Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GLOVIS COSMOS continues to make excellent progress across the Atlantic on her great circle course at around 17kts.
She is presently about 450NM WSW of the Isles of Scilly and she should become visible to land based AIS receivers tomorrow afternoon as she approaches the English Channel.
I have no weather concerns for the rest of her voyage, a little choppy perhaps tonight and tomorrow but nothing that should delay her.
She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on Sunday afternoon.

View attachment 660158

LAKE FUXIAN has left the Mexican coast behind and is now about 230 NM off the coast of El Salvador.
Her speed however has dropped to below 17kts and, by my maths, she has fallen a little behind schedule if she is to arrive at the canal entrance tomorrow night (local).
It could be that she has received her canal transit slot and is aiming to minimise her time at anchor at the entrance but if that is the case she may have a late Sunday afternoon transit instead of the more usual early mornings slot.
My ETA for her arrival in Zeebrugge is currently around 21 May.

A reminder that the LAKE FUXIAN competition is open - CLICK HERE to enter! It’s free and very simple to enter. All you have to do is guess where LAKE FUXIAN will be on 14 May. Take a look.

View attachment 660159
GLOVIS CHORUS finally departed Pier 80 last night for the Panama Canal with an ETA there of 14 May.
She is not hanging around and is making over 18kts as she heads down the Pacific coast.
I estimate her arrival in Zeebrugge will be around 27 May

The GLOVIS CHORUS competition is actually already open - the formal opening post to follow later today.
View attachment 660160

RCC AFRICA is carrying LHD Model 3's to EU from Shanghai .
She is currently in the Mediterranean off the coast of Algeria making around 15kts.
The weather for her continues to look fine for the moment but she may have a lumpy Bay of Biscay to look forward to next week.
Her ETA in Zeebrugge is next Wednesday, 12 May

View attachment 660161

GLOVIS SUN is bound for the Suez Canal with an ETA there of 18 May.
She has left the Straits of Malacca behind and has rounded the Banda Aceh peninsula and is now heading for a point off the south coast of Sri Lanka.
My ETA for her in Zeebrugge is 28 May and possibly Southampton around 31 May.
The Zeebrugge Port Schedule is showing her arriving there on 4 Jun.

View attachment 660162

LAKE GENEVA finally departed Shanghai after being alongside for 36 hrs (an eternity in Shanghai!) enroute to Suez with an ETA of 27 May.
This ETA is a little unambitious in my opinion and so, although she hasn’t declared it, I wouldn’t be surprised to see her make a fuel stop off Singapore around 12 May.
I estimate that she will arrive at Zeebrugge around 6 Jun.

View attachment 660163

GRAND VISION also departed Shanghai enroute to Singapore yesterday and so earns a place on the watch list however I very much doubt if she will amount to anything.

Friday night is deep delve night, when aided with a glass, or two, of finest claret, I aim to identify future Tesla vessels. Lockdown has had a devastating effect on the wine cellar and I suspect it will have to be that St Emilion in the corner, that I have been avoiding for months, that will be supped tonight.
You’re awesome

With GLOVIS CHORUS racing down the Californian coast, it must be time for the:

GLOVIS CHORUS competition!

For those who are new here, I do these fun competitions for every ship on the Pier 80 -Zeebrugge run. The idea is to see if you can guess, using your skill and judgement, where the ship will be at the designated time in the future. There is no prize, it's just a bit of fun. You can scroll back in this thread to see previous competitions and results.

All you have to do is decide where GLOVIS CHORUS will be at Midday UTC on 20 May 2021. She should be in the Atlantic Ocean and I have divided the area into squares. Choose a square (preferably a blue one). Each of those big squares is subdivided into 25 smaller ones and you have to choose one. Click HERE to enter - it's free and easy to enter using your forum username only.

Only one entry per person.
The competition will close as soon as GLOVIS CHORUS enters the Panama Canal.
There is no prize!
The winner will be the person who chooses the closest small square first.

Just CLICK HERE and give it a go! Simple!

The big squares
Atlantic Major Squares.png

The minor squares
Minor Squares.png

GLOVIS CHORUS Competition

Found this forum and very insightful information this morning as I have started chasing up my M3P that i ordered through Tuskers as part of my employers salary sacrifice scheme.
I have been told the below today
1620394654772.png

Had originally been told the middle of May by tuskers and have now sold my car this week. 🙁

Found this forum and very insightful information this morning as I have started chasing up my M3P that i ordered through Tuskers as part of my employers salary sacrifice scheme.
I have been told the below today
View attachment 660184

Had originally been told the middle of May by tuskers and have now sold my car this week. 🙁
Sadly, I don’t think this is accurate. The ship carrying M3 Performance cars isn’t due to arrive into Southampton until 18th June. Deliveries won’t be until late June.

Reactions: Jez_GB
GLOVIS SUN is bound for the Suez Canal with an ETA there of 18 May.
She has left the Straits of Malacca behind and has rounded the Banda Aceh peninsula and is now heading for a point off the south coast of Sri Lanka.
My ETA for her in Zeebrugge is 28 May and possibly Southampton around 31 May.
The Zeebrugge Port Schedule is showing her arriving there on 4 Jun.
Based on those date estimates, is there a chance she'll drop off at Southampton *before* Zeebrugge?

I don't recall reading any of his reports which have a ship docking at Southampton before Zeebrugge!?
I agree with the historical precendent making it unlikely, and I guess we'll find out once it's through Suez. However, given we're in a "new" situation for deliveries (all cars coming from SHG vs some SHG/SFO vs all from SFO) it's the point where precedents could be broken...

Reactions: Jez_GB
@Mr Miserable Irish M3P VINs being given today. Does that mean they are on the water and if so any guess of which ship based on VIN assignment date?

Thanks, love your work!
I guess the reality is the Irish M3P’s are on the same boat as many others. History would suggest that boat is at or close to Singapore, that would suggest GLOVIS SUN but as there are extenuating circumstances with Irish deliveries and the grant withdrawal they may just have been allocated as soon as they were built so could still be on the quayside waiting loading or just have left on Lake Geneva. Neither of those would arrive as late as 18th June and that arrival date in Southampton would be very touch and go for onward shipment and registration in Ireland tho.

I guess the reality is the Irish M3P’s are on the same boat as many others. History would suggest that boat is at or close to Singapore, that would suggest GLOVIS SUN but as there are extenuating circumstances with Irish deliveries and the grant withdrawal they may just have been allocated as soon as they were built so could still be on the quayside waiting loading or just have left on Lake Geneva. Neither of those would arrive as late as 18th June and that arrival date in Southampton would be very touch and go for onward shipment and registration in Ireland tho.
Agree, I dont believe that the 18th June is correct. For Vin numbers to be issued the boat must have already set sail.

Status
Not open for further replies.