Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Models Building Soon?

Dec 7, 2019
San Diego, CA
I'm pretty sure it is Q1 that is usually the lowest.

I used to work in the auto business and Q1 is always strong because of company bonuses, early anticipation of tax refunds, job changes, and other needs like that. Q3 was the traditional softest quarter.

But this year is shaping up to be a unique experience all around for everyone.

Last edited:

jsight

Apr 5, 2018
Charleston
I used to work in the auto business and Q1 is always strong because of company bonuses, tax refunds, job changes, and other needs like that.

But this year is shaping up to be a unique experience all around for everyone.

Weird, Tesla sales and market quarter by quarter charts disagree. I can't remember the last time Tesla had a quarter over quarter increase in q1.

Dec 7, 2019
San Diego, CA
Weird, Tesla sales and market quarter by quarter charts disagree. I can't remember the last time Tesla had a quarter over quarter increase in q1.

I was speaking more about the traditional auto market, not specifically Tesla. Its pretty clear they are blowing all the traditional models up. A lot of that is driven by tax incentives too.

Tqdrivenws6

Oct 16, 2020
Ham Lake, MN
My vin just showed up today, 636xx with the M in the model year spot for 2021.

Red LR AWD, no other options. Delivery in MN.

I can update the thread after delivery if there are any changes from the 2020s I've looked at. Not sure exactly when delivery will be at this point.

Double_J

Oct 11, 2020
Ontario
My vin just showed up today, 636xx with the M in the model year spot for 2021.

Red LR AWD, no other options. Delivery in MN.

I can update the thread after delivery if there are any changes from the 2020s I've looked at. Not sure exactly when delivery will be at this point.

I picked a red Y awd as well. I ordered mine last weekend. How long ago did you place your order?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC