Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I would put the 3 ships on the one chart today - a bit of a novelty.

8 Sep 20.png

PLATINUM RAY continues to tear across the Atlantic covering over 486 miles in the last 24 hours achieving an astonishing average of 20.2 kts. She has now crept ahead of GLOVIS SIGMA and has 1660 nm to go and so could arrive a couple of hours earlier than her published ETA. Her ETA for Zeebrugge is 0300 on Saturday and we will find out tomorrow whether she will arrive in Southampton next Monday.
Anyway we are witnessing a very, very fast transatlantic crossing from her.

GLOVIS SIGMA She continues her high speed dash to Zeebrugge. Her ETA in Zeebrugge is Saturday afternoon but with 1700nm to go she could arrive around midday.

GLOVIS CLIPPER She is in no hurry in comparison to the other two and is maintaining a sedate 16 kts.
She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 16 Sep which is easily achievable. She is not due to depart until 14:00 on 17 Sep and so if she is coming to Southampton it will be on 18 Sep.

I’m continuing to monitor Newark just in case another shipment appears, however it’s not looking promising.
Some may have read elsewhere about a ship called TIJUCA as being likely - I totally disagree, it isn’t at all a likely suspect.

290 S/X were on Maersk Montana. The cars are still in the port. All vins received.

16 cars added to the Safmarine Mafadi numbers - they came out of Norfolk. The journey is interesting

Fremont - Oakland joint Intermodal Terminal - road
Oakland - Stockton - Rail
Moved in 50 min journey - road
BNRR Stockton - Chicago CSX 59th St ramp - rail
Chicago - Norfolk Virginia intl Gateway n195 -rail
Load on to Safmarine Mafadi
13 day journey across US

• Informative
Reactions: Mr Miserable
Hi all

My first post after several weeks of lurking and reading the forums...

I ordered my M3 LR in early August and was told today via chat that I have a VIN allocated (although nothing is showing on my account as yet). I was also told that I could expect delivery 'at the end of the month' - would that suggest that there is another ship likely or would my car be on one of the three currently on their way?

Thanks.

Hi all

I ordered my M3 LR in early August and was told today via chat that I have a VIN allocated (although nothing is showing on my account as yet). I was also told that I could expect delivery 'at the end of the month' - would that suggest that there is another ship likely or would my car be on one of the three currently on their way?

Thanks.

My guess would be on one of the ships on the way. I'm also awaiting a M3 LR - and have been matched and told 'at the end of the month' - but I was also told last week it was "on the ship".

Hi all

Thanks.
I'd imagine it would be on one of the three above, possibly the Platinum Ray as this was the last to leave the US.

No - I'm buying outright. Hopefully the account will show the VIN in the next day or so.
I ordered on 14th Aug and got a collection date assigned early September. I am also buying outright. After talking to Tesla I have a VIN (they sent it by text during the call). It was also during another call they stated it was on Glovis Sigma. When I asked why VIN was not on my account they told me that some changes had been made to the system? I am to expect a call at the end of this week to arrange payment process and procedure for collection 22nd. I should also get my reg plate details as well. I hope this helps ?

I ordered on 14th Aug and got a collection date assigned early September. I am also buying outright. After talking to Tesla I have a VIN (they sent it by text during the call). It was also during another call they stated it was on Glovis Sigma. When I asked why VIN was not on my account they told me that some changes had been made to the system? I am to expect a call at the end of this week to arrange payment process and procedure for collection 22nd. I should also get my reg plate details as well. I hope this helps ?

Very much so! Thanks.

Reactions: Shaynety
I did mention that it was going to get a bit busy at Zeebrugge with 2 ships arriving the same day.
Well, it seems someone has come up with a solution.
PLATINUM RAY will arrive in Southampton at 07:30 on Saturday!

Strangely, though instead of departing to Zeebrugge at 23:00 on Saturday night she is apparently heading to Bremerhaven. I think that must be a mistake.

I did mention that it was going to get a bit busy at Zeebrugge with 2 ships arriving the same day.

Strangely, though instead of departing to Zeebrugge at 23:00 on Saturday night she is apparently heading to Bremerhaven. I think that must be a mistake.

Unless it is all UK cars on that ship.

Hi all

Thanks.

I too think its the Platinum Ray, as end of the month was my initial date from Tesla, but now have a confirmed collection date of the 21st. If you call you can get the VIN, they will also confirm which ship your car is on too.

Reactions: markrally

Oh fab! Wonder if they will allow an earlier collection ;-)

3 ships on the one chart again today.

9 Sep 20.png

PLATINUM RAY continues to race across the Atlantic covering another 480 miles in the last 24 hours maintaining an average of 20 kts, but the question arises of where is she going to since she appears on the Southampton port schedule as arriving there on Saturday morning. Sadly she is going to Zeebrugge and her ETA for Zeebrugge is 0300 on Saturday.
I suspect that she was originally planned to arrive in Southampton on Saturday but she is running a couple of days late as a result of tangling with the tropical storms last week, which explains why she is in such a hurry at the moment. I have no doubt the Southampton schedule will change in due course, and I'm a little surprised it hasn't been amended already.
Anyway we are witnessing a very, very fast transatlantic crossing from her.

Meanwhile 249 miles to her south…

GLOVIS SIGMA She continues her high speed dash to Zeebrugge.
Her ETA in Zeebrugge is Saturday afternoon but with 1300nm to go she could arrive in the morning too if she maintains her current speed.
Sadly there are no indications of her pitching up in Southampton yet.

GLOVIS CLIPPER She is 1690nm behind the GLOVIS SIGMA and that distance increases by 60 nm daily as she cruises along at a majestic 16kts.
She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 16 Sep which is easily achievable. She is not due to depart until 14:00 on 17 Sep and so if she is coming to Southampton it will be on 18 Sep.

The winner of the GLOVIS CLIPPER competition will be announced shortly.

I’m continuing to monitor Newark just in case another shipment appears, however it’s not looking at all promising at the moment....