Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still holding now for a couple weeks at Estimated Delivery: November 28 - December 18. Probably going to jinx myself. ;-)
Hoping to see some LONG RANGE white interior deliveries starting soon and that will improve my confidence. Seems to be about right for RN1150 April order, TX location, etc. Us and East coast tend to deliver in middle of the quarter (Q4) followed by closer CA orders for EOQ/EOY push, etc.
My RN114418XXX ordered 01/27 still has an EDD of 10/05-25 which continues to amaze me, holding so far. White interior. I'd be happier yet if my build does not start for 4+ days, possibly meaning an "N" in the assigned VIN. My happiness can increase if fit and finish are very acceptable so I may concentrate on learning the latest technology and enjoying the marvelous product. Time shall tell...

My RN114418XXX ordered 01/27 still has an EDD of 10/05-25 which continues to amaze me, holding so far. White interior. I'd be happier yet if my build does not start for 4+ days, possibly meaning an "N" in the assigned VIN. My happiness can increase if fit and finish are very acceptable so I may concentrate on learning the latest technology and enjoying the marvelous product. Time shall tell...
SFLgator just got a VIN in the main thread. Plaid, but still a Florida delivery. Might indicate it is coming soon. Or not. Still Tesla at the end of the day.

Right?!?!??!!! This whole thread is for white INTERIOR and we get nothing?

Let’s get with it, dreamer!!!!
Interior pics please!
You do realize that when joins Team Plaid it's difficult to do anything but drive, increasingly faster, until you have a "moment" that snaps you out of it, hopefully w/o either flashing lights in the rearview mirror or crushed aluminum, right?

I spent most of the weekend at National Drive Electric Week events (or driving too/from them) showing off my car to both the enlightened and unenlightened. Gave a few test drives, but having barely driven it myself, was a little hesitant given the UI was totally foreign to my Model X experience of four years.

My opinion after a few days of ownership: Tesla could charge twice as much and you'd still be underpaying for what this car delivers.

Oh yeah, pictures. I have a few external shots at the local events, but nothing of the interior I wish to share. Just a few shots of some smudges on the upholstery that needed to be quickly and easily cleaned up during the delivery. I'll try to post a few in the next few days.

Would Carbon Fiber look better than the wood in an MSM/White configuration? I think it might. But, IMHO the wood is also beautiful and adds just a touch of warmth to the black/white interior.

The car's as-delivered firmware of 2021.31.101 was updated to 2021.32.22 this evening, and I pressed "the button" with mixed emotions. CHILL mode enabled (for 7 days, possibly more). We'll see what Elon delivers in a week.

By the way, does this mean what I think it means? Rolled off the line this month (September)?
IMG_4870m.jpeg

That’s a 2021 if that’s what you’re asking. “m” in the vin means 2021. An “N” would be a 2022
Actually, I was referring to the MFG 09/21 - does that mean it came off the line within the past few weeks? ie. it wasn't one of the cars that sat gathering dust in Fremont for months?

You do realize that when joins Team Plaid it's difficult to do anything but drive, increasingly faster, until you have a "moment" that snaps you out of it, hopefully w/o either flashing lights in the rearview mirror or crushed aluminum, right?

I spent most of the weekend at National Drive Electric Week events (or driving too/from them) showing off my car to both the enlightened and unenlightened. Gave a few test drives, but having barely driven it myself, was a little hesitant given the UI was totally foreign to my Model X experience of four years.

My opinion after a few days of ownership: Tesla could charge twice as much and you'd still be underpaying for what this car delivers.

Oh yeah, pictures. I have a few external shots at the local events, but nothing of the interior I wish to share. Just a few shots of some smudges on the upholstery that needed to be quickly and easily cleaned up during the delivery. I'll try to post a few in the next few days.

Would Carbon Fiber look better than the wood in an MSM/White configuration? I think it might. But, IMHO the wood is also beautiful and adds just a touch of warmth to the black/white interior.

The car's as-delivered firmware of 2021.31.101 was updated to 2021.32.22 this evening, and I pressed "the button" with mixed emotions. CHILL mode enabled (for 7 days, possibly more). We'll see what Elon delivers in a week.
Congratulations on enjoying the car. We don’t mind smudges! How was fit and finish?

Big downer from mr. Positivity @2021plaid in main delivery thread.

Post in thread 'Model S Delivery Update'
Wiki - Model S Delivery Update
As much as this makes me anxious about more delays, as time goes on I suppose I'd expect these dates for those who purchase now to slowly inch backwards anyway.
Also beginning to wonder when they start factoring in overseas builds. I still think it is slotted for Q3 / Q4 based upon the designer and oversea forum members. But, like anything else, those dates could change.

Car will get here, when it gets here.

As much as this makes me anxious about more delays, as time goes on I suppose I'd expect these dates for those who purchase now to slowly inch backwards anyway.
Yeah. Not pushing the dates back on the website would just perpetuate their fraud. That said, I would interpret the new dates to mean that new buyers will get their cars at the end of 2022.

I find it curious that we aren't seeing (at least from what I can work out), delays with white seats on the 3 and Y. I wonder if the white they are using for the S is a different material to those. I presume Tesla are assembling the seats in house and just sourcing the material from elsewhere.
Not sure about different material being used but judging from photos and videos, the new S/X seats have more bolsters to them than the 3/Y. Similar to performance seats you might see on Porsche, BMW M etc

I find it curious that we aren't seeing (at least from what I can work out), delays with white seats on the 3 and Y. I wonder if the white they are using for the S is a different material to those. I presume Tesla are assembling the seats in house and just sourcing the material from elsewhere.
Could be a completely different supplier - hard to tell.
Crazy that new orders with white seats are now May-June, i.e. your looking at 9 months delivery potentially for a white interior new order.