Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At what point will the Tesla App have something other than the short intro videos?

I know the car won't show up until delivery but do you get access to the referral code, account access, order status, etc., before that?

Would also like to know this- three days away from delivery and it's still the generic "Welcome to the Tesla family" nothing page. For those that have taken delivery, when did your app "go live"?

Related, I'd like to see my stats on how many times I've opened up the app or refreshed my account page prior to delivery. Let me quantify levels of obsession please!

Would also like to know this- three days away from delivery and it's still the generic "Welcome to the Tesla family" nothing page. For those that have taken delivery, when did your app "go live"?

Related, I'd like to see my stats on how many times I've opened up the app or refreshed my account page prior to delivery. Let me quantify levels of obsession please!
Probably for the best if I never get to look at those numbers

The actual app you won’t see anything until you’re about to take delivery of the car. You’ll see it in the app when you’re there at Tesla and until they grant you access to the car, you won’t have control or be able to do anything until you pair your phone to the car.

What was your EDD showing? The car just randomly showed up? 😮
No lol, Original order was 6/20 and EDD dates ranged last week of late September early August. Last week I found a new inventory unit (LR, Blue, Black, 18) which was my same spec order and placed a 2nd order for it. Tesla then swapped that vin over to my original order and the car will be offloaded today to the service center.

No lol, Original order was 6/20 and EDD dates ranged last week of late September early August. Last week I found a new inventory unit (LR, Blue, Black, 18) which was my same spec order and placed a 2nd order for it. Tesla then swapped that vin over to my original order and the car will be offloaded today to the service center.
Thats my exact model as well. WTH New inventory but not assigning VINs to them??

The actual app you won’t see anything until you’re about to take delivery of the car. You’ll see it in the app when you’re there at Tesla and until they grant you access to the car, you won’t have control or be able to do anything until you pair your phone to the car.
Agreed, I had nothing in my app less the referral code (referral code is in tool box on top right) until I clicked accept to my order ( logged into tesla.com, under my order). Then the App showed my car and I could unlock it and look inside.

Dang so that's why my EDD went back to September, you stole my car! 🤪

Jk jk! Congratulations man, hopefully I wont be waiting too much longer down in Houston.

Wow they can swap and you dont need to pay $1000 price difference?

When I took delivery of my SR+ my app went "live" the day of delivery. Then again, everything was very quick (Apr 2020) so there wasn't a lot of time between my $100 deposit and picking up the car.

Reactions: LaneDS
Agreed, I had nothing in my app less the referral code (referral code is in tool box on top right) until I clicked accept to my order ( logged into tesla.com, under my order). Then the App showed my car and I could unlock it and look inside.
I don't even have the tool box yet. In the upper-right is an "X" and tapping that logs me out of the app.

1627493294170.png

When I took delivery of my SR+ my app went "live" the day of delivery. Then again, everything was very quick (Apr 2020) so there wasn't a lot of time between my $100 deposit and picking up the car.

it goes live when you take delivery of the vehicle, or shortly before... unless you are in a state that is not allowed to sell tesla vehicles directly. If you are in such a state, you actually buy the car out of state, then they "ship it to you" so in those specific cases it can go live once you own the car.

For other states where tesla can sell the vehicle, tesla doesnt normally "deliver" the vehicle in their internal systems until you sign for it, or slightly before that.

Reactions: knobnd1
Hey guys… I have ordered a M3 LR, white, black interior, no FSD here in Romania where things are a bit messed up… we only have a pop-up Tesla in Bucharest, with 2 SA coveding the entire country… as you can imagine, they are in over their head and can barely talk to us. They opened store in May this year and allready have more then 150 orders (as I understood about a 3 weeks ago). Initial planned delivery was in September, now we hope for November-December. I asked a friend that went to Washington a week ago to stop by a Tesla and ask a few questions, the guy just told him to check the account for info… in my account there is no information about delivery, just says we will be contacted to arrange delivery dates… I tryed to ask the SA if the cars will come from US or China, answer was: no ideea. They did not deliver any cars for now and they have no ideea when they will start.
Would be of great help if any of you have a good relationship with your SA and if it would be possible to check on the tool they have my order number, any information that would pop up would be greatly appreciated. Just pm me and I’ll send the job number.
Thank you!
🙏🙏🙏

Reactions: oreobbq
Since I can't really get any info from my SA that isn't already available to me through Tesla's site, I'm hoping Saturday morning I'll see the app go live ahead of my 10-12 delivery window as some indication the car is actually going to be delivered, and not rescheduled without communication like that other user in here mentioned (fingers crossed you take delivery on Friday, if you're reading this!). Any sort of indication of being on schedule would be welcome.

Hey guys… I have ordered a M3 LR, white, black interior, no FSD here in Romania where things are a bit messed up… we only have a pop-up Tesla in Bucharest, with 2 SA coveding the entire country… as you can imagine, they are in over their head and can barely talk to us. They opened store in May this year and allready have more then 150 orders (as I understood about a 3 weeks ago). Initial planned delivery was in September, now we hope for November-December. I asked a friend that went to Washington a week ago to stop by a Tesla and ask a few questions, the guy just told him to check the account for info… in my account there is no information about delivery, just says we will be contacted to arrange delivery dates… I tryed to ask the SA if the cars will come from US or China, answer was: no ideea. They did not deliver any cars for now and they have no ideea when they will start.
Would be of great help if any of you have a good relationship with your SA and if it would be possible to check on the tool they have my order number, any information that would pop up would be greatly appreciated. Just pm me and I’ll send the job number.
Thank you!
🙏🙏🙏

Hey welcome, it'd be great to hear your impressions about taking delivery and owning a Tesla in Romania. I think your best bet is to email Tesla directly.

Good relationship with my SA? I wish. I am highly concerned at this time since I haven't heard from him in quite a while. Thinking of filing a missing person's report in fact. If anyone has any idea what he looks like please send a photo so we can get it on a milk carton asap. Last seen deleting my emails and taking a nap in the gallery lounge.

To be honest, although we only have 2 guys here acting as SA, they are taking calls and responding to email if you insist, but they have no info for us… there are a few Teslas on the streets of Romania, I have a friend here that actually swapped his 2019 Model S for a 2021 Model 3. To skip the line he bought it SH from Germany, with 400 kilometers onboard and with a premium ok 8000 eur over the Tesla price (without incentives) just because he did not want to wait…
Since they opened the pop-up store in May, they installed the first 4 SuperCarger stations, with one more planned. bigges problem is service. The closest one used to be in Vienna, Austria… I understand they have one in Budapest, Hungary… a bit closer. At the opening press conference they said we will also have a service in Bucharest by September… still no info on it. Some of the people that ordered think they will nit deliver until they open the service shop, and it would make sense… but who knows? My incentive expires in 7 months and a half, if I will not have a car delivered by then I will loose it and have to wait 6 months to reapply. Tesla knows this because they blocked the amount half a month ago with the approvals I got from the state.

And the saga (sadly) continues...
Today marks day 101 since I ordered my Blue M3 LR.
Last Saturday was my pickup day. The delivery location called me to tell me the car was ready. About 10 minutes later they called again and stated they discovered some paint smear on the hood and it would be another 2-3 weeks. My wife and I drove down (45min trip) to the delivery center to see the car for ourselves and they said the car had already gone to the body shop. (seems to me like they sold my car right out from under me - will know if they change the VIN when I actually get "my" car.) At least they saw my desperation and they put me in one of their demo cars (MY LR) until my car is ready.
I WANT MY CAR!!
There is a blue in inventory right now!!! Hurry!!

And the saga (sadly) continues...
Today marks day 101 since I ordered my Blue M3 LR.
Last Saturday was my pickup day. The delivery location called me to tell me the car was ready. About 10 minutes later they called again and stated they discovered some paint smear on the hood and it would be another 2-3 weeks. My wife and I drove down (45min trip) to the delivery center to see the car for ourselves and they said the car had already gone to the body shop. (seems to me like they sold my car right out from under me - will know if they change the VIN when I actually get "my" car.) At least they saw my desperation and they put me in one of their demo cars (MY LR) until my car is ready.
I WANT MY CAR!!
Wouldn't you rather be assigned another VIN? Otherwise you are getting a "new" car that has already had paint work done on it.

Reactions: wdluhn