Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like a few people got pushed to 12/9-31. But my EDD was pushed to 12/8-31. Not sure if there is a reason or significance to the 1 day delta?? RN1149 and 7 months and counting. Sigh.
There is no F'ing reason or significance. My EDD is 12/6-12/31. I am guessing it is just some idiot screwing with us over delivery dates and taking a paycheck.

There is no F'ing reason or significance. My EDD is 12/6-12/31. I am guessing it is just some idiot screwing with us over delivery dates and taking a paycheck.
It is a bit of a mystery. Found it interesting that they have an estimated date at the service center of Dec 27th for me to take delivery yet my EDD is Dec 9th-31st. Anything can change, they did say there's a possibility I can get it earlier.

Delivery day boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen. She is perfect. Will adjust the trunk on my own, but honestly not worried about it right now. Fronk has a some slight misalignment and I might mention it to a mobile service tech one day, but I want to know what it takes to fix it before they are start screwing with it. Old issues that I do not see - no front windshield distortion, no dent in the front dash, no mirror wobble.

Came loaded with mostly all the parts - missing sub trunk cover and parcel shelf. Oddly, had the corner piece 🤷🏽‍♂️ Tesla said pretty much all are missing those and I did not put up a fit to try and them from a car that has been sitting there for weeks. Mine is going to sit in the garage for a week and then PPF, tint, ceramic for a week. So I will ping them when I get closer to picking up my car from the detailer and see if they have them so that I can swing by and grab them. At that point, I am going to be driving it daily and really want those.

Came the summer tires - south Texas, really do not care. I will monitor them in the winter, but I am not in a huge rush to replace them.

For now, the wait is over and I am elated to say the least. Wife is too, she told me she never wants to hear about TMC again. So I think you guys won in that battle

More photos to come post tint, PPF and ceramic.
View attachment 736082 View attachment 736083 View attachment 736084
Congrats and enjoy it in good health!!😎

Delivery day boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen. She is perfect. Will adjust the trunk on my own, but honestly not worried about it right now. Fronk has a some slight misalignment and I might mention it to a mobile service tech one day, but I want to know what it takes to fix it before they are start screwing with it. Old issues that I do not see - no front windshield distortion, no dent in the front dash, no mirror wobble.

Came loaded with mostly all the parts - missing sub trunk cover and parcel shelf. Oddly, had the corner piece 🤷🏽‍♂️ Tesla said pretty much all are missing those and I did not put up a fit to try and them from a car that has been sitting there for weeks. Mine is going to sit in the garage for a week and then PPF, tint, ceramic for a week. So I will ping them when I get closer to picking up my car from the detailer and see if they have them so that I can swing by and grab them. At that point, I am going to be driving it daily and really want those.

Came the summer tires - south Texas, really do not care. I will monitor them in the winter, but I am not in a huge rush to replace them.

For now, the wait is over and I am elated to say the least. Wife is too, she told me she never wants to hear about TMC again. So I think you guys won in that battle

The 19s look great. Enjoy and congrats! Hope to be enjoying the same in t-minus 6 days.

Enjoy! How about floor mats? Were those missing too?

Bumped again this morning. EDD now 3/11/22-4/8/22 from 1/30-2/27. That will put me out over a year of waiting time.
I'm really starting to lose it. Especially seeing later orders continuing to take delivery. I'm at a loss with Tesla logistics, and totally over it with their communication.
Can anyone talk me off the ledge?

Order date 4/4/21, RN1147 MSM/blk/21 no FSD

Ok

Here it goes...

If you own any decent car, or are in TSLA or any stock really, enjoy the appreciation on the above, and know that when you finally get you car, not only will you likely get it at locked in bargain price, but also many issues with the current supply chain impacted cars will have been resolved.

Bumped again this morning. EDD now 3/11/22-4/8/22 from 1/30-2/27. That will put me out over a year of waiting time.
I'm really starting to lose it. Especially seeing later orders continuing to take delivery. I'm at a loss with Tesla logistics, and totally over it with their communication.

I'd hate to lose a fellow order holder....
While this waiting blows, these delays are not unique to Tesla. In fact, Tesla is doing remarkably better than other car manufacturers delivering cars to customers. Yes, the waiting is frustrating. Yes, the lack of communication is frustrating. However, the delivery and communication of >>INSERT CAR MANUFACTURER NAME<< sucks right now because of the state of our world. I feel your pain....I waited 9 months to get a VIN. When I got my VIN a week ago, the pain of 9 months of waiting started to subside and be forgotten. If you are looking for info on status, try calling this number and follow the prompts for new car delivery: 888-518-3752. I have had luck getting fairly knowledgeable folks on the line to LMK about build status. There does come a point in time in their system when they can get a sense of when your config will be built. Crawl back through the window, pour a nice whiskey this evening, and know you are close to driving the best EV on the planet.

