Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread and my first post!

I'm an Irish Model 3 LR Reservation holder from last July. Gave them a ring this morning and they still haven't assigned me a VIN. He didn't know the logistics of getting the cars to Ireland but said they may be shipped direct from Zeebrugge.

Great thread and my first post!

I'm an Irish Model 3 LR Reservation holder from last July. Gave them a ring this morning and they still haven't assigned me a VIN. He didn't know the logistics of getting the cars to Ireland but said they may be shipped direct from Zeebrugge.

This was answered earlier in the thread and unfortunately its uncertain at this point in time as I'm in the same Boat :))

"I was dreading the Brexit question, it is the elephant in the room, however I don't have a clue what will happen.
As far as Ireland is concerned I would imagine cars will be shipped direct to Dublin from Zeebrugge."

GLOVIS CAPTAIN is making good progress at just under 18kts towards Panama. She is about 25 miles off the coast of Mexico and is already about halfway down the Baja California peninsula. There are no weather concerns. I'm expecting her to transit the Panama Canal in the early hours of 25 Jan and arrive in Zeebrugge around 6 Feb.

Do enter the GLOVIS CAPTAIN competition. It's free! Click HERE to enter.

G CAPTAIN PacProg Q121.png

RCC AMSTERDAM is alongside Pier 80 and I believe the chartering formalities only were conducted yesterday in preparation of loading to commence today. She is due to depart late tomorrow evening. I have yet to determine her destination but I strongly believe it will be to the Far East.

HORIZON LEADER will be the next ship to Europe and she looks as though she is on schedule to arrive at Pier 80 by Friday. (following a stop in Hueneme on Wednesday and possibly Benicia on Thursday).

I have yet to spot any likely Tesla shipments to Europe from Shanghai.

No allocation yet from LR ordered 24th Dec, so not in Glovis captain... hopefully in next one Horizon Leader... (or maybe Glovis Companion if truly as told end LRs arriving end Feb...)

Not sure it’s a given your car isn’t in Glovis Captain. I ordered in July and no allocation yet, but I fully expect my car to be delivered in the first batch (i.e. Glovis Captain).

Tesla told me on phone this morning that RHD won’t be allocated until arrival in Europe due to Brexit uncertainty

• Informative
Reactions: EricVet
If, for arguments sake, a ship from Shanghai were to arrive in Zeebrugge with a bunch of M3P's in the last week of April (for May delivery in GB). Am I correct in thinking we would expect to see that ship depart Shanghai sometime in the last few days of March?

If, for arguments sake, a ship from Shanghai were to arrive in Zeebrugge with a bunch of M3P's in the last week of April (for May delivery in GB). Am I correct in thinking we would expect to see that ship depart Shanghai sometime in the last few days of March?
Unlikely to depart before end of March (Quarter end). A Tesla vessel will route direct to Zeebrugge so you are looking at 29 days or so. Add in the fact that the cars have to be manufactured and transported to the dock, I would say there is zero chance of a ship arriving in April from Shanghai. Mid to late May would be more likely.

GLOVIS CAPTAIN continues to make good progress towards Panama covering 399.5nm in the last 24hrs. She is presently about 45 miles SW of Cabo San Lucas. There are no weather concerns. I’m expecting her to transit the Panama Canal in the early hours of 25 Jan and arrive in Zeebrugge around 6 Feb.

I’m a little discouraged to note only about 18 entries so far in the GLOVIS CAPTAIN competition, which is about a third of what I would expect to see at this stage. The good news is that every entry so far has chosen a unique bit of ocean. The other good news is that the ‘judging’ will now be calculated by computer and so I no longer need to get my dividers out and the results can be posted almost instantly. This is something I have wanted to do for sometime and the down period (of no ships) earlier this month allowed me the time to tweak my Excel skills and produce a spreadsheet that, if I may say, I am rather proud of. So please enter, if only to humour me! The competition will close as soon as the ship enters the Panama Canal.

G CAPTAIN PacProg Q121.png

RCC AMSTERDAM is alongside Pier 80 and a usually reliable source tells me she is due to depart later today at around 6pm local (2am UK time) I have yet to determine her destination but I strongly believe it will be to the Far East.

HORIZON LEADER will be the next ship to Europe and she remains on schedule to arrive at Pier 80 by Friday. I have her pencilled in to arrive in Zeebrugge around 16 Feb.

Not all the ships heading to Zeebrugge will necessarily make a subsequent visit to Southampton, but if they do (and most do) it will be about 2 to 3 days after arriving in Zeebrugge. We won’t know for sure whether a ship is going to call in at Southampton until the ship is about 2 to 3 days out from arriving in Zeebrugge.

Yesterday I mentioned that I have yet to spot any likely Tesla shipments to Europe from Shanghai however I should point out that I have already identified a couple of ships that have yet to arrive there that are of interest, TORONTO and MORNING CAPO. TORONTO will be the first to arrive in Shanghai on 26 Jan with MORNING CAPO arriving there on 2 Feb. It can be seen from other posts that the indications are that the UK won’t receive its first Shanghai shipment until probably late May however at the moment it still looks like EU will receive 2 shipments this quarter. Whereas last quarter it was just SR+ models the rumour is that LR models will join them this quarter.
We shall see....

Status
Not open for further replies.