Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Mr Miserable I was checking the inventory page for LHD SR+ and seems that a new "ExpectedVesselArrivalDate" has shown up, now getting a mix of ""2020-11-28" (which I expect is the Toscana), and "2020-12-06". Does that date match up with one on your shortlist? Maybe Tannhauser?
That does indeed agree with TANNHAUSER's arrival in Zeebrugge.
We can now say that there will be a 2nd shipment of Made in China Model SR+ to Europe this quarter.

That does indeed agree with TANNHAUSER's arrival in Zeebrugge.
We can now say that there will be a 2nd shipment of Made in China Model SR+ to Europe this quarter.

I actually suspect my SR+ to be scheduled for Tannhauser, as they moved the expected delivery backwards. Maybe it's even one of the Model 3s on the pier... Do you have more info on whether Tannhauser is expected to call on Amsterdam after Zeebrugge? I recall you mentioning this before.

RCC ANTWERP has just 460 nm left to run to the Panama Canal.
At midday Z her position was N8.7 W85.4 which is about 50nm off the coast of Costa Rica.
She continues to maintain 16 kts and is on schedule to arrive at the Panama Canal anchorage tomorrow evening.
I'll post a bit on the Panama Canal tomorrow.
I still expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 11 Nov and Southampton a couple of days after that. We will be able to firm up those dates once she has completed her Canal transit.
The weather is looking fine both for her transit and her Caribbean crossing. She won’t be affected by Hurricane Zeta.

RCC ANTWERP Pacific.png

Just a reminder that the RCC ANTWERP competition will close when the ship enters the Panama Canal - so don’t delay, enter now!

TRITON ACE continues to load at Pier 80. At the moment she is due to depart Pier 80 in the small hours of Friday morning however this may be brought forward to tomorrow night to allow GRAND AURORA to dock. (This is still being negotiated) She will be heading for Zeebrugge. I have her pencilled in to arrive in Zeebrugge around 20 Nov.

GRAND AURORA will arrive in Benicia tonight and then the plan is to move alongside Pier 80 tomorrow night once it becomes available. She may have to anchor in the Bay for the night if TRITON ACE doesn’t vacate the dock for her. I don’t think GRAND AURORA will be coming to Europe.

TOSCANA has now passed Taiwan and has entered the South China Sea and once again I am not receiving a position via satellite from her. This is a shame since her last terrestrial position report showed that she had slowed from a steady 16 kts to 13 kts. I’m a little surprised at that because there is a potential Typhoon to be avoided and if she had kept her speed up, or even actually sped up a bit, I reckon she would have been well clear but now it seems she may have committed to pass behind it. The storm in question is at the moment called Tropical Depression Twentytwo however by the time it crosses the Philippines and enters the South China Sea it will have developed into a Cat 1 typhoon. Anyway, we’ll see how the storm develops over the next 24hrs and in particular it’s rate of advance - there is still the hope that TOSCANA can cross its path and get on the less dangerous south side. Shame about not knowing exactly where she is though ….

UPDATE. GRAND AURORA IS COMING TO EUROPE.

Last edited:
I actually suspect my SR+ to be scheduled for Tannhauser, as they moved the expected delivery backwards. Maybe it's even one of the Model 3s on the pier... Do you have more info on whether Tannhauser is expected to call on Amsterdam after Zeebrugge? I recall you mentioning this before.

It looks as though the Tesla charter of TANNHAUSER will terminate at Zeebrugge and she will head off to Bremerhaven after Zeebrugge.
Your car will still be delivered to Koopman's in Westpoort even if it's not by ship.

Spare a thought for ICO in Zeebrugge.

They will have to handle:
RCC ANTWERP 10 Nov
TRITON ACE 20 Nov
GRAND AURORA 24 Nov
TOSCANA 27 Nov
TBC ~1 Dec
TANNHAUSER 6 Dec
TBC ~10 Dec

Unlike other manufacturers who seem prepared for their vehicles to languish on the dock for days on end, Tesla want theirs transloaded on to trains and car transporters without delay. That's quite a deluge in a short space of time.

Last edited:
I ordered a M3 SR+ on 15th October, Blue, upgraded wheels. it was updated the day after (when the refresh was announced) - Tesla (deliveryGB@) advised me mine will be the 2021 refresh model and was sitting in San Francisco waiting for a boat.

Just got a text saying I could book my collection, and I'm set for 20th Nov from Dartford.

So from this thread I'd think it's on the RCC ANTWERP then but happy me :)

The SAT hasn’t updated for nearly 7 hours now for the Antwerp. Could be thousands of Teslas including mine at the bottom of the sea now... Also, there looks like a massive backlog on either side of the canal so may be delayed by that.
The satellite reception can go down now and then, usually following a course change, but it was unusual to be absent for such a long period. As far as the queue at the canal entrance is concerned, you will find that RCC ANTWERP has paid for fast track (well into six figures) and will probably start her transit in the small hours of Friday morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: ajs117 and MGrove
The satellite reception can go down now and then, usually following a course change, but it was unusual to be absent for such a long period. As far as the queue at the canal entrance is concerned, you will find that RCC ANTWERP has paid for fast track (well into six figures) and will probably start her transit in the small hours of Friday morning.

Cool, was hoping to be awake to catch the Antwerp go through on the canal webcams, looks like I will miss it.

@Mr Miserable FYI you should be getting your £50 from Octopus referral middle of next month.