Hi guys, need some quick dumb help - BOA botched my initial loan config so ended up owing a small balance (around a grand). What's the smart play on paying Tesla? Can I do it at the DC before picking up, and if so how (personal check, pay thru Plaid app...)? I don't want to wire $$ sight unseen knowing Tesla.

In addition @cwanja before you head off into the wild blue yonder (or anyone else) can you tell me what the corner piece you referenced is? I am expecting no floor mats, no parcel shelf, did not know about no sub trunk cover (annoying!). Putting together my checklist from the megathread on this topic and want to make sure I cover everything.

• Informative
Reactions: donandersonjr

Seems really odd that they wouldn't give you something end of year, being in EOQ/EOY push heaven (aka California). Your RN is well before some of us month or two later. Totally feel for ya!

Not sure how the supply chain issues will affect this. There are a million containers that can't get into the US or are stuck and not being delivered.
then again, if they're stuck on the way "in" maybe it will be "no traffic" on the way out.
Either way, there is a huge trade imbalance right now, including the US consuming a lot more internally and not exporting. so maybe it will actually make it EASIER to get stuff out.
then there's a whole bunch of stuff i read between China and Taiwan, hypersonic missiles, etc. - so not sure how that will factor in.
take out the missile part, and i think it will be similar for europe - from US to europe might be going against the flow of traffic - or maybe the cars will be produced there?
I know the article says S in Fremont only, but do we know that as gospel?
I can't comment on the political impact with deliveries, however, we know that the Model S is only made in Fremont, CA.

1637617994340.png

• Informative
Reactions: Vinny860
Hi guys, need some quick dumb help - BOA botched my initial loan config so ended up owing a small balance (around a grand). What's the smart play on paying Tesla? Can I do it at the DC before picking up, and if so how (personal check, pay thru Plaid app...)? I don't want to wire $$ sight unseen knowing Tesla.

In addition @cwanja before you head off into the wild blue yonder (or anyone else) can you tell me what the corner piece you referenced is? I am expecting no floor mats, no parcel shelf, did not know about no sub trunk cover (annoying!). Putting together my checklist from the megathread on this topic and want to make sure I cover everything.
I am paying cash with a cashiers check. They will not take a personal check. I would not wire anything, to your point of sight unseen. He who has the $$ wins. Hand over the check after inspection at delivery.

I am paying cash with a cashiers check. They will not take a personal check. I would not wire anything, to your point of sight unseen. He who has the $$ wins. Hand over the check after inspection at delivery.
That would be easiest but I "bank" with one of the brokerages so getting a cashier's check is a bear. Any other options anyone is aware of? Looks like I could add my bank account and pay w/ Plaid instantly - will that work on moment of delivery?

That would be easiest but I "bank" with one of the brokerages so getting a cashier's check is a bear. Any other options anyone is aware of? Looks like I could add my bank account and pay w/ Plaid instantly - will that work on moment of delivery?
yes plaid will work the moment of delivery, it takes about 90 seconds as long as you are comfortable with it. Its how I paid personally.

I'm in my 11/22 - 12/20 EDD window with no VIN. Every time I get in the window it slides 10 days. Let's see what happens tomorrow...

As a side note and comparison, I took delivery of a 2022 Chevy Suburban over the weekend. When we ordered it two months ago they told me the exact date it would be built, an estimate on when it'd ship and an estimate when it'd be delivered. The delivery happened 1 week sooner than estimated. Impressive logistics IMO (even though much lower demand vehicle, but still). However, the entire purchase process from the dealership was horrible. I was there for at least 3 hours and I paid cash for the car. I think I'd prefer to wait on Tesla than go through that again...

Congrats and enjoy it in good health!!😎
The 19s look great. Enjoy and congrats! Hope to be enjoying the same in t-minus 6 days.
Thanks so much to you both!
Enjoy! How about floor mats? Were those missing too?
Thanks! Floor mats were there, missing the parcel shelf and the sub trunk floor cover.

I am hanging around, always ping me if you need something. So the follow image is an old Model S. Looking at it, where the bag is on the left, used to be uncovered and crap would fall in there and then roll to the sub trunk when you turned. Annoying as hell. So Tesla put an individual cover there now and that is what I have at delivery. Later tonight I can get you a photo from my actual car if it helps.

1637620992884.jpeg