Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From other threads, I thought VINs 218xxx, 219xxx etc were on the first ship this quarter, so I'd have thought that car is already in the UK, hence why it's not on GLOVIS SUN.
But it doesn't make sense that they're telling you it doesn't arrive until June, unless they just don't have availability to deliver it to you until then.
Tesla are adamant that there is a bunch of cars arriving in to the UK in early June - mine being one of them. They’re being cagey about what ship they’re on though, I’ve never been able to get an answer as to this. Sadly I lack a VIN currently, so will update when I get an email back with said info.

As Mr Miserable says I wonder if they are in GLOVIS SUN but will be put on a different ship for the short hop over to the UK - presumably a smaller one?

I ordered a Model 3 LR from inventory (in transit) on 12/05. Got VIN numer immediately after paying deposit in some of the confirmation receipts (5YJ3E7EB7MF954xxx).

My local Tesla shop which is 300 km away says I can expect it between end of May and end of June.

Searching the VIN on UECC gives no result, so I fear it is not really in transit, any clues as to where in the world it might be? I live in Norway.

Tesla are adamant that there is a bunch of cars arriving in to the UK in early June - mine being one of them. They’re being cagey about what ship they’re on though, I’ve never been able to get an answer as to this. Sadly I lack a VIN currently, so will update when I get an email back with said info.

As Mr Miserable says I wonder if they are in GLOVIS SUN but will be put on a different ship for the short hop over to the UK - presumably a smaller one?
Same here in Ireland. I'm waiting on SR+, vin nb 236***.

Is it another boat to Ireland from Southhampton?

I ordered a Model 3 LR from inventory (in transit) on 12/05. Got VIN numer immediately after paying deposit in some of the confirmation receipts (5YJ3E7EB7MF954xxx).

My local Tesla shop which is 300 km away says I can expect it between end of May and end of June.

Searching the VIN on UECC gives no result, so I fear it is not really in transit, any clues as to where in the world it might be? I live in Norway.
I m 959 and mine is in the chorus so don’t worry ;-)

From other threads, I thought VINs 218xxx, 219xxx etc were on the first ship this quarter, so I'd have thought that car is already in the UK, hence why it's not on GLOVIS SUN.
But it doesn't make sense that they're telling you it doesn't arrive until June, unless they just don't have availability to deliver it to you until then.
I have a 219 VIN. The Tesla guy said my car arrived in Southampton on the 5th may. Pickup Friday 😜

Reactions: yfwt

I’d bet it was on the chorus or the the after countess

Yeah,
I'm VIN968 and also ordered the last model with "my" specs that was in transit. I was told to expect the car from mid to late june. I had a tiny hope that it was on the LAKE FUXIAN, but you guys are saying the CHORUS. What is that based on? the VIN?

Reactions: G00NERJ
Do you all get notification of your vin before transit by ship? UK specific answers prefferable.
I'm still in the dark era after ordering with deposit and Filling in all details registration details a day or so after.. ETA still showing as May but I can't see how that's possible (RHD M3P) don't even know if its a fremont or shanghai version

Do you all get notification of your vin before transit by ship? UK specific answers prefferable.
I'm still in the dark era after ordering with deposit and Filling in all details registration details a day or so after.. ETA still showing as May but I can't see how that's possible (RHD M3P) don't even know if its a fremont or shanghai version
Oh pls. - this is shipping movements over here!

I ordered a M3P from the UK in March and got my VIN yesterday it is definitely a Shanghai model as it has a LRW VIN. All M3P’s are on the Hyperion Ray expected to be in Southampton mid June for delivery by the end of Q2 so I very much doubt you will get a May delivery - check out the ‘UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room’ thread - some people on there been waiting since October

I ordered M3 LR with tow bar from inventory on 6th May, and delivery appointment is 12th June. Tesla say it left the factory in Shanghai recently so could it be on the Hyperion Ray as well?

The VIN appeared in the 'Manage' page source code today and it's LRW3F7EB4MC234xxx .
Definitely not on Hyperion Ray if you have an appointment for 12th June, i would expect its landing around the end of the month for that so probably making the hop over the channel from the Glovis Sun delivery.

It is a bit odd, i was always told there were 3 uk boats this quarter but there are only two clear SOuthampton arrivals, one which has been and gone and the other being Hyperion Ray around 08th to 12th June. Theres a general assumption that Glovis Sun will do a drop off in Southampton but it may even be that the cars get shipped over by ferry from Zebrugge as they used to when coming from Fremont.

Reactions: CaptainBurrito
I ordered M3 LR with tow bar from inventory on 6th May, and delivery appointment is 12th June. Tesla say it left the factory in Shanghai recently so could it be on the Hyperion Ray as well?

The VIN appeared in the 'Manage' page source code today and it's LRW3F7EB4MC234xxx .
My VIN is LRW3F7FA3MC234xxx, and I've got a delivery on the 9th June. I believe my car is on the GLOVIS SUN.

Reactions: CaptainBurrito
Ordered a M3 LR with Tow Hitch last week (business lease) so unlikely to get VIN etc. There latest communication today from the lease company was "they are anticipating the next vessel to arrive into the UK in the coming weeks, from this update we can see that you have been matched to a vehicle and delivery/collection will be taking place in June". Guessing this is Glovis Sun

LAKE FUXIAN continues to make good progress across the Atlantic.
She is presently about 100 NM north of Flores, the most westerly island in the Azores, and is maintaining her ENE’ly course to avoid the weather to the north of her - a fine strategy.
Her ETA for Zeebrugge is 22 May and the Zeebrugge port schedule is in agreement.

Fuxian Atlantic.png

GLOVIS CHORUS is averaging about 17 kts as she heads in to the North Atlantic.
She entered the North Atlantic yesterday evening via the Mona Passage.
She is already about 240 NM north of Puerto Rico on a great circle course direct to the English Channel.
She is entering quite a large area of unstable warm moist air which will trigger frequent thunderstorms over the next few days but other than that the weather is unremarkable. Despite lots of warnings of an early start of the hurricane season this year we have yet to see the first named storm in the region and GLOVIS CHORUS has enjoyed a free run through the area.
Her ETA in Zeebrugge is 27 May.

Glov Chorus Atlantic.png

GLOVIS CENTURY is presently about 60NM south of Cabo San Lucas making 16kts.
I currently estimate that her arrival in Zeebrugge will be around 5 Jun

The GLOVIS CENTURY competition is open - ENTER HERE
I’ve just had a quick peek at the entries and everybody has still chosen different minor squares, which is unusual, especially since a large number are within a 250 mile concentration. We had a few entries yesterday that have widened the field but this could still be a really close competition.
The winner will be the person who chooses the closest minor square first - so enter now if you haven’t already!

GL CENTURY Pac.png

The next ship to arrive at Pier 80 will be GLOVIS COUNTESS.
She is due alongside on Wednesday but I can’t see her arriving there until the early hours of Thursday at best, since she is only just arriving at the port of Hueneme at the moment, about 6 hours behind schedule I think.
I strongly suspect this will be the final ship of the quarter to leave for Europe from Pier 80.
It’s hard to give an estimate for her arrival in Zeebrugge since loading at Pier 80 is taking so much longer at present but I will take a stab at around 14 Jun.

GLOVIS SUN will arrive from Shanghai at Suez later tonight and I expect will transit the canal tomorrow.
She is currently entering the Gulf of Suez in excellent weather conditions.
My ETA for her in Zeebrugge is 28 May and possibly Southampton around 31 May.
The Zeebrugge Port Schedule is still showing her arriving there on 4 Jun.
Hopefully her routing from Suez will be clarified tomorrow once she clears the canal.

GL SUN to Suez.png

LAKE GENEVA is enroute to Suez with an ETA of 27 May.
She is currently maintaining just over 15kts as she crosses the Arabian Sea.
She is in an area where she will encounter frequent thunderstorms accompanied with heavy rainfall.
I estimate that she will arrive at Zeebrugge around 6 Jun.

Geneva to Suez.png

HYPERION RAY is the ship that I believe will be coming to Southampton.
She is routing non-stop to Suez and is currently enjoying excellent weather in the South China Sea making 17kts.
She should pass through the busy Singapore Straits tomorrow.
I expect her to arrive in Southampton around 8 Jun.

Hyp Ray S China Sea.png

There is still no sign that any of the above 3 ships from Shanghai will call in at Ashdod, Israel - perhaps they won't.

Satellite data supplied courtesy of marinetraffic

Sounds like the GLOVIS CHORUS is most likely ship for you to follow.

SR+ order here, I custom-ordered on the 4th May. I spoke to Tesla a few minutes ago, my account was updated this morning and a car allocated, it coincidentally left the factory on 4th May with an ETA of 23rd June, although the person I spoke to (she was really helpful!) said that they're deliberately over-estimating delivery dates by a couple of weeks since the Suez incident.

Just checked, and my VIN according to the page source is 242xxx. All the timings and the VIN would suggest it's on Hyperion Ray. Here comes a couple of weeks of eagerly tracking progress...

Status
Not open for further replies.