Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LAKE FUXIAN continues to make good progress across the Atlantic.
She has enjoyed smooth sailing so far but there is a possibility of it becoming a little lumpy from Wednesday onwards.
Her ETA for Zeebrugge is 22 May

Fuxian Atlantic.png

GLOVIS CHORUS had a very smooth transit of the Panama Canal yesterday.
She is now in the Caribbean heading for the Mona passage.
She has still not updated her AIS with her destination and ETA.
My estimate for her arrival in Zeebrugge is around 27 May.

Chorus Caribbean.png

GLOVIS CENTURY is about 250 NM off the Mexican Baja California coast making just over 15kts.
I currently estimate that her arrival in Zeebrugge will be around 5 Jun
Having said that I am hopeful (from seeing her future commitments) we may see a fast Atlantic crossing from her that may bring that forward at least 1 day.

The GLOVIS CENTURY competition is open - ENTER HERE

GL CENTURY Pac.png

GLOVIS SUN will arrive from Shanghai at the Suez Canal on Tuesday.
She is now heading north through the Red Sea
My ETA for her in Zeebrugge is 28 May and possibly Southampton around 31 May.
The Zeebrugge Port Schedule is still showing her arriving there on 4 Jun.

GL SUN to Suez.png

LAKE GENEVA is enroute to Suez with an ETA of 27 May.
She is currently maintaining 17kts about 50 NM off the south east coast of Sri Lanka.
The weather ahead of her is going to be OK - just a little choppy for the next couple of days.
I estimate that she will arrive at Zeebrugge around 6 Jun.

Geneva to Suez.png

HYPERION RAY is the ship that I believe will be coming to Southampton.
She is routing non-stop to Suez and is currently enjoying excellent weather in the South China Sea making just over 15kts.
I expect her to arrive in Southampton around 8 Jun.

Hyp Ray S China Sea.png

One of the above 3 ships from Shanghai will probably be scheduled to call in at Ashdod, Israel - if conditions allow.

Although the HOEGH OSAKA will depart Shanghai later today and will arrive in Southampton on 17 Jun I do not believe she has any Tesla cargo.
Finally, two ships are off the watch list:
MORNING PROSPERITY and TORONTO are no longer of any interest.

Satellite data supplied courtesy of marinetraffic

She has enjoyed smooth sailing so far but there is a possibility of it becoming a little lumpy from Wednesday onwards.
Her ETA for Zeebrugge is 22 May

View attachment 662779

GLOVIS CHORUS had a very smooth transit of the Panama Canal yesterday.
She is now in the Caribbean heading for the Mona passage.
She has still not updated her AIS with her destination and ETA.
My estimate for her arrival in Zeebrugge is around 27 May.

View attachment 662780

GLOVIS CENTURY is about 250 NM off the Mexican Baja California coast making just over 15kts.
Having said that I am hopeful (from seeing her future commitments) we may see a fast Atlantic crossing from her that may bring that forward at least 1 day.

View attachment 662781

GLOVIS SUN will arrive from Shanghai at the Suez Canal on Tuesday.
She is now heading north through the Red Sea

View attachment 662782

She is currently maintaining 17kts about 50 NM off the south east coast of Sri Lanka.
The weather ahead of her is going to be OK - just a little choppy for the next couple of days.

View attachment 662784
She is routing non-stop to Suez and is currently enjoying excellent weather in the South China Sea making just over 15kts.

View attachment 662785

One of the above 3 ships from Shanghai will probably be scheduled to call in at Ashdod, Israel - if conditions allow.

Although the HOEGH OSAKA will depart Shanghai later today and will arrive in Southampton on 17 Jun I do not believe she has any Tesla cargo.
Finally, two ships are off the watch list:
MORNING PROSPERITY and TORONTO are no longer of any interest.

@Mr Miserable Tesla GB have advised that the Hyperion Ray will be Carrying the M3Ps and is due in Southampton on 12th June. This would probably mean a stop in Ashdod...

hi
gran bretagna is schedule to arrive to israel on 29.5
do you know if m3p and lr are on it?

thanks
Sorry but I have no idea.
Are the M3P and LR coming from the USA or China?
If they are coming from the USA then it's very likely that they will be delivered by a Grimaldi scheduled service from Antwerp however judging by the large number of sales I suspect they may be supplied from China.
At the moment I have not yet identified if there is a shipment inbound to Ashdod from China. In view of the current situation I would be very surprised if a ship filled with Tesla's would call at Ashdod. It's more likely that the ship will drop off the Israeli cars at a suitable port where they can be crossloaded onto to a Grimaldi vessel.

Good morning (9am in Central Europe) and 2 questions to @Mr Miserable:

1. Do you have any info if there is a "last minute ship" from NYO this quarter?
2. And your opinion on my guess, that there is a last ship from Shanghai should start this week? 🙄
Arrival in Zeebrugge would be around 18-20 June. Unfortunately I have no idea which ship this could be. 😥
Checking the Shanghai-Tesla-Pier daily, no other idea what to do to found a Name! "very sad ..."

Greets from German TFF-Forum ...

Good morning (9am in Central Europe) and 2 questions to @Mr Miserable:

1. Do you have any info if there is a "last minute ship" from NYO this quarter?
2. And your opinion on my guess, that there is a last ship from Shanghai should start this week? 🙄
Arrival in Zeebrugge would be around 18-20 June. Unfortunately I have no idea which ship this could be. 😥
Checking the Shanghai-Tesla-Pier daily, no other idea what to do to found a Name! "very sad ..."

Greets from German TFF-Forum ...
I'm pretty confident that GLOVIS COUNTESS will be the last ship from Pier 80 to Zeebrugge this quarter.
I'm not sure that we will see the 'bonus' ship from New York this quarter but nevertheless I'll keep a look out for one.
As you suggest this week is the last week for a possible departure from Shanghai to Europe and I'm keeping my eyes open for suspects.
I'm not sure whether DONG A GLAUCOS will take up the baton but I have my eye on her at the moment.

Reactions: nova56
I'm pretty confident that GLOVIS COUNTESS will be the last ship from Pier 80 to Zeebrugge this quarter.
I'm not sure that we will see the 'bonus' ship from New York this quarter but nevertheless I'll keep a look out for one.
As you suggest this week is the last week for a possible departure from Shanghai to Europe and I'm keeping my eyes open for suspects.
I'm not sure whether DONG A GLAUCOS will take up the baton but I have my eye on her at the moment.
The GLAUCOS has been moored in a Chinese port for almost 2 weeks. Looks like a major inspection or maintenance? 🤔

The GLAUCOS has been moored in a Chinese port for almost 2 weeks. Looks like a major inspection or maintenance? 🤔
Yes but she is due to depart soon and is operating in Europe at the end of next month.
RoRo's unlike other ships cannot do routine husbandry like painting while 'on the job'.
Painting in the vicinity of new cars is just an accident waiting to happen!
This is why RoRo's can often look like rustbuckets in comparison to other vessels - they have to be taken out of service to do many of the routine husbandry tasks like painting.

I mentioned yesterday that there was some weather ahead of her from Wednesday onwards and the good news is that she has altered course already to avoid the worst of it. This is very pleasing to see. Since she is a couple of days away from meeting the weather she only needed to make a small alteration to her course to make the difference. She will pass just north of the Azores and then probably head towards the Bay Of Biscay keeping well south of the weather as it sweeps towards southern Ireland.
She has time in hand too.
Her ETA for Zeebrugge is 22 May and the Zeebrugge port schedule is in agreement.

Fuxian Atlantic.png

GLOVIS CHORUS is averaging about 17 kts as she crosses the Caribbean.
She will enter the Atlantic via the Mona Passage later today. The weather looks fine.
The Mona Passage is the gap between the Dominican Republic to the west and Puerto Rico to the east.
On the Atlantic side lies the Puerto Rico Trench which is about 8000m deep whereas in the passage it's only about 100m deep.
On the Caribbean side it's about 1000m deep. Additionally, there is a significant current that runs from south to north.
This 'shallowness' in the passage can be responsible for some pretty treacherous seas with some horrendously big waves.
It's not something that is too much of a concern for big ships but for smaller vessels the 'dreaded' Mona Passage has a fearsome reputation and navigating it is something that needs careful advanced planning and respect.
It is also the site of a significant British victory in 1782 when British and French warships engaged there.
Her ETA in Zeebrugge is 27 May.

Chorus Caribbean.png

GLOVIS CENTURY continues down the Mexican Baja California coast making just over 15kts.
The weather is fine at the moment but later in the week she will encounter some large swells which she can’t avoid.
(A swell is a wave that has been caused by weather hundreds of miles away)

From looking at the entries so far, this could be a close fought competition! Amazingly everybody has chosen different minor squares so far but they are all in the same general area! The winner will be the person who chooses the closest minor square first - so enter now if you haven’t already!

GL CENTURY Pac.png

The next ship to arrive at Pier 80 will be GLOVIS COUNTESS.
She is due alongside on Wednesday, but I suspect that she won't pitch up until Thursday.
I strongly suspect this will be the final ship of the quarter to leave for Europe from Pier 80.
It’s hard to give an estimate for her arrival in Zeebrugge since loading at Pier 80 is taking so much longer at present but I will take a stab at around 14/15 Jun.

GLOVIS SUN will arrive from Shanghai at Suez tomorrow night and I expect will transit the canal on Wednesday
She is currently heading north through the Red Sea in excellent weather conditions.

GL SUN to Suez.png

She is currently maintaining 16kts about 100 NM off the south west coast of India
I mentioned yesterday that she will find the seas a little choppier now but she is heading in to an area of frequent thunderstorms with some very heavy rain. It’s not much of a problem but visibility will be significantly reduced in the torrential rain.

Geneva to Suez.png

She is routing non-stop to Suez and is currently enjoying excellent weather in the South China Sea making just over 17kts.

Hyp Ray S China Sea.png

One of the above 3 ships from Shanghai may be scheduled to call in at Ashdod, Israel - if conditions allow.
Another ship off the watch list is HAMBURG HIGHWAY. There are no ships remaining on the watch list.

Hello All - good afternoon. I am new to the forum. I have been using this forum for a while though so thanks to everyone who has been posting and thanks to @Mr Miserable for the ship tracking information. I have got some questions:
  • My VIN has been changed from what was provided Thursday last week LRW3F7EB1MC236... to LRW3F7EB7MC218... When I called Tesla and asked why, they gave some odd excuse about the other car not being fit for purpose or there are some issue with it etc... Looking at the VIN, the last 6 digits are less than the one for the previous VIN, does that mean I could get the car quicker or is this very common?
  • I pressed them on the date for the car arriving - they got a bit 'shirty' with me but said the car was not on the Glovis Sun. They did say that the car should be arriving in the UK 1st week of June and that it looks like it will be a day earlier than planned. What ship could that be if it is not the Glovis Sun?

Hello All - good afternoon. I am new to the forum. I have been using this forum for a while though so thanks to everyone who has been posting and thanks to @Mr Miserable for the ship tracking information. I have got some questions:
  • My VIN has been changed from what was provided Thursday last week LRW3F7EB1MC236... to LRW3F7EB7MC218... When I called Tesla and asked why, they gave some odd excuse about the other car not being fit for purpose or there are some issue with it etc... Looking at the VIN, the last 6 digits are less than the one for the previous VIN, does that mean I could get the car quicker or is this very common?
  • I pressed them on the date for the car arriving - they got a bit 'shirty' with me but said the car was not on the Glovis Sun. They did say that the car should be arriving in the UK 1st week of June and that it looks like it will be a day earlier than planned. What ship could that be if it is not the Glovis Sun?
No I dont think the early VIN will make a difference, they are all on the HYPERION RAY from my understanding

I don't know what else your car would be on if it's not onboard GLOVIS SUN.
It could be that the GLOVIS SUN is not coming to Southampton and the cars will be brought from Zeebrugge on another ship. (It's happened before)
That could explain why Mr Shirty is adamant your car is not coming into Southampton on the GLOVIS SUN.
At the end of the day, your car is on the GLOVIS SUN at the moment.
Quite what ship it will arrive into Southampton on is anyone's guess at the moment. I should get good idea at least a week before your car arrives.
I should know whether GLOVIS SUN is coming to Southampton before then though.
Thanks for posting this - we shall see what happens!

From other threads, I thought VINs 218xxx, 219xxx etc were on the first ship this quarter, so I'd have thought that car is already in the UK, hence why it's not on GLOVIS SUN.
But it doesn't make sense that they're telling you it doesn't arrive until June, unless they just don't have availability to deliver it to you until then.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
I don't know what else your car would be on if it's not onboard GLOVIS SUN.
It could be that the GLOVIS SUN is not coming to Southampton and the cars will be brought from Zeebrugge on another ship. (It's happened before)
That could explain why Mr Shirty is adamant your car is not coming into Southampton on the GLOVIS SUN.
At the end of the day, your car is on the GLOVIS SUN at the moment.
Quite what ship it will arrive into Southampton on is anyone's guess at the moment. I should get good idea at least a week before your car arrives.
I should know whether GLOVIS SUN is coming to Southampton before then though.
Thanks for posting this - we shall see what happens!
Thanks @Mr Miserable

From other threads, I thought VINs 218xxx, 219xxx etc were on the first ship this quarter, so I'd have thought that car is already in the UK, hence why it's not on GLOVIS SUN.
But it doesn't make sense that they're telling you it doesn't arrive until June, unless they just don't have availability to deliver it to you until then.
Guess who was right!!! I have just received a text - 29th May delivery literally this minute! Kudos @rgfsr - Kudos my friend!! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.