampton 09:30 tomorrow morning

GLOVIS SIGMA She successfully dodged the bad weather that developed into Hurricane Nana by heading for the Mona Passage to enter the Atlantic. She has about 100nm to run before entering the passage which is the gap between the Dominican Republic to the west and Puerto Rico to the east.
On the Atlantic side lies the Puerto Rico Trench which is about 8000m deep whereas in the channel it's only about 100m deep. On the Caribbean side it's about 1000m deep. Additionally, there is a significant current that runs from south to north.
This 'shallowness' in the channel can be responsible for some pretty treacherous seas with some horrendously big waves.
It's not something that is too much of a concern for big ships but for smaller vessels the 'dreaded' Mona Passage has a fearsome reputation and navigating it is something that needs careful advanced planning and respect.
It is also the site of a significant British victory in 1782 when British and French warships engaged there.
She will be keeping an eye on how Tropical Depression Omar develops over the next couple of days as it tracks into the Atlantic. A small course change now, holding to the east of the desired track, may prevent a big course change in a couple of days time. She has a revised ETA for Zeebrugge of 20:00 12 Sep. This will be a relatively fast crossing.

Screenshot 2020-09-03 at 13.19.27.png

GLOVIS CLIPPER She will arrive at the entrance to the Panama Canal later tonight after a very fast voyage from Pier 80. I expect her to transit the canal tomorrow morning. I will do a separate post later today on the canal and links to the webcams. She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 16 Sep. She is not due to depart until 14:00 on 17 Sep and so if she is coming to Southampton it will be on 18 Sep.

Don’t forget to enter the GLOVIS CLIPPER competition!
The competition will close when she enters the canal locks early tomorrow morning.

No more ships are likely to load at Pier 80 until October.

All is not lost since Tesla have sent a shipment by rail to Newark for shipment to Europe from there.

PLATINUM RAY is the ship being used to transport these cars to Europe. Earlier this morning it repositioned from Bayonne to Newark to commence loading. No departure details are yet known but assuming 3 days to load would mean a Saturday night departure and arrival in Zeebrugge on 14th and Southampton around 16th. Dates will be able to be firmed up once she departs.

Enter the PLATINUM RAY competition! It’ll close when she departs Newark.

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab
I have just been told that the RCC ASIA may have delivered some LHD Model Y to Zeebrugge.
I'm not sure whether these are heading to the Tesla showrooms, press promotions or for customer delivery.
I wonder whether any will make their way to the UK? We had LHD Model 3s in the showrooms initially last year.