Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw the 19s for the first time in person today on a Plaid. They are....not great, but not terrible. Just kind of blah. I definitely agree with the decision to make them dark, but I really, really want to see some analysis for the aerocovers versus say the previous 19" slipstream wheels and how much range you are technically gaining from having them. I know Tesla minimizes their options when ordering, but a separate, non-aerocap 19" wheel would have been great in addition. Even for $2000 more or something.

Saw the 19s for the first time in person today on a Plaid. They are....not great, but not terrible. Just kind of blah. I definitely agree with the decision to make them dark, but I really, really want to see some analysis for the aerocovers versus say the previous 19" slipstream wheels and how much range you are technically gaining from having them. I know Tesla minimizes their options when ordering, but a separate, non-aerocap 19" wheel would have been great in addition. Even for $2000 more or something.

My thoughts exactly. I don’t want 21s due to all the potholes in our area. My neighbors constantly complain about dents and rashes with their low profile rims. Sad that when buying a 100k car you get no choice for 19” rims.

Reactions: cwanja and jebinc
How many people have received MS LR with 19" wheels so far? My EDD is still stuck in the October 8 to October 28 range. Tesla please hurry!
My 19” MSLR is still just a gleam in Elon’s eye. My EDD is Sept. 10-30 although my SA says on his side it’s showing mid to late October. I’m Fremont pickup so there’s a possibility I’ll get it on Sept 30. But of course I’m out of state Sept 21-29 so like this whole process it’s a total cluster#%&@

I've got one coming, my delivery date is now a fixed day and time (next Thursday!), and the car is supposedly on a truck to Texas so that's exciting.
This is really GREAT news for us MS-LR 19" customers. Hopefully the log-jam has been broken so that we can see more of these cars sent out to customers who have been waiting patiently for several months. Will Tesla start shrinking the EDD for us now!

Last edited:
x-post
So, I received those suction cup dent pullers to easily remove the center wheel caps and slapped back on the aeros (aka "Hub Caps") for an upcoming road trip.

hub3.jpg

Attachments

• Hub2.jpg
    Hub2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 53
  • hub1.jpg
    hub1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 46