Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you mind posting a screen shot? I just don’t see it on the controls screen.
Here you go. Uploads seem to be working now. The psi icon to the right of "Controls" is the link

IMG_7991.jpeg

IMG_7992.jpeg

Reactions: cwanja and Krash
I just purchased a 2023 Model S Plaid with AP4.

I have noticed that with the Mirror Auto Tilt option, my side mirrors are not (re)storing inward (horizontal) tilt when the car in shifted into Reverse.

I normally have my mirrors adjusted outwards to maximize coverage to the sides (i.e. not along vehicle, as described here). Per the Owner's Manual, with the car shifted into Reverse, I adjust the mirrors down and inward so that I can easily see the sides of the car while backing up, then save the configuration. When I shift into Drive, the mirrors return to their normal position. But when I shift back into Reverse, the mirrors tilt down only, not inward.

I also own an 2017 Model S and a 2021 Model Y, and both properly apply inward tilt when shifting into Reverse.

Does anyone else have this problem with their 2021+ Model S? This seems to be a software bug.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
I just purchased a 2023 Model S Plaid with AP4.

I have noticed that with the Mirror Auto Tilt option, my side mirrors are not (re)storing inward (horizontal) tilt when the car in shifted into Reverse.

I normally have my mirrors adjusted outwards to maximize coverage to the sides (i.e. not along vehicle, as described here). Per the Owner's Manual, with the car shifted into Reverse, I adjust the mirrors down and inward so that I can easily see the sides of the car while backing up, then save the configuration. When I shift into Drive, the mirrors return to their normal position. But when I shift back into Reverse, the mirrors tilt down only, not inward.

I also own an 2017 Model S and a 2021 Model Y, and both properly apply inward tilt when shifting into Reverse.

Does anyone else have this problem with their 2021+ Model S? This seems to be a software bug.
Yes, those symptoms indicate a software bug. I have not encountered that issue only because my manual does not show that as a feature of my 2020 Model S (pre-refresh)..

The bad news: i've reported three separate software bugs (including a defect in the mirror software), and Telsa refuses the fix them. These software defects are covered under the warranty. Tesla service began by saying things like "it's supposed to work that way." Then they replaced hardware (not effective for software issues). One of my service invoices states that all of these are known software issues, but "there is no timeline" for their repair. I've seen an internal memo that says they know about the problems (with the USB music player) but they have no intention of fixing them. The service manager says that they can't meet their obligations under the warranty because the software team is working on software safety issues (does he realize what kind of damage that does to Tesla's reputation?).

My advice: Document the defect (I've used photos and video for these kinds of things). Bring it to service for repair. Don't accept anything less than Tesla meeting its obligation under its warranty (check your warranty to see if software bugs are excluded: my warranty doesn't exclude them). Be prepared for the runaround. Be persistent. (I purpose used the words "defect," "repair," and "disrepair." Avoid referring to these things as software bugs.)

I'm still working to get my three defects repaired (after three years). Don't give up. Perhaps, go public.

I can't remember which update it was but you can now control the call from the left scroll wheel. You will see it pop up on the primary drivers display and you click left on the scroll wheel answer and right to reject call.
Not on my 2022 MS. and I didn't buy Full FSD the right scroll wheel is wasted. I bought FSD on my 2015 MS 85D and 2019 MX 100D. I just felt the value is not there. no more FSD for me. I think the 2015 MS is just called autopilot at the time of purchase, as it is on hardware 1.0

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and aerodyne
Not on my 2021 S FSD... we are always way behind on these goodies. The left wheel hasn't changed at all in 2 years
Mine is a 2022 and has the update. Who is the "we" you are referring to?
On my 2022 MSP if I tilt left or right on the left scroll wheel it changes music track or station.
Mine does the same when a call is not coming in but as soon as the call comes in, the incoming call message pops up on the display and then you can use the left scroll wheel to click left to answer or right to reject the call.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230821_183140_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230821_183140_Gallery.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Informative
Reactions: GSP
Mine is a 2022 and has the update. Who is the "we" you are referring to?

Mine does the same when a call is not coming in but as soon as the call comes in, the incoming call message pops up on the display and then you can use the left scroll wheel to click left to answer or right to reject the call.

Thanks, that's great. I will give it a try. I don't remember seeing this in the update notes.