Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, deposits can be refunded, but when I placed my MS order there was no deposit (there was a "non-refundable order fee"). There was a deposit on the CyberTruck. I have previously had a deposit refunding on my initial M3 order a few years ago. Those with MS orders from 2020 may have deposits, but not in 2021.
This being a Model S refreshed thread, I'm only aware of the "non refundable" order fee which acts as the deposit. This amount is deducted from the purchase price at delivery when you get you Mvpa, I think.

Reactions: T-Racer
I think I’m the first…at least the first who posted. And @DukeofURL also has a commitment from his SA/SC. It should not be a surprise , as I was told this was escalated and ultimately approved by corporate.
I took delivery of my MSLR yesterday with the 19" summer tires. I pushed hard for all seasons, and they claim that's how all Model S's with the 19s should come and they were adamant there is nothing to escalate. I pointed to the verbiage within the manual, but the manual was not clear on which Model S should come with summer tires or all seasons. She also pointed out some of the early Model 3 Performance coming with all seasons and folks were upset over that.

• Informative
I took delivery of my MSLR yesterday with the 19" summer tires. I pushed hard for all seasons, and they claim that's how all Model S's with the 19s should come and they were adamant there is nothing to escalate. I pointed to the verbiage within the manual, but the manual was not clear on which Model S should come with summer tires or all seasons. She also pointed out some of the early Model 3 Performance coming with all seasons and folks were upset over that.
Wow, that sucks. It’s also not true! Feel free to use my situation if you want. DM me if you’re interested in my details.

This being a Model S refreshed thread, I'm only aware of the "non refundable" order fee which acts as the deposit. This amount is deducted from the purchase price at delivery when you get you Mvpa, I think.
I don’t believe that is true. My MVOA lists a $100 order fee as an additional charge for the car, not a credit from the amount due.

Reactions: KyleDay
Maybe state specific? Mine doesn't list as a charge, only as a deposit under credits.
1630770352305.jpeg

It will show as a credit on the Purchase Agreement, but it’s also listed as a charge so the credit just shows as payment for the charge. Will be interesting to see if the Purchase Agreement (when I get one) takes that charge off, but I would be surprised if it is removed.

View attachment 705124
It will show as a credit on the Purchase Agreement, but it’s also listed as a charge so the credit just shows as payment for the charge. Will be interesting to see if the Purchase Agreement (when I get one) takes that charge off, but I would be surprised if it is removed.

@Danlbrau
plaid invoice.JPG

Check your actual invoice, specifically line "5B" ($100 credit).

@Danlbrau View attachment 705127

Check your actual invoice, specifically line "5B" ($100 credit).
I stated it would show as a credit. The question is what makes up the $144k “total vehicle price” including options, etc. On my MVOA the order fee is listed as a charge to get to the total vehicle price. I haven’t received a MVPA so I can’t tell if the total price is the same as my MVOA which includes the order fee as a listed item to get to the total.

View attachment 705124
Found the difference. My original order agreement had the $100. After I got my VIN they issued a new order agreement and the fee was not there. Exact same config as yours.

Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 12.03.34 PM.png