Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed 2021.4.18 in our 2018 Model 3 this morning, rebooted afterwards as usual. Since then, the map is zoomed out quite a bit and doesn't auto zoom as it used to (not using navigation). You can manually zoom in and it will stay zoomed in, but on the next drive it's zoomed out again. The previous update was 2021.4.15.12.

Anyone else seeing this? Our 2018 Model S has the same build, but I don't see this issue there.

I was going to create a new thread for this rather than burying a response here, but let's see how this goes. 🙂
I noticed that issue in my 2017 Model S but can't remember which 2021.4.x release it showed up in. When navigating, it will be zoomed out 50 miles or more, showing the entire metro area.

I created playlists on Qobuz of the top 1043 classic rock songs of all time (104.3 in NYC) in increments of 50, and then also combined them into one big playlist that I can throw on shuffle. About 50% of the songs are in a hi-res, better than CD, format, 24/44, 24/96 or 24/192. What I really want is to be able to play these directly in hi-res, but we are limited to using Bluetooth on the phone to the Tesla.

I don't need Spotify if I use this but would like a hi-res service to be added with the next big update. Tidal has been rumored.

You can play FLAC from a USB drive inside your car.

This firmware started messing up today. The screen was black/Off when I tried to leave today. Resetting doesn't work so I took my other 3. Came home now and my trunk and frunk was popped open. When I closed both, it will open again on it's own. Car door will lock and unlock randomly as well.

Zooming by pinching in the screen is temporary. I believe if you use the + and - buttons on the screen, this sets the zoom scale more permanently. Try that...
That’s what I did, but it reset at the next drive. Using the +/- buttons instead of pinching also prevents tracking from getting disabled.

My wife drove the car a little while ago and it seemed to be working normally again. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Dear lord, anyone having really horrible interpretation skills by voice command and text by voice since this update?

“Set fan to ten”
Heard “sex and glam”
Texted “on my way home”
Sends Chinese characters

I've had 2021.4.18 for a week, and voice recognition took a huge hit as soon as I updated.

I've had an M3 for 6+ weeks, and I was surprised at how well the voice recognition worked (initially on 2021.4.13, then 2021.4.15). My example for people was a local restaurant called "Shaburina". I would say "go to shaburina", see it initially recognize as "go to shop arena" or somesuch, then autocorrect as (presumably) it consulted the address book. It worked every time: sometimes it needed an extra second or two, but ultimately it worked. Recognition of other normal English words was even better.

Now it's broken. It picks up just the "shop arena" or something similar, but never autocorrects to the right thing.

I have tried mispronouncing the name as shay-boo-ree-na, and voice recognition actually got it right (it's spelled correctly on the display), but then it doesn't find it in the address book!

I also just tried "go to cardinal heating and air". Voice recognition picked that up (it's correct on the display) but then in the nav it sent me to "Black Lion Heating & Air Conditioning", which is a competitor a couple miles away.

So I'm not actually certain it's voice recognition per se that's broken, but perhaps it's the way that it then consults the address book.

You can play FLAC from a USB drive inside your car.
Yes, I know, everyone keeps saying that. If I actually owned the 1000 songs on a digital format I could do that but I don't. That's why I subscribe to Qobuz. I can download them all to play in offline mode but still can't put them on a USB drive. The number of hi-res titles I actually own and have on a USB stick is zero. My guess is that is the same amount that everyone else has. Even the audiophiles that have put all their music on a NAS don't have much in hi-res, just their ripped CDs. You really have to go out of your way to do this unless you are already into computer audio. I should add that of my entire CD collection, there may be one or two that I would bother to rip to take in the car. It is what I DON'T have that I want to hear when driving, that's what makes it fun.

I got the update today and went for a drive tonight. AP seemed better and in a couple of areas where one lane expands into two, it correctly chose the right hand lane where previous versions would flip out unable to decide and then cancel AP. Another small change I noticed was when I pulled up the map to see all of the chargers, it rotated it to fit better in the right side of the screen. It took me a sec to figure out what was going on because it orientated it South up. In the past, it used to keep whatever orientation I was in, even if that resulted in chargers under the listing.

Since updating to 2021.4.18 from 2021.4.15.12, my backup camera has stopped working - only black screen (2018 Model 3). Car used to do this ago randomly, but would always come back eventually. Previous firmware would have dark backup camera at night occasionally, but otherwise OK.

Also, the car seems somewhat glitchy in general on 2021.4.18 as well. Reboots and power off for 3+ minutes didn't seem to help.

Anyone else seeing weird stuff?

Since updating to 2021.4.18 from 2021.4.15.12, my backup camera has stopped working - only black screen (2018 Model 3). Car used to do this ago randomly, but would always come back eventually. Previous firmware would have dark backup camera at night occasionally, but otherwise OK.

Also, the car seems somewhat glitchy in general on 2021.4.18 as well. Reboots and power off for 3+ minutes didn't seem to help.

Anyone else seeing weird stuff?
Weird - after letting the car go to sleep for a few hours and waking it back up again, things seem to be back to normal. We'll see with tomorrow's driving.

I am getting a lot of forward collision warnings that I've never had before, including when I'm on AP. Nothing in front of me at all. Got 3 in the past 2 days.

Anyone else?
Yes.

Two forward collision warnings since the update. Car in front highlighted red, but I was at at very safe distance and relatively low speed. Lead car was not slowing down or doing anything unpredictable.

Also got a lane departure alert that said corrective steering was applied (which did not seem to be correct). All passengers in car were equally puzzled - I was clearly in the lane, not even an iffy situation. This was at slow speed, approaching a stop.

On what software version are you? Vision only Front Collision Warning was in 2021.4.15.x (.17 and onward).
Now you should be 'downgraded' to version 2021.4.18 which should not have vision based FCW. (this was tested on some FSD vehicles on the 2021.4.15.x branch.

So during these false fcw and lane dep. warnings you were testing for Tesla ;)

On what software version are you? Vision only Front Collision Warning was in 2021.4.15.x (.17 and onward).
Now you should be 'downgraded' to version 2021.4.18 which should not have vision based FCW. (this was tested on some FSD vehicles on the 2021.4.15.x branch.

So during these false fcw and lane dep. warnings you were testing for Tesla ;)

I have a Model S so I was never on that firmware. I'm getting the warnings on 4.18

Yes.

Two forward collision warnings since the update. Car in front highlighted red, but I was at at very safe distance and relatively low speed. Lead car was not slowing down or doing anything unpredictable.

Also got a lane departure alert that said corrective steering was applied (which did not seem to be correct). All passengers in car were equally puzzled - I was clearly in the lane, not even an iffy situation. This was at slow speed, approaching a stop.
I have gotten the lane departure one....i wasnt going slow though, but had blinker on

I'm not sure why there is such a disappointment that there are no major changes in these releases... We all know that there has been a complete rewrite of the code-base and that this will be released when safe to do so. As with any software development, they will not add any new bells and whistles to the old code-base but rather only make bugfixes where it is improving safety. I'm happy to see this as that means that a majority of the resources are working on the next version rather than wasting time on the current software.

So, I think we all have to take a chill-pill and wait for the button and it's related SW. :)
I'm assuming that's the case so i've been ok with the lack of updates this year. I just want everyone to be working on V11 and fix and/or add features that people have been asking for.