Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although the updated San Francisco port schedule* has not yet been published I am told that the latest amendment to it will be the deletion of MONZA and RCC EUROPE from it.
This is pretty unusual, even for Tesla, at this stage in the quarter.
It suggests some major changes to planned production schedules have taken place.
At the moment there are no further shipments scheduled for July from Pier 80.

* UPDATE: Now published here

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Although the updated San Francisco port schedule has not yet been published I am told that the latest amendment to it will be the deletion of MONZA and RCC EUROPE from it.
This is pretty unusual, even for Tesla, at this stage in the quarter.
It suggests some major changes to planned production schedules have taken place.
At the moment there are no further shipments scheduled for July from Pier 80.
This doesn't affect the UK orders though does it with all of ours coming from Shanghai?

Today I thought I’d give a quick update of where geographically the current 4 ships of interest are located.

CARMEN Should arrive in Zeebrugge on 2 Aug - "may have" Tesla cargo onboard.
GLOVIS SUPERIOR - Just ship of interest at the moment. Will arrive at Suez on 28 Jul.
HOEGH OSLO Should arrive in Zeebrugge on 14 Aug - "has" some Tesla cargo onboard.
PAGNA Should arrive in Southampton on 13 Aug "has" some Tesla cargo onboard.

Screenshot 2021-07-13 at 14.09.20.png

Additionally, we have my previously tipped suspects:
HELIOS RAY - Currently anchored off Shanghai waiting to load
GLOVIS SYMPHONY - Currently in S Korea but may head to Shanghai next.

None of the ships are near any severe weather systems at the moment.

Last edited:
Was just on the phone with Tesla about trade in stuff but asked about estimated delivery date. They said they were looking at 2nd week in September now but an inventory car would be quicker to which I said mine was an inventory order which had an estimated date late August and that seemed to confuse them.

Mine is a LR in White and guessing on the first shipment but I got the impression they didn’t really know so who knows where I stand.

Was just on the phone with Tesla about trade in stuff but asked about estimated delivery date. They said they were looking at 2nd week in September now but an inventory car would be quicker to which I said mine was an inventory order which had an estimated date late August and that seemed to confuse them.

Mine is a LR in White and guessing on the first shipment but I got the impression they didn’t really know so who knows where I stand.
They probably mean "inventory" as in it's already in the UK and at a Tesla centre somewhere. Cars which are in inventory but "in transit" are still on a ship somewhere I believe so you're effectively picking a car that's already on the way with other orders.

Reactions: Doggydogworld
...I wonder whether the delay to Berlin coming online has thrown a spanner in the works?
At the moment we have Shanghai expansion, Berlin delayed until year end or later, Austin appearing to have rapid completion for some production around October or so and major changes in Model Y battery pack volumes sourced from CATL. Much of those are either just ahead of plans or well behind. Since shipping arrangements are also difficult and port congestion a large inhibitor... we have a long list fo uncertainties. For that combination of reasons I suspect the Europe-bound shipments as well as the UK are most likely to be Shanghai-sourced for at least another three months.

We also have the Model S, Model X and 4680 issues complicating all planning.

It is no wonder that shipping schedules are in disarray. Under these circumstances I have little confidence in any delivery forecasting, including my own order.

They probably mean "inventory" as in it's already in the UK and at a Tesla centre somewhere. Cars which are in inventory but "in transit" are still on a ship somewhere I believe so you're effectively picking a car that's already on the way with other orders.
Yeah that’s what I guessed the in transit meant but I think I’m reading too many horror stories about delayed deliveries and my account just saying we’ll be in touch to arrange delivery getting me concerned😧Probably unnecessarily 🤣

I ordered a second M3P today which was on inventory so I was able to check the manufacturing codes. It states COFR instead of CONL. So I assume there will be ships going to LeHavre (France). Do we have them on watch? I was only checking out those to Zeebrugge and Southhampton.
Greetings
If you are in Germany I'm not sure why your first car has a Dutch country code. I believe this code is meant to be the destination country rather than country of importation.

There were a number of ships that have dropped off cars at Koopmans in Amsterdam:
GLOVIS COURAGE 23 Sep 19
GRAND PIONEER 5 Nov 19
GLOVIS COSMOS 29 Nov 19
RCC EUROPE 20 Dec 19
GRAND AURORA 1 Dec 20
TANNHAUSER (LRW) 8 Dec 20
LYDDEN 18 Dec 20
Could your car have been on one of those ships? (Unlikely to have been TANNNHAUSER)

I'm not sure why your second car has a French country code as Germany has it's own code - CODE!

In any case I am watching for ships calling at Le Havre - we had one last quarter but all those cars were destined for France.

again some info from my Tesla Rep today my Car (M3 LRW, delivery 03.8/15.8 Germany) has left Shanghai on the 4 July (he knows the ship but said he is not allowed to tell me)....
The HOEGH TARGET left SHG at 4th July

1626252598185.png

actually on its way to Port Sudan

1626252886142.png

Think the destination is simply a port off the Suez Canal, so of no significance. For me, the first ship coming to Europe.

Greets

again some info from my Tesla Rep today my Car (M3 LRW, delivery 03.8/15.8 Germany) has left Shanghai on the 4 July (he knows the ship but said he is not allowed to tell me)....
That's a shame he couldn't tell you.
There is a ship that left on 4 Jul but that will arrive in Zeebrugge on 8 Aug (it was originally scheduled for 11 Aug)
The other possibility is GLOVIS SUPERIOR which if heading for Zeebrugge could arrive on 6 Aug.
There were some other reports of a ship being scheduled to arrive in early August but I suspect GLOVIS SUPERIOR is running 3-4 days behind the originally planned schedule because of port congestion in Shanghai and therefore could be the one. She didn't actually leave Shanghai until 8 Jul.

Status
Not open for further replies.