Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RCC ANTWERP has 1100 nm left to go before arriving at the Panama Canal on Thursday.
At midday Z her position was N14.6 W96.9 which is about 200nm SE of Acapulco.
She continues to maintain 16 kts
The weather outlook remains showers, occasionally heavy with the possibility of encountering an isolated thunderstorm. The temperature has now peaked at 29C.
The 2020 hurricane season has been a busy one and it is still not over as the southern Gulf states of the US can testify. I’m expecting RCC ANTWERP to cross the Caribbean next weekend and looking at the forecasts at the moment the Caribbean looks clear for her.
I estimate she will arrive in Zeebrugge around 11 Nov with Southampton a couple of days later.
Just a reminder to enter the RCC ANTWERP competition if you haven't already. There has been an excellent number of entries so far with plenty of possible (IMHO!) squares still not yet chosen.
BTW I considered but have decided against running a competition for the TOSCANA since its route to Europe offers little variation and as a result is pretty predictable unlike the Panama - Zeebrugge route.

RCC ANTWERP Pacific.png

GRAND DOLPHIN is expected to depart Pier 80 around 6pm local tonight. Her destination is not known but is likely to be in the Far East.

TRITON ACE will arrive at Pier 80 tonight as soon as it becomes free. She will be heading for Zeebrugge. I’m not yet sure of when she will depart or when her Panama Canal transit is booked for but I have her pencilled in to arrive in Zeebrugge around 20 Nov.

TOSCANA continues to load in Shanghai. She is not due to depart until tomorrow however she has already updated her AIS to show her arriving at the Suez canal on 16 Nov. This looks good for the 7165nm voyage to the canal however it’s a little tight for the remaining 3260 nm to Zeebrugge to be completed on schedule. Accordingly her ETA for Zeebrugge has been revised to 27 Nov. I will be keeping an eye on the weather for her voyage since we are still in the Typhoon season and she has to run the gauntlet down the South China Sea, but at the moment it’s looking OK.

I had for many weeks had GLOVIS CROWN pencilled in as one of my ‘Tesla hopefuls’ but we can scratch her name off the list. She is inbound to Benicia tomorrow but will not be popping across the SF Bay to load at Pier 80. She appears to be on one of the new post-COVID routes established to facilitate routine crew changes in Asia.

I see that TOSCANA already is on the way, is that strange because that's not a full load i think?
It's unusual in that she left ahead of schedule however if she was fully loaded it makes sense to leave port and save on the fees!
Here is her expected route to Suez.

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 09.11.55.png

First-time poster, sorry if I'm not clued up on forum etiquette yet. I ordered on the 20th a “2021” SR+ RHD to the UK. Estimated delivery “November”. Got a text saying “A car has already been allocated to your order and we will be in contact shortly to arrange delivery”, however, I have not been assigned a VIN yet nor can I find one with source code trick. I have been following the RCC Antwerp religiously, however, Mr Miserable says VINs are usually assigned a day or two after leaving port. Is this the rule or are there exceptions or is a car has been allocated text something they send when you order an unallocated car currently at sea after the bulk VIN assignment?

Also ordered around the same time, but a LR AWD. Haven't had that text yet, I'm still stuck on the "signing contract" stage...

Have a good look through the source page of the website and see what you can find. Maybe a search for the string "5YJ" might reveal the VIN. Or have a look for the phrases "expected" and "estimated" - these tend to bring up fields with ETAs and delivery dates.

Interesting. RCC Antwerp has increased speed from 16kn to 20kn.
Interesting.
It could be the effect of a strong tailwind. She is moving through an area where that plume I wrote about yesterday turns due to coriolis effect. The speed is 'speed over ground' rather than through the water.
We shall see if the speed reduces back down again in a couple of hours.....

• Informative
Reactions: Mr. Impatient
I just want to say a big thank you to one of my sources in San Francisco (you know who you are!) who told me that despite TRITON ACE showing her destination as Benicia she would actually come to Pier 80 direct. This caused a bit of a stir and someone else (you know who you are!) betting me £5 that this was wrong. Thank you for your donation to the RNLI this morning (£10 as well!):)