Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Norway, the dockside in Drammen has now been finally cleared of Model 3s. A ship has arrived from Zeebrugge today however I would be very surprised if it had any Tesla's onboard. Next influx will not be until mid May at the earliest.
Looks like new registrations for Model 3's in Norway have basically come to a stop. Just some trickling in. Using Registreringer av nye elbiler i Norge to check. Anyone know what kind of lag that has or is that accessing some public API Norway has that is real time. Looks like Q1 will beat last year Q1 by about 1K units.

Norway numbers are real time. They have slowed down a bit early for a last month of quarter. Only a few days with over a 100. Even Sweden has had larger (slightly) numbers some days which is very unusual. I'm thinking (hoping) the UK will be the star of Europe this month.
France will probably be the leader in Europe. Price cuts have enabled state bonuses until end of the year - especially for the SR+ that now gets 7000 euros off until end of June, then 6000 euros off until end of year.

some regions also offer additional bonus for electric cars (my region offers 5000 euros on top of the government bonus) hence demand is extremely high here in France.
As an example, 1250 vehicles were delivered all over France in February but just the month of March saw ONE servic centre in southern France chalking up 1200 vehicles delivered.

The next quarter is expected to be crazy numbers as well

Looks like new registrations for Model 3's in Norway have basically come to a stop. Just some trickling in. Using Registreringer av nye elbiler i Norge to check. Anyone know what kind of lag that has or is that accessing some public API Norway has that is real time. Looks like Q1 will beat last year Q1 by about 1K units.
updated daily for NL, Nor, Esp - monthly for most other European nations - Electric Vehicle registrations in Europe: 11 countries, 80+% of BEV market

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Well here we are in Q2 already after a bumper Q1 (according to Tesla).
I'm now closely monitoring ship movements out of Shanghai but quite frankly I'm not expecting anything of interest heading for the UK for at least another week. At least. The Suez Canal should be back to normal operations with no delays by the time the 1st MIC shipment arrive off Suez. (Delay at the moment seems to have reduced to about 4 days)

Over in California however the export production will be at full swing and next week I expect transporters to be stocking Pier 80 for the 1st ship of Q2.
I can exclusively reveal that this will be GLOVIS COUNTESS. You heard it here first!
I don't know the dates or her destination at the moment but I am led to believe she will be alongside next weekend.

Last edited:
Just a reminder for anyone who is new to this part of the Tesla adventure!
You will have ordered your car and then will hear nothing else from Tesla for weeks. This thread will give you an idea of when to expect delivery by knowing exactly where the ships carrying Teslas are.
Today, 3 April, there are no ships carrying Teslas at sea, but that will change in the coming weeks. Nevertheless if you are in EU/UK do not expect delivery of a new Tesla in April unless it is a car that is in stock. The first ships will not arrive until May.
If you are in the UK, I am expecting your car to be shipped from Shanghai to Southampton.
If you are in Europe, I expect your car to be shipped from California (Pier 80) to Zeebrugge.

Reactions: 2021_M3P
Just a reminder for anyone who is new to this part of the Tesla adventure!
You will have ordered your car and then will hear nothing else from Tesla for weeks. This thread will give you an idea of when to expect delivery by knowing exactly where the ships carrying Teslas are.
Today, 3 April, there are no ships carrying Teslas at sea, but that will change in the coming weeks. Nevertheless if you are in EU/UK do not expect delivery of a new Tesla in April unless it is a car that is in stock. The first ships will not arrive until May.
If you are in the UK, I am expecting your car to be shipped from Shanghai to Southampton.
If you are in Europe, I expect your car to be shipped from California (Pier 80) to Zeebrugge.

Waiting in anticipation and hope, for news of the first RHD M3 Performance MIC cars shipping from Shanghai to Southampton... fingers crossed for news in the next week or two - it has been a long wait !! Might give our Tesla account manager a push on Tuesday to see what information I can find out... and of course pass that on to your good self, if it is of any use.

GLOVIS COUNTESS is currently enroute to Benicia (across the other side of San Francisco Bay) to drop off her remaining cargo. She is due to arrive there tomorrow morning. There isn't much to unload and so the plan is for her to move alongside Pier 80 as early as tomorrow evening in preparation for loading to commence on Tuesday. I am led to believe that this may be a day or two earlier than Tesla initially expected the ship.

GLOVIS COUNTESS is currently enroute to Benicia (across the other side of San Francisco Bay) to drop off her remaining cargo. She is due to arrive there tomorrow morning. There isn't much to unload and so the plan is for her to move alongside Pier 80 as early as tomorrow evening in preparation for loading to commence on Tuesday. I am led to believe that this may be a day or two earlier than Tesla initially expected the ship.
Here's hoping our ship to the UK is early carrying our long awaited M3P 🤞

Reactions: Dazguy
Sounds like good news for me. My order for M3 LR for delivery in the Netherlands went through last week, so hopefully it will be on GLOVIUS COUNTESS. 🤞🏻

Saturday's plan for GLOVIS COUNTESS did not survive long with a number of issues arising that resulted in her arrival at Benicia having to be delayed. The end result is that she cannot be unloaded at Benicia until tomorrow (Tuesday).
The latest plan, which is yet to be confirmed by all the parties, is for her to come alongside Benicia later this evening in preparation for unloading tomorrow morning. Then, tomorrow evening she will move across to Pier 80 in preparation to commence loading there on Wednesday. This revised plan should still be OK with Tesla since apparently this was when they originally expected the ship to arrive. The ship is currently waiting patiently off the coast. I have still to determine her destination.

I doubt a RORO can get through here, so not completely off topic
1617638934511.png

I doubt a RORO can get through here, so not completely off topic
View attachment 651092

No You are correct - most RoRo's are 32m wide whereas the Corinth Canal is 21m wide at its narrowest. The ship pictured going through is the BRAEMAR which is just 22.5m wide. So how did she get safely through? It's a good story but not for here!

The San Francisco Port Schedule has been updated!
It confirms GLOVIS COUNTESS but also adds RCC TIANJIN and GLOVIS COSMOS too.
The RCC TIANJIN is a smaller vessel than a standard RoRo and so I wouldn't expect her to do the Zeebrugge run. She is running 24 hours behind schedule at the moment but should still be able to make it to Pier 80 for the 10 April if her unloading goes well. I expect she will be heading to the Far East.
GLOVIS COSMOS on the other hand is almost a regular on the Zeebrugge run.
Dates on the SF port schedule have been a bit iffy in the past and so I wouldn't swear by them.

GLOVIS COUNTESS is now entering the SF Bay and heading for Benicia. The plan remains for her to move alongside Pier 80 around this time tomorrow evening.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABCTG
I have yet to determine the destination of GLOVIS COUNTESS but I don't think she is coming to Europe.
The rumour is that there is very little on Pier 80 for her to pickup and that she may depart as early as tomorrow (Wednesday).
We'll soon find out...

As I mentioned yesterday I think RCC TIANJIN is a little on the small side for a Zeebrugge run and so I would be surprised if she heads to the EU either.

GLOVIS COSMOS however I think is highly likely to be heading for Zeebrugge and I have pencilled her in for an arrival around 7 May.

Status
Not open for further replies.