Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi @127.0.0.0 that is really bad. You should be at the front of the 19" line. My local Dublin, CA store said they had already delivered their first 19" when I was in on Wednesday, so I wouldn't be surprised if you get yours very soon.

Based on all of the ancient orders here I am not sure thar store actually delivered a 19” wheel car yet. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I posted this on another thread, but here’s something to ponder.

My 1/27 LR 19” order still has the same blank EDD since mid-May. But I made a Plaid order yesterday with the same Blue/Cream/Tempest 19s as my LR and the EDD shows as July. So if that is any indication (and history says Tesla EDDs are questionable at best), 19s are on the way and Plaids will be getting them first. As if we didn’t already know that last part.
Just remember new orders have a $5k or $10k premium over the older ones, MSLR or Plaid. Profit monkey will push newer orders first, fairness monkey would go in order sequence. I think profit monkey can beat up fairness monkey and fairness monkey may be in the hospital.

For those who (like me) feel the non forged 21” Tesla Arachnids at $4500 is high and you want forged options in 21 that are reasonably priced with good styling, you may want to google / check out Ferrada or VSforged or Braxton wheels. Under $3k shipped for a set of 4. (Wheels only).

I been holding steady with August since Thursday. I had August once before and it went blank until now. I may add FSD once I hear about how summons is working. I have enhanced AP on the Model 3 and summons seems a bit clumsy with no confidence.
You will probably get hit with the price increase if you add FSD now. Can always add it later. Unless it goes up by more than $5k between now and delivery, better to wake.

You will probably get hit with the price increase if you add FSD now. Can always add it later. Unless it goes up by more than $5k between now and delivery, better to wake.
Agreed. Buy it after. Yes, you cannot ‘finance’ it with your car. But get some nice credit card points. Or open a 0% account and pay it off before interest starts.

I thought 200 was ONLY coming with some wheel/tire upgrade coming in Fall of 2021

Attachments

• 827DB113-83EA-42F8-923A-7D519D16611B.png
    827DB113-83EA-42F8-923A-7D519D16611B.png
    361.5 KB · Views: 68
Preaching to the choir here, but why do people even choose Arachnids?

Benefits of Arachnids:
- Many people say they look nicer (but that is subjective, I like both equally)
- You will get your car faster (that is really the biggest benefit!)
- better handling at corners?
- Is it better 0..60? Maybe about the same.

Drawbacks:
- Tires wear much faster
- Wheels are more expensive
- Tires are more expensive
- Easy to damage them if you run into pothole
- Significantly worse mileage
- Ride is much rougher
- You need winter and summer tires
- Heavier

Even if Tempest were $5000 more expensive I would have gone with them. What am I missing?

Reactions: MAHahh
Preaching to the choir here, but why do people even choose Arachnids?

Benefits of Arachnids:
- Many people say they look nicer (but that is subjective, I like both equally)
- You will get your car faster (that is really the biggest benefit!)
- better handling at corners?
- Is it better 0..60? Maybe about the same.

Drawbacks:
- Tires wear much faster
- Wheels are more expensive
- Tires are more expensive
- Easy to damage them if you run into pothole
- Significantly worse mileage
- Ride is much rougher
- You need winter and summer tires
- Heavier

Even if Tempest were $5000 more expensive I would have gone with them. What am I missing?
About damaging them easier, the new S 21 tires have weight ratings of 101 front/ 102 rear… compare that to the 19 tires on the old S - those were 98 rated…

the new 21s probably won’t blow

Reactions: cwanja
I went with 19s because I don’t feel that 21s are worth the $4,500 PLUS the value of 19s that’s already included in the car price. I can sell off the 19s and use that money plus maybe add a little more to buy whatever set of rims I want. Looks wise? Do arachnids look better? Well I would have to see the 19s without hub caps first to determine that lol.

Tires are more expensive
Has anyone quantified this? My brother was saying the same I swore I looked at Discount Tire and there was about a $200-$300 difference between the 19s and 21s. So they are marginally different, but the frequency at which you have to replace could be greater with 21s.
Significantly worse mileage
35 miles. That’s what, 8% of a 400 mile battery. Only once did I ever pull into a Supercharger with less than 10% and it was winter with 40° weather. So ‘significant’ seems a bit misleading.

Reactions: Ramphex
Hi @127.0.0.0 that is really bad. You should be at the front of the 19" line. My local Dublin, CA store said they had already delivered their first 19" when I was in on Wednesday, so I wouldn't be surprised if you get yours very soon.
Every SC has a few SAs that are claiming to have delivered at least one 19" config. I find that hard to believe and won't be surprised if one idiot SA started this bullshit story and now all are vomiting it out. I am certain there is no 19" delivered at this point and also there's no hope of one being delivered until mid to late August.

Some serious stuff going on with Tesla Plaid delivery right now as some people are claiming their deliveries have been rescheduled due to unknown reasons. I will not put it past Tesla to deliver unfinished product or them going through some serious shortage of supplies. Of course, Tesla will never admit it or communicate with its customers since that's completely against their policies.

Has anyone quantified this? My brother was saying the same I swore I looked at Discount Tire and there was about a $200-$300 difference between the 19s and 21s. So they are marginally different, but the frequency at which you have to replace could be greater with 21s.

35 miles. That’s what, 8% of a 400 mile battery. Only once did I ever pull into a Supercharger with less than 10% and it was winter with 40° weather. So ‘significant’ seems a bit misleading.
It's actually 42 miles (in case of Plaid) and quite significant if you ask me or anyone who has made long trips during winter or lives in a state where all four seasons are a thing with winters being longer than usual sometimes. Not significant to you but pretty significant to some other folks. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited: