Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure about current models but I think it’s software limited to 315 even if you switch to aftermarket 18s. I see 353 miles for 19inch wheels as well.
Tesla is not software limiting vehicle efficiency. All long range models have access to the same battery capacity. (The 2021 battery is likely different than the pre-2021 batteries, but that is not relevant here.)

Tesla can advertise the 353 mi for the 19” wheels/tires because that option doesn’t have higher than a 33% take rate. If it did, Tesla would need to test it and advertise it differently than the 18” wheels/tires. The rated range would be less than 353 mi due to the lower efficiency tires and wheels.

I’ve seen 2 photos of the refresh from the website of the steering wheel. One has the stitches at the 10 and 2 position, and the other is a completely seamless wheel. All 2020 model 3 steering wheels that I can see online have the seam... however in my car which I took delivery of at the end of September is completely seamless. Does anyone else have this too?

Attachments

• 36AA76EA-B110-441C-912D-A6E4223D26FB.jpeg
    36AA76EA-B110-441C-912D-A6E4223D26FB.jpeg
    516.9 KB · Views: 352
  • Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
I’ve seen 2 photos of the refresh from the website of the steering wheel. One has the stitches at the 10 and 2 position, and the other is a completely seamless wheel. All 2020 model 3 steering wheels that I can see online have the seam... however in my car which I took delivery of at the end of September is completely seamless. Does anyone else have this too?
Holy sh!t, quality control! They installed that steering wheel on the wrong side of the vehicle

Not sure about current models but I think it’s software limited to 315 even if you switch to aftermarket 18s. I see 353 miles for 19inch wheels as well.
Not software limited. They do not limit the range of the vehicle. They just factor in the increased size of the wheel with the type of tire.
Back when they had the stealth performance, it would get the same range as the Long Range model and only drop down when you added the performance package (larger wheels, sport tires, lowered, etc)

Are these the new steering wheel controls/knobs? Similar item on eBay has a different part number.

J84ugAJ.jpeg
Good find. Someone about "the new steering wheel" said it was related to the knobs now in metal rather than plastic. But i don't know if the old one are in plastic, are they?

Another good check to do would be on the ring part number to ascertain if they are changed, hinting to the heated wheel (still not proved, as far as i know).

There was a switch during 2020 to vegan leather wrap (no seams) from leather-wrapped.

I saw this photo in a reddit thread, apparently taken 2 days ago in Ohio. I don't recognize the wheels. Possibly what hides under the Aero covers? They look pretty good to me, I never liked the dark wheels too much.

euy907zl0xu51.jpg
100% Model Y.

Though given the look of the Y I can understand the confusion. There are times where its difficult to tell them apart.
(Source: a guy who owned a 3 and now a Y)

Reactions: parkds_nyc
Uhh am I the only one noticing something is off here? It's a bit...disproportioned